Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

It’ll be another tight race for number one this week with Savage slightly ahead of ROCKSTAR. I thought Rain on Me would do better this week with the album release… I think it’ll be Savage by a hair, but ROCKSTAR could get a push for number 1. if it’s not this week, it’ll be next week. I don’t see much getting released this Friday. Intentions keeps creeping up the charts too… could get the Scooter last minute push to hit the top 3 with strong radio numbers. Also take note that it’s high on the pop radio charts… it’ll likely be placed there over R&B. Other than that, there’s nothing really climbing the charts right now other than ROCKSTAR and Intentions. Break My Heart continues to get a second life, but it’s a ways off from getting close to the top ten again if it does. The same goes with the Lewis Capaldi song.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The Weeknd is not winning AOTY. Post Malone isn’t either – but he’s definitely ahead of him in the race.

Period.

I don’t see how Fiona Apple doesn’t win – she has so much going for her.

I don’t see her giving a fuck about campaigning honestly and her sound can be hard to get into.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter whether Abel’s music is political or not. The subject matters are way too controversial for him to win AOTY

I’m not sure what subject matters you’re talking about. Most of these songs are about his on-off relationship with Bella Hadid, or about his turbulent rock star lifestyle. Scared To Live is about wanting to move on from his relationship with Selena Gomez and encouraging her to do the same, Faith addresses some of the darker moments of his past, and Until I Bleed Out is about him wanting to let go of all of the pain in his life. The only subject matter that could maybe be considered controversial is the “wrists bleed” line in Snowchild, unless Grammy voters think that “Until I Bleed Out” is literally about him bleeding out.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I don’t see her giving a fuck about campaigning honestly and her sound can be hard to get into.

In the past few years, we’ve seen Lana Del Rey, Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monae, Lorde, Sturgil Simpson and more whose sounds aren’t very mainstream. Though Fiona’s project might’ve upped them in the “weird” aspect, I wouldn’t rule it out from the race.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Exactly. Grammys are not rewarding AOTY to album about drugs and sex.

Because they definitely didn’t give AOTY to albums with songs like “Versace On The Floor” and “Xanny”, LOL!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Regaring Fiona campaigning, there’s nothing saying she can’t pull a Mo’Nique with this one.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Keep an eye out for this one… they haven’t been a Grammy player before but since their last album Killer Mike has been a huge voice and is very well-respected.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/rtj4/run-the-jewels?ref=hp

Them getting into Rap Album will be their reward.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Because they definitely didn’t give AOTY to albums with songs like “Versace On The Floor” and “Xanny”, LOL!

“Xanny” is about abstaining from drug use and 24k Magic is well… 24k Magic. Lol.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  Fiona Apple does NOT have so much going for her.  Besides a high Metacritic score (something voters don’t give a shit about), she flopped hard.  That album is completely forgotten.  No way is she winning Album of the Year.  The nomination will be her reward.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

And for those saying After Hours is too explicit, the only songs on that album with seriously explicit lyrics are Snowchild, Escape From LA, Faith, and Heartless. Spotify just did that lazy bullcrap where they labeled the whole album “explicit”, even though you can find a whole alternate version of the album with no explicit labels and only those 4 songs I listed above are censored.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I’m not sure what subject matters you’re talking about. Most of these songs are about his on-off relationship with Bella Hadid, or about his turbulent rock star lifestyle. Scared To Live is about wanting to move on from his relationship with Selena Gomez and encouraging her to do the same, Faith addresses some of the darker moments of his past, and Until I Bleed Out is about him wanting to let go of all of the pain in his life. The only subject matter that could maybe be considered controversial is the “wrists bleed” line in Snowchild, unless Grammy voters think that “Until I Bleed Out” is literally about him bleeding out.

No need to edulcorate, those “darker moments” and “turbulent rock star lifestyle” you’re speaking of are about drugs and sex. Add to that suicide and the fact that he’s literally bleeding on his album cover and you get an album way too controversial to win. Now add to that his blackness and it’s over. I don’t think even being white could push him to the finish line with an album like After Hours

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Get real! Fiona Apple does NOT have so much going for her. Besides a high Metacritic score (something voters don’t give a shit about), she flopped hard. That album is completely forgotten. No way is she winning Album of the Year. The nomination will be her reward.

If she gets nominated – which she will – Fiona is winning.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

In the past few years, we’ve seen Lana Del Rey, Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monae, Lorde, Sturgil Simpson and more whose sounds aren’t very mainstream. Though Fiona’s project might’ve upped them in the “weird” aspect, I wouldn’t rule it out from the race.

Well not of them won besides Kacey and I wouldn’t say her sound is hard to grasp as Fiona when it’s similar to Taylor Swift’s country sound.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Keep an eye out for this one… they haven’t been a Grammy player before but since their last album Killer Mike has been a huge voice and is very well-respected. https://www.metacritic.com/music/rtj4/run-the-jewels?ref=hp

Awesome album. Deserves to win Rap Album. If this album becoming a soundtrack of these protests maybe even we can see it on GF.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Regaring Fiona campaigning, there’s nothing saying she can’t pull a Mo’Nique with this one.

No? Mo’Nique was undeniable in every way possible. Fetch the Bolt Cutters isn’t undeniable enough to be a locked win if nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.