Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Chrissy
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Keri Hilson is going on in this thread?  The Weeknd would NOT be a good Album of the Year winner

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Neither Post nor The Weeknd are winning AOTY, however I do think The Weeknd is more likely. I still think Post Malone is being wildly overestimated.

At this point, if it doesn’t go to Fetch The Bolt Cutters then it might go to an indie album like The Highwomen or The Slow Rush. TBH I think Roddy Ricch is being underestimated; his album will likely end up at #2 on the YE, he has solid critical and commercial backing. If he manages to be the sole rap nominee, he could surprise us.

Maybe Roddy split votes with The Weeknd? I don’t know, but if we let obvious racism aside this is what explain Taylor winning over Kendrick and The Weeknd in 2016. Could happen again and a indie act win this time, like you said.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Can we all agree to ignore that Weeknd stan until he uses the same font we all use? It’s getting annoying.
    sumn

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Maybe Roddy split votes with The Weeknd? I don’t know, but if we let obvious racism aside this is what explain Taylor winning over Kendrick and The Weeknd in 2016. Could happen again and a indie act win this time, like you said.

How can they split? They’re not even in the same genre.

Roddy Rich isn’t winning anything in the GF. The Box could spend 25 weeks at #1 and they would still give ROTY to someone else. That rap bias is too heavy and is not given the same leniency as pop.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

How can they split? They’re not even in the same genre. Roddy Rich isn’t winning anything in the GF. The Box could spend 25 weeks at #1 and they would still give ROTY to someone else. That rap bias is too heavy and is not given the same leniency as pop.

This Is America won ROTY and SOTY in 2019 so your argument is not valid.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

This Is America was hugely political. The Box won’t get same treatment despite being excellent

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Chrissy
    Topics:

Honey, Roddy Ricch is NOT winning Album of the Year or any general field category.  Damn shame since he’s very deserving.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Can we all agree to ignore that Weeknd stan until he uses the same font we all use? It’s getting annoying.  

Why are you guys pressed at my font? It’s sooo stupid to bicker about it. Like why? I will apologize for being petty, but I mean I guess that’s the internet, finding petty shit to argue or be pressed about.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

it’s totally valid because there are so many other obvious reasons why TIA won

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Yes it is. One rap song in 60 years doesn’t change anything

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

This Is America is literally about racism and you guys think Grammys are racist. Grow up. TIA is overall very basic and it wasn’t even a huge hit, it had no longevity and The Grammys gave it ROTY, SOTY plus 2 other genre categories over more deserving other artists like Shallow which is already a modern classic.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

“One rap song won ROTY in 60 years so they can’t be biased against rap” is just as dumb as saying one can’t be racist because he has one black friend

They are biased against rap, it’s the most painfully obvious thing about them. I can’t believe this fact in particular is still being debated

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Kendrick hasn’t released yet but RTJ4 is out now. Killer Mike is a former Grammy winner and they nominated as a duo once. The album is just awesome, best album of the week.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Yes it is. One rap song in 60 years doesn’t change anything

Not to mention it was the one white liberals could circle jerk around.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.