Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s keep the discussion going in Part 13.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Yeah, um, I’m not here for acting as if it’d be some tragedy if The Weeknd doesn’t win AOTY. It’s not as if it’s an album a lot of folks are loving and feel must be rewarded. It’s merely the consensus front-runner for now. While compared to the combo of cultural impact and acclaim of Beyoncé’s self-titled and Lemonade, Kendrick’s last two, a couple of Kanye’s, Frank Ocean’s debut, The Weeknd’s The Beauty and the Madness, Cardi B’s album and hell, even Lizzo- After Hours doesn’t compare. Furthermore, though it’s sold well it’s not huge. And it’s had and will likely only have one big single. This is not some undeniable situation. Hell, I doubt we’ll even see as much internet backlash as usual if he doesn’t win, because it’s not an album many are passionate about.

I don’t even like the album. Apart from Blinding Lights, Alone Again and like two other tracks, the rest are unbearable for me. Heartless is just silly. I love him though. Blinding lights is great

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Fuck all of y’all. I’m rooting for After Hours to win. Abel deserves to win for his best studio album to date.

Edit:I don’t care if you don’t support him winning, but I personally want him to win a Grammy for that album. Period.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

Fuck all of y’all. I’m rooting for After Hours to win. Abel deserves to win for his best studio album to date.

It doesn’t even crack my top 3 Weeknd projects. It is a solid record though. And if that’s who you’re rooting for- do you. I just don’t think it’ll be problematic if he doesn’t win. That is not some widely beloved, ridiculously acclaimed and/or mega hit of an album that demands AOTY. And if it doesn’t get it we must talk about race. It ain’t that.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, The Weeknd winning AOTY before Kendrick Lamar would be a fucking joke.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Fuck all of y’all. I’m rooting for After Hours to win. Abel deserves to win for his best studio album to date. Edit:I don’t care if you don’t support him winning, but I personally want him to win a Grammy for that album. Period.

That’s the Urban Contemporary category is for, boo.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Chromatica is getting in.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

Thank god! You finally got rid of Demo Flopato. I am so happy I don’t have to see her annoying face here anymore.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m not sure where the notion that After Hours isn’t that loved is coming from. Many people, including myself, think After Hours is by far the best album of the year. It’s not as critically acclaimed as Future Nostalgia and Fetch the Bolt Cutters but it has by far the most passionate fan following. That’s why it was able to sell like 450K in it’s first week and be the first album since Scorpion to stay #1 on the Billboard 200 for 4 weeks in a row: so many people bought the album and the bundles. The only other album that comes close to After Hours in sheer popularity is BTS’s.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  After Hours is NOT “by far the best album of the year.”  Y’all need to stop smoking that stuff.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Edit:I don’t care if you don’t support him winning, but I personally want him to win a Grammy for that album. Period.

Can you like….calm the fuck down? We got what you said the first time. If you don’t care if we support him too stop being so loud.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

This message is for the person here who goes by the name Preston:

You responded to me near the bottom of this page by accident I guess it was.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2021-grammy-awards-predictions-part-12/page/46

I just wanted to say thank you for calling me by another name that isn’t mine. People at my job for some unknown reason get me confused with another co-worker. At first I thought that it was funny, but it eventually became aggravating due to how my co-worker unfortunately is and so thank you again for calling me by a name that isn’t the name of my co-worker. (smiles)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly my co-worker falls into the autistic category and so working with her can be a challenge. She’s nice and well meaning of course, but with her being the way that she is, she can be a real handful. (thanking the Lord that today is a day off for me)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

After Hours win could allow Kendrick’s new album to be able to run.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I don’t see it for The Weeknd in AOTY. His music simply isn’t their usual taste. Much like Ariana Grande last year, he’s a lock for a nomination but will likely lose.

Ariana was blown away by heavy competition from new acts like Billie, Lizzo, and Lil Nas and was pretty much done by the time WWAFAWDWG released. We have 2 (or 3) months left in the eligibility period and still have no strong threat to Weeknd’s impending win. Of course, things can change in a flash but unless they decide to go with an indie artist like Fiona Apple, he has it for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.