Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 612 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Bee
  • Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Early predictions say Rain on Me has a great chance of being #1

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Circles feels more ROTY than SOTY

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Circles feels more ROTY than SOTY

I only got it in SOTY as a placeholder. I feel like 4 pop songs is enough tbh.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

They do not

Again who has 2 AOTY wins?

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

People assume the more the Grammys, the more they like an artist, rather that’s the contrary. It’s the type of award they give the artist. Taylor has won AOTY against Beyoncé as well as a time that should have gone to a black artist. Beyoncé should have token AOTY at least against Beck as well as even maybe Adele, but she didn’t. She only won SOTY, and personally it’s like a consolation prize. Also there’s definitely a race factor, so you definitely can’t deny that.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Grammys liked Taylor more than Beyonce for a few years but in terms of overall careers they like Beyonce more.

yeah i agree with this, they definitely preferred taylor for a good period of time but that’s no longer true and hasn’t been for a years. overall they favour bey

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Post Malone hasn’t gotten a SOTY nomination with Sunflower as well as Rockstar which IMO were the bigger and better songs. He’s only getting into ROTY.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I hope they submit Savage in Rap Performance instead of Rap/Sung (because The Box will probably win easily). But then again LOYALTY went Rap/Sung even though Rihanna was rapping too, so idk

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Who cares whether they like Bey or Taylor more ? They like both, but also shaded the fuck out of them at some point. Red, Reputation and Lover won zilch and they even made sure to give Country Performance to that song I forgot the name but not Country Song when Taylor was credited as a songwriter. Red and Reputation outsold any Bey album in the 2010’s but won nothing because the narrative (and lobbying) wasn’t there

Overall they probably treated Bey better in terms of wins since she won for 10/12 of her eras but Swift obviously has higher highs with her AOTYs (she never won 5-6 awards in one night tho, Bey did twice)

Overall their ultimate fave is Adele. Bey and Taylor can fight for the runner-up spot

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I hope they submit Savage in Rap Performance instead of Rap/Sung (because The Box will probably win easily). But then again LOYALTY went Rap/Sung even though Rihanna was rapping too, so idk

i don’t think they would go that route. Beyoncé has always competed in Rap/Sung and she definitely rap singing on the song.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

The fact that Bey and Aretha Franklin won 42 Grammys combined but only one GF category is absolutely sickening. Now add Kanye, Jay-Z, Kendrick and they have 97 Grammys, but still one GF. Lol

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I think Savage will be competitive no matter where it goes but if they want an easy nom, Rap/Sung is the one to go since Beyoncé has multiple nominations there.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

lmaoo I asked y’all predictions on Best Music Film category since I only know Miss Americana and Seasons so far and y’all made a discussion about who the grammys like more Taylor or  Beyoncé lol they are not even going to compete against each other on this category next year.

But thanks Boz who told me about another music film contender. I didn’t know about this Ben Platt doc project on Netflix.

Rain on Me is aiming for 240K-260K first week unit sales in the US, according to Hits Daily Double.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Absolutely no way Savage wins over The Box for Rap/Sung Performance. That’s the biggest lock of the year, unless they snub it like they did with I Like It.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 612 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.