Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 791 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
M
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Ghyenenn
    Topics:

The Grammys’better not pull some bs & snub dsn and blinding lights from Roty/sort WINS, cause it won’t be a cute sight in the future looking back at how they snubbed such impeccable works, or even Dua in general because we all know she served the best this season whether you admit it or not. Second, they should reduce the number of Grammy voters, filter out who they chose (can you imagine bts are voters rn?) To avoid nominations and winners wins looking like some bbmas or amas nightmare – no artistic merit at all.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

The Weeknd

Yeah, he is one of the frontrunners. Also i think Blinding Lights for ROTY and SOTY but if the voters doesn’t want him to full sweep. Then goes other frontrunners like Fiona and Dua Lipa.

If Kendrick Lamar releases any time soon and it’s a hit, his win is almost guaranteed. I think they’re gonna have a black winner this year idk why. I just feel it.

I really want him to come back with TPAB-esque album. This is the time for him.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I wish the Grammys had precursors like the Oscars.

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Lol Lady Gaga can easily destroy The WeekND. She has more seniority than him in the general field, this would be her fourth Album of the Year nod, she’s been consistent nominations and wins throughout her decade long career, she just needs the longevity. I feel like y’all are overeating The WeekND has he really been that favored in the General field?

Profile picture
    Ghyenenn
    Topics:

I currently have DSN and BLINDING LIGHTS tied at the top of my ROTY forecast for nominations/win. I’d personally like to see Dua edge out the Weeknd in this one but we know The latter is the more well known & successful act which could play in his favor . And also BL is a serve of a record to warrant a win, but it doesn’t quite hold a candle to dsn for me.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

My predictions for Chromatica as of now:

Best Pop Duo/GP
    Best Pop Vocal Album

Possible:
    Best Engineered Album (the transition from Chromatica II to 911 alone deserves a Grammy)

Will have to wait and see (few more weeks):
    AOTY, ROTY, SOTY and Pop Solo

Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

I can honestly even see them opening the show tbh. It’s a record that gets you on your feet.

I can already see it raining on the stage and the crowd going wild.

Also, after the Grammys INTENTIONALLY (yes, I said it) snubbed the impeccable ASIB Soundtrack from AOTY, they owe Gaga…

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Blinding Lights should win song of the year

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Box deserves Best Music Video

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I can see Rain On Me crossing to the GF depending on how well it does. So far it seems like it will hold just fine. It is currently #2 on apple music

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Might “Savage” be in pop? Both “Truth Hurts” and “Old Town Road” were predicted by quite a few people to be in Rap/Sung, especially “Truth Hurts.” I never had a doubt that “Truth Hurts” was pop though and I initially predicted “Old Town Road” for only ROTY due to its “genre-blurring” aesthetic.

I’m having a tiny inkling “Savage” might get some pop consideration? It’s a longshot, but it could happen I guess. What do you guys think?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I can see Rain On Me crossing to the GF depending on how well it does. So far it seems like it will hold just fine. It is currently #2 on apple music

GF recognizes the best of the year. That song at best deserves a pop nod. It simply does not have that GF je-ne-sais-qoui to it.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

GF recognizes the best of the year. That song at best deserves a pop nod. It simply does not have that GF je-ne-sais-qoui to it.

Well, the GF had much worst nominees (and winners) than Rain On Me, which is a very well done song imo.

Also it features two of the biggest and most popular singers out here.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 791 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.