Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 776 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
M
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

The correct year to reward a black artist.
    Was this year for Lizzo, a beautiful curvy confident, chocolate woman. But instead they gave it to a whispering depressed slimy green demon. Come to think of it Billie sweeping is fitting for this atrocious year we are having.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

yeah because by giving a Grammy to a rich recording artists will change racism in America.

America will never change racism regardless. Black Lives Matter is to call out racist things, such as police brutality, not to end racism, because all black people know, white people are still racist. My point this year for the Grammys is to champion music, but most importantly give voices to the unheard, and that starts in every black medium. We deserve a year where all the GF winners are black.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I never said African American, I said Black. Americans are racist to any Black person, regardless of nationality. Like for example, Adele and Mumford and Sons won AOTY for commercially successful albums, both of which are not from America. Yet Drake, a Toronto native, still didn’t win in 2018 except for having the most commercially successful album of the bunch as well as spawning 3 number ones.

Thank God

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Now, we bringing Drake’s lame ass into this? And weren’t you just talking about being tired of race and politics being brought up in this thread? Yet, every other day you keep bringing up The Weeknd and pretty much suggesting he should win based mostly on race.

The Weeknd’s album is cool and it’d make a good enough winner. But it’s not a widely beloved or groundbreaking album that many are clamoring to see be victorious at the Grammys. If he loses, meh. If he wins, cute for him. But him winning or losing doesn’t really move the meter as much as you think it does.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Thank God

So you are saying you would rather have forgetable Mumford and Sons then influential Drake for AOTY. Scorpion was trash, but Drake is probably going to remember as the biggest male artist of the 2010s, whether you like it or not.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Now, we bringing Drake’s lame ass into this? And weren’t you just talking about being tired of race and politics being brought up in this thread? Yet, every other day you keep bringing up The Weeknd and pretty much suggesting he should win based mostly on race. The Weeknd’s album is cool and it’d make a good enough winner. But it’s not a widely beloved or groundbreaking album that many are clamoring to see be victorious at the Grammys. If he loses, meh. If he wins, cute for him. But him winning or losing doesn’t really move the meter as much as you think it does.

IDK what else to say but we, as Black folks, are tired of black people being sidelined in big awards. I brought up politics within regards to the Grammy nominations/wins, not on about Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders or Doja Cat.

The music is toxic asf. It’s like if I say Dua Lipa deserves AOTY, I get backlash with no specific reason. If I say Fiona Apple deserves AOTY, I backlash with no specific reason. If I say The Weeknd deserves AOTY, I get backlash with no specific reason. 

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Good for Drake for being huge but that album was hot garbage. If you want to make a point then Janelle Monáe is right there.

My point wasn’t to discuss the quality of the album since it’s was a bloated album. My point was to talk about the Grammys look at your skin color rather than whether than your from American or not. Adele and Mumford & Sons won primarily won for sales, yet Drake in 2018 had the biggest album in the lineup, yet lost. How is that fair if we are deciding wins based on commercial and safeness. If we are talking about quality, BEYONCÉ and DAMN. deserved it over Morning Phase and 24k Magic

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

So you are saying you would rather have forgetable Mumford and Sons then influential Drake for AOTY. Scorpion was trash, but Drake is probably going to remember as the biggest male artist of the 2010s, whether you like it or not.

I’d rather have neither

Kendrick and Beyoncé were the most robbed. Jay, Janelle and a few others too, to a lesser extent

Drake doesn’t belong to that conversation. He’s massively overrated because of his stats and his music has been ass for years now. Him winning AOTY when better artists (with good stats too) were passed over would have been awful

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The difference is adele’s album was critically acclaimed too. Drake’s album was the worst of the year.

Scorpion ironically has a Metacritic score of 67, a meh scoring. It’s just not favored amongst fans, including me.

Edit: Babel has a lower MC score of a mear 63. So I mean you can’t really say that.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I mean, Scorpion was a huge era, a cultural moment (for better or worse since that In My Feelings challenge was one of the dumbest things that ever came out of social media) but the actual music ? Nah

DAMN. on the other hand was the perfect combo of commercial success (#1 album of the year) and critical acclaim (highest rated album of the year). That’s a better example

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 776 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.