Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 791 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
M
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Is it safe to say that Chromatica is the current frontrunner for BPVA or Hollywood’s Bleeding or Future Nostalgia?

My vote: Chromatica (for now).

As of now, I think so, Hollywood’s Bleeding is hurt by being sort of old news, and from an artist not very Grammy-friendly, and Future Nostalgia is hurt by weaker sales.

But I think still, both of those can easily upset.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I think Bieber will be smart and submit Stick Wit U to ROTY/SOTY.

I can see him doing this:

Changes – Urban Comtemporary Album. (He May as well try lol since he thinks it’s R&B. At worst it will be moved to Pop Vocal where he’s more competitive)

Get Me w/ Kehlani – R&B Performance, R&B Song
    Yummy – Pop Solo
    Intentions – Pop Duo/Group

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, I said white women.  If Lady Gaga is such a Grammy darling, she would’ve won ROTY and SOTY for “Shallow” and AOTY for A Star Is Born.

As of now, Gaga will get her usual two Pop nominations.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I think Bieber will be smart and submit Stick Wit U to ROTY/SOTY. I can see him doing this: Changes – Urban Comtemporary Album. (He May as well try lol since he thinks it’s R&B. At worst it will be moved to Pop Vocal where he’s more competitive) Get Me w/ Kehlani – R&B Performance, R&B Song Yummy – Pop Solo Intentions – Pop Duo/Group

That “Stuck with U” lowkey might nab an SOTY and even ROTY nod. It’s got “Hard Place”/”Someone You Loved” kinda vibes.

Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

Lady Gaga, or any pop star, is not gonna win AOTY with a dance album. Dance music is taken even less seriously than hip hop. I personally don’t think it will be nominated but we’ll see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Ariana is better off submitting ROM to ROTY. And Bieber is better off submitting Intentions.

It’s looking like both of those songs will be bigger than SWU. Also the bundles backlash SWU received doesn’t help, which is kinda unfair, because Savage and Say So also abused bundles but got no backlash.

Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

They will give Gaga a General field nod like they did with A Star Is Born. We just don’t know which one yet. AOTY is more likely though because Rain on Me in ROTY/SOTY is not happening unless it actually holds up and not just a 1 weeker. But I think it will stay at number one for an additional week. I’ll add her in AOTY. Pop Vocal and Pop Duo/Group. I hope she releases a new single in August because Stupid Love I fear wont be strong enough to make it into Pop Solo unless they are name checking her across the pop field.

I feel the opposite. She has a better chance in ROTY because the song has a narrative and seems to be smashing so far. The album doesn’t sound like it has another hit single that would connect and keep it afloat after Rain On Me dies.

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

It’s looking like both of those songs will be bigger than SWU. Also the bundles backlash SWU received doesn’t help, which is kinda unfair, because Savage and Say So also abused bundles but got no backlash.

Because of that 6xi9ne ( whatever his name is).  He kept bragging about illegal bundles on insta.

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

I think it is perfect time for adele to start her new era. Literally, there is no huge competition ( besides the weekend) . If she releases,  she’s gonna win her usual 5 grammys.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I think it is perfect time for adele to start her new era. Literally, there is no huge competition ( besides the weekend) . If she releases, she’s gonna win her usual 5 grammys.

What will her new title be though? Like 50? lol

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I think the difference with Gooba and Stuck With U is that we all know those songs weren’t the number 1 that week. I haven’t heard any of those songs outside of that week and the paid promotion for both. Savage and Say So, Blinding Lights and Don’t Start Now all had organic growth as well. They all will be remembered as songs of this year. Yes, many had paid pushes to get them over some hurdles, but they were well-loved and often played songs.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

On “The Box” having a chance in SOTY:

The past two SOTY wins, “bad guy” and “This Is America,” indicate that the academy might not be all that lyrics crazy. I see it as they’re kinda gravitating towards songs with unique melodies, which “The Box” has imo. I wouldn’t rule him out just yet.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Bad Guy was part of a sweep for Billie Eilish, a popstar with an edgy/emo aesthetic and the “young girl who wrote most of this by herself” appeal. This is America scored woke points. The Box achieves neither of these things for a SOTY nod. Maybe it can take the God’s Plan route for that but I still don’t see it. ROTY is where it’s at.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Post is still the frontrunner for BPVA. Chromatica is second as it always has been. Dua was never happening.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I still see Chromatica taking the Lover route. On her best day, 4 noms with AOTY (big maybe), ROTY, and two Pop noms. But for now, I see ROM as more of a No Tears Left To Cry than anything serious for a ROTY nom. It can just win Pop Duo.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 791 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.