Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 791 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
M
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    only_one
    Topics:

Another black person here. I just don’t feel the need to “spam” a Grammy thread with that talk. It’s all over social media and rightfully so. And this site has created places specifically for that type of dialogue. Besides, there are too many messy birds here. I fear someone really pissing me off and getting this blood pressure higher than what it already is.

Spam? Really spam?

Your blood pressure will be fine considering people are suffering far greater tragedies.

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

Yeah, I just don’t see any point doing that here. It’s only going to lead to bitchiness and people talking about how this is the Grammy section. It would be a futile endeavor to “go there” here. I also just got back from my downtown protest a few hours ago. I know what’s up. And as I said, there’s already a spot created here for those discussions.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    only_one
    Topics:

The GRAMMY forums are already contentious enough with trolls, bullies, stans, and fake accounts. Adding BLM talk into the mix is a recipe for disaster.

This is a very important coversation. And considering that this is a grammys thread, where we have witnessed years of racism, how do you separate the two?

Music from way back has been a weapon for fighting injustices.

There’s too much correlation to consider these as completely independent events.

Profile picture
    Emptyhanded
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Ed Sheeran deserved anything for Thinking Out Loud 💀💀 Cynthia Erivo is not happening outside visual media if she’s lucky. I think with what’s going on The Weeknd and Roddy Ricch will have better chances in the GF. They will try to paint themselves as “Not racist” and give big awards to POC artists.

If they were voting right now sure, but by the time voting begins the media will move. However, with the US I’m sure another one will happen in a few months anyway…

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

i don’t think there’s need to talk in detail about everything going on right now here, it’s a lot more effective to talk on twitter, instagram etc – and you all should speak up.

however, it does still relate to the grammys. i wonder if this will have any effect on political voting

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

however, it does still relate to the grammys. i wonder if this will have any effect on political voting

I was semi hinting to this earlier. It’s hard to tell how much something like that might affect the Grammys since voting is months away. But I do feel a lot of voters will want to make next year’s ceremony as black as possible. And I felt that way before all the recent sh*t.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I feel “Sometimes” is really being underestimated. It’s a decent potential ROTY nominee.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Ed Sheeran deserved anything for Thinking Out Loud 💀💀

Cynthia Erivo is not happening outside visual media if she’s lucky.

I think with what’s going on The Weeknd and Roddy Ricch will have better chances in the GF. They will try to paint themselves as “Not racist” and give big awards to POC artists.

Please just say Black. POC is a slur at this point. .svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Cynthia Eriva’s “Stand Up” would be a refreshing nomination in ROTY. If the Blue Ribbon Panel is you know..down with the cause.

It is definitely taking Visual Media Song though.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Not the place? Lol
    How come the gay rights aren’t a problem for the forum but #BlackLivesMatter need a new thread.

Not tryna start a war but there is no right time or place to create awareness and fight the individual and systemic racism.

This is a safe place for you to speak about whatever you want to. But the forum is divided in different sub-forums for a reason. Like you were told, you can start a thread on General Discussion and those who wish to speak about it in here will go and post.
    Starting a comparison between gays and black persons is unnecessary, lol. Especially when some members are both.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, this forum is way too white to discuss race issues.  #BlackLivesMatter

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Just saw the City of Lover concert on Disney Plus and I had to stan Taylor for a bit. Man, that is some TALENT! Great self written lyrics, a fantastic voice that doesn’t need to be assisted by background vocals or Autotune, and Instrumental talent! There’s very few modern pop artists that posses all 3 of those abilities. Also, Daylight, Cornelia Street, and Death by a Thousand Cuts were meant to be instrumental. They should have been released that way on the album.

And yes, I know this is off-topic, but there wasn’t a better place to put it.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Blinding Lights has Pop Solo locked down. No other song eligible for that category has been as jointly acclaimed and successful. Plus it’s pretty likely to win ROTY, if not SOTY as well.

I had Dua Lipa in front for Pop Album, but with her insane sales plus pretty strong critical acclaim I think Lady Gaga’s the new frontrunner, especially since she’s going to do better on the charts.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Please just say Black. POC is a slur at this point. .svg” class=”emoji”

I was also thinking of asian artists like Rina and Conan since they could get a nom in BNA. Not just black people. I’m sorry if came out wrong, I’m not from the States so I don’t know that much about that stuff.

I’m sorry 😞

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think there’s very little incentive to discuss this matter because most of us here are probably gay, liberal/progressive, people of color etc…

We’re all in agreement on this issue. It’s not even debatable among us. Black lives matter. Trump is a moron. But at the end of the day, the most we can do is vote these people out of power. I was very disappointed when Bernie Sanders lost the primaries. I felt we needed that kind of honest and effective leadership. We need an aggressive agenda that pushes for equality. Equality in America right now is a myth. But I sort of gave up personally. It’s just very painful to even hope for change. We have a president who appeals to alt-right racists and refuses to say something as inoffensive as “black lives matter”. He’s just completely nuts, along with the people who elected him. And that would be half of america.

Anyway, that’s just my take on the issue. Back to the Grammy’s…

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 791 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.