Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 791 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
M
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Yes because the fact that he lost to Childish Gambino, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga, Kacey Musgraves, and Lil Nas X in the last 2 years means he has no future at the Grammys Never mind that it took J. Cole 7 losses to get his first Grammy, Kendrick Lamar 7, Justin Timberlake 10, Daft Punk 5, etc.

India.Arie 7

I hope I can say sometime in the future that it took Bjork 15+ losses to win a Grammy.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Chromatica is such a vibe album. It’s production is stellar and pretty cohesive in my opinion. It’s a style I haven’t heard Gaga do in a long time. I’d say it’s definitely a mix between Born This Way and Artpop but at the same time it has its own unique sound and style. Sometimes the songs went by too fast for me, or at times the production tended to overshadow the lyrics therefore I had to hear them again. Yet some of the songs are pretty deep for club like record (lyrically), I love it when an artist uses their voice like that. Songs like “Rain On Me”, “Free Woman” & “Plastic Doll” “Fun Tonight” etc.

“You love the paparazzi, love the fame
    Even though you know it causes me pain
    I feel like I’m in a prison hell
    Stick my hands through the steel bars and yell
    What happens now? I’m not okay
    And if I scream, you walk away
    When I’m sad, you just wanna play
    I’ve had enough, why do I stay?”

Gaga is voicing her struggles and frustration in this entire record yet at the same time she’s embracing them and lets them be a part of her. It’s one the reasons why I love Rain On Me, It’s a song that’s so different than anything heard in Pop music right now. The meaning of the song is pretty big. And to have two great vocalists sing it out from a place of vulnerability is really inspiring.

It’s a pretty good album overall. People give Gaga a lot of flack the first few days of any release she’s done. It happens all the time. It happened with The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and especially with Artpop. But this one is different than Artpop, This record is a definitely a grower. I think it’s a shoe in for Pop Vocal Album, Pop Duo/ Group Perf, and even Music Video. As far as AOTY and ROTY nom (Rain On Me), We’ll see… It’s chances are looking really good. It takes time for any record to gain that kind of momentum. (P.S Alice is a bop)

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, Justin Timberlake deserved those 10 losses.  The fact that he has won 10 Grammys is a fucking joke.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Honey, Justin Timberlake deserved those 10 losses. The fact that he has won 10 Grammys is a fucking joke. YUCK!

You should turn off your account because you are a complete joke….

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I don’t hate Chromatica, and I do think it has good elements, but again it’s bad moments is very inconsistent. Some moments are boring. Others just seems very uninspired.

Also, as a Gaga stan, i don’t think it’s fair to say you are a hater if you don’t like something. I respect those who like the songs, but I don’t need to like them. I wish Gaga the best with her success and I hope Rain On Me goes number one, as well as has his longevity. But I think my opinions are valid as yours.

Speaking about the Grammys, Alice should have been the the lead single and get into Pop Solo.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

I enjoyed chromatica… I think I like it better than Future Nostalgia but idk I’ll have to listen to it more. Elton was not needed though let’s get that clear

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Post Malone deserves a Grammy. Circles is SOTY worthy

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I enjoyed chromatica… I think I like it better than Future Nostalgia but idk I’ll have to listen to it more. Elton was not needed though let’s get that clear

Wtf am I the only one that liked Sine From Above?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Wtf am I the only one that liked Sine From Above?

Darling, Sine From Above isn’t just one of the best on the Album, it’s one of the best of the year

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Post Malone deserves a Grammy. Circles is SOTY worthy

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. Not sure about SOTY though, but he’s pop solo worthy.

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I haven’t been following urban AC in a minute, so I really don’t know what to expect in that category right now.

It took a great deal of research, but I’ve mustered up a list of nominees.

Best Traditional R&B Performance

Ledisi – “Anything for You” (winner)

CeeLo Green – “Lead Me”

Charlie Wilson – “Forever Valentine”

PJ Morton ft. JoJo – “Say So” (Live)

Kem – “Lie to Me”

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Best Traditional R&B Performance

Ledisi – “Anything for You” (winner)

CeeLo Green – “Lead Me”

Charlie Wilson – “Forever Valentine”

PJ Morton ft. JoJo – “Say So” (Live)

Kem – “Lie to Me”

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Chromatica is…fine. Some nice production, some catchy hooks, it plays like a Born This Way B-sides record, but more polished, soft and rhythmic. This really is an ode to gay music with all the vogueing/ballroom style tracks like Babylon, Rain on Me, and Replay. The classical interludes are generic and seem like an afterthought/likely motivated by streaming optimization. The album only has one undeniable hit. Tracks on the second half are at best half baked, and at worst pure filler. There isn’t enough variety to keep things interesting when quality gets stretched thin. Honestly, all Gaga does on Replay is literally ruin a really nice instrumental. I hope this will not be submitted in Dance/Electronic since Gaga is a singer/songwriter and not an electronic music producer. This breaking into AOTY is a tossup depending on how it performs and what critics say. It has zero chance of winning. Standout tracks are Rain on Me, Free Woman, Alice, Fun Tonight, Babylon.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Chromatica could have used a huge dose of SOPHIE to save it from its blandness. Sophie’s clanking metallic sound engineering and bubblegum bass really embody the title “Chromatica”. Her more pure pop records are just blissful ear worms and would have been a perfect fit for Gaga. Apparently they have worked together but their song never saw the light of day.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I have to repeat everyone here and say Chromatica is good, but like… nothing earth-shattering. It has some really great bops on it, but some weaker areas. Which is typical for a Gaga album. Her best is still Fame Monster, which had no filler by keeping it short.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 791 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.