Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I wished I had as much faith as those that still think the Grammy’s want to give Kendrick an AOTY trophy.

Honey no, if a rapper does not a melodic sound, they won’t win, regardless of how good the lyrics are or how good his flow is.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Tbh I never saw any backlash against Adele, I mean more people love Adele then they love Beyoncé at times. But I think LEMONADE’s lost definitely help the conversation that Black artists and musicians were not taken seriously in the eyes of the general public.

I agree with that, I just think that if she wins against another album from a black artist where there’s a consensus that they should win a backlash could mount. I think her speech is what helped shift the backlash away from her, but that can only work so many times. Adele’s a great artist and doesn’t deserve a backlash from people for a decision the voters make, but it’s a real possibility.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Agreed, I don’t believe Kenny winning aoty until I see it

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

TBH if DAMN. lost then I don’t see it for Kenny. That was the biggest and most acclaimed album of the year, easily his most “mainstream” album, sweeped all of its other awards, won a fucking Pulitzer, and they still gave it to Bruno Mars. They don’t care.

See the need for The Weeknd to win? Black artist deserve more.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

TBH if DAMN. lost then I don’t see it for Kenny. That was the biggest and most acclaimed album of the year, easily his most “mainstream” album, sweeped all of its other awards, won a fucking Pulitzer, and they still gave it to Bruno Mars. They don’t care.

Hmmm, I still do tbh. Not only because this year is almost super weak (and will be weaker than the year DAMN lost to 24k), but if his album is political, it would look bad if he lost with the BLM protests taking over. But we’ll see.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Unfortunately i don’t have too much hope for Kendrick winning a GF award even if he sells too much. They got a rap bias, This Is America won because it’s a more of a political song and liberal’s favorite. The Weeknd is one of the frontrunners, maybe the strongest frontrunner i don’t know. Fiona also has a strong chance although there is a possibility that she can boycott the awards. Dua Lipa got more chance than Gaga.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Also The Weeknd is beatable, please. And if Kendrick releases he’s 100% stealing the spotlight in the rap field from Roddy.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Also The Weeknd is beatable, please. And if Kendrick releases he’s 100% stealing the spotlight in the rap field from Roddy.

I agree with that, Roddy is still a new artist while Kendrick is like got much respect for a rapper.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Hmmm, I still do tbh. Not only because this year is almost super weak (and will be weaker than the year DAMN lost to 24k), but if his album is political, it would look bad if he lost with the BLM protests taking over. But we’ll see.

Actually Kendrick released To Pimp A Butterfly back in 2015, where the song Alright was used as a Black anthem to deal with police brutality of the killings of Treyvon Martin, Eric Harris, Leroy Browning, Freddie Grey, Philando Castile, Terence Crutcher, Tamir Rice… I could go on and on and on. You see that this issue is still going on today.

Again, this is probably the album we look back on the 2010s, especially since it’s the most politicize album of the decade, yet still lost. So Kendrick can release a body of work that can get widespread, sell records, and be so politically invested, yet still lose. 4 times to be exact. So no Grammy fans will have to wait to see his name be called then actually believe the Grammys will ever award a rapper with the award.

FYC:

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

Dua Lipa got more chance than Gaga.

Gaga has 2 top 5 hits and a future #1 album. Dua Lipa is definitely not in front of the Gaga.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

1. If Kendrick released in such an atmosphere he can win easily. But I’m not sure that it’ll remain that way until December. I think he will be way more of a protest/political vote than The Weeknd. The Weeknd’s music is far from being political and doesn’t address black issues in anyway.

2. Dua Lipa is definitely not more likely than Gaga. Let’s stop with the delusion. And I love both of them. But we know the Grammy’s aren’t going to give AOTY to a Pop album unless it has strong numbers. Even x11 winner Gaga will still need strong sales throughout the year to win.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

1. If Kendrick released in such an atmosphere he can win easily. But I’m not sure that it’ll remain that way until December. I think he will be way more of a protest/political vote than The Weeknd. The Weeknd’s music is far from being political and doesn’t address black issues in anyway.

Kendrick is not winning! Deal with it!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

Unfortunately i don’t have too much hope for Kendrick winning a GF award even if he sells too much. They got a rap bias, This Is America won because it’s a more of a political song and liberal’s favorite. The Weeknd is one of the frontrunners, maybe the strongest frontrunner i don’t know. Fiona also has a strong chance although there is a possibility that she can boycott the awards. Dua Lipa got more chance than Gaga.

If he releases before the cutoff I could see Kendrick winning this year with a highly acclaimed and very political album. But I could also see him merely taking some “anybody that’s black” votes away from The Weeknd and in turn assisting Fiona winning. I could see Fiona winning a few Grammys, including AOTY. Or I could see her being paid dust as far as wins. And of course, I could see her not submitting. I no longer think Dua has much of a chance of nabbing an AOTY win, especially if she can’t manage another legit hit this year. Is she in a better position than Gaga? It’s hard to say right now. Outside of stans, very few believe Gaga’s album is special or truly great. While the music on the album just isn’t very “Grammy friendly”. So, she does need the album to stay commercially viable. And she needs a single to stay commercially viable for a while. She’s still a big question mark nomination wise.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Is Kendrick even releasing this cycle? I feel like 3 months for a Kendrick album seems unlikely at this point, but I will sure need it, rather Black audiences need it after the whole shit. I would be surprised, but excited. I also think both The Weeknd and Kendrick have the same bases, as RT was saying which could allow acts like Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa or Fiona Apple to win.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.