Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 791 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
M
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

There are 8 slots in ROTY now. And just wait…Rockstar is going to be massive and sounds it Grammy-friendly. I mean, it could happen. Let’s wait and we’ll see how Rockstar performs.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

DaBaby is bland. He has good flow, but his voice is not nice, and has boring taste in production. Lil Baby is the superior Baby. DaBaby has never had a song as good as Drip Too Hard.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

DaBaby is bland. He has good flow, but his voice is not nice, and has boring taste in production. Lil Baby is the superior Baby. DaBaby has never had a song as good as Drip Too Hard.

DaBaby is the sexiest rapper out there tho.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Looks like Chromatica’s gonna land in the low 80s on Metacritic, and open with a huge first week. ROM’s looking to hit #1 on the Hot 100 too. Things are lining up nicely for Gaga this era, and I’m sure it could very well translate to across the board nominations.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  Chromatica is NOT happening in Best Engineered Album.  Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

i hope we’re not underestimating Dua lipa because of sales. Many producers are absolutely in love with this album.

she will be very competitive.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Last year, a lot of people said “Truth Hurts” was Rap/Sung (like, wtf?) and I got some responses telling me she’s selling it as rap song and that “Juice” was her pop entry only for her to win Pop Solo performance.

This year, I’ll continue saying “The Box” is Rap/Sung and some people would wanna argue its way into pure Rap. I still stand by what I said. If it shows up in Rap, that’s fraud. “Drip Too Hard” is far more rap performance eligible than “The Box’ imo.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Other than “The Box” and “Rockstar,” what are your predictions for the Rap field? I need some help filling out my Word document.

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

Hmmm I see Gunna getting into Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

Other than “The Box” and “Rockstar,” what are your predictions for the Rap field? I need some help filling out my Word document.

The Box, Savage, Rockstar and Life Is Good are all locks for song categories. Roody Ricch and Lil Uzi Vert are competitive for Rap Album alongside maybe Future/DaBaby/Jay Eletronica. Highest In The Room/The Scotts and Toosie Slide are also contenders.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Thanks for the rap suggestions guys, now I’ve got something to fill in the blanks for now.

Going through my ROTY longlist, H.E.R. really has a chance. “Sometimes” is a beautiful record and imo would deserve a slot even in a five-nominee lineup. I don’t think “Slide” would be her better bet by any means.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Chromatica has definitely grown on me: songs like Sour Candy, Free Woman, Babylon and definitely Sine From Above are standouts.

Light 6/10

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

I don’t see Chromatica as a potential AOTY winner. I don’t even feel sure about it getting nominated just yet. How it holds up commercially is going to be important, because Gaga is a commercial artist. And yes, I still think Future Nostalgia might generally fare better. Though I don’t see that as something that can win AOTY either. I may feel differently about Chromatica’s chances as the months wear on. But I don’t see a dance-pop album from a female pop star winning ATOY unless it’s a mega hit with a good amount of acclaim.

The Weeknd and Fiona Apple are still the early front runners. The Weeknd has the combination of solid sales, reviews, hit singles and voter appeal. While the fact that a black artist hasn’t won AOTY in a while might become a storyline come Grammy time. Fiona still has a ridiculous amount of critical acclaim, an album that’s appealed to a broad amount of artists and producers and musicians, and she’ll get a cute amount of passion votes. For now, it’s still a two-horse race.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

I said it once and I’ll say it again, Dua is not happening. Pop Solo and Pop Vocal are the only things I’m predicting.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

I know EIW held well in the top 20 for a while, but are y’all really seeing Record and Song noms for Billie? I can’t see anything past Pop Solo. She just swept.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 791 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.