Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

No need to edulcorate, those “darker moments” and “turbulent rock star lifestyle” you’re speaking of are about drugs and sex. Add to that suicide and the fact that he’s literally bleeding on his album cover and you get an album way too controversial to win. Now add to that his blackness and it’s over. I don’t think even being white could push him to the finish line with an album like After Hours

couldn’t have said it better myself, i love how we always agree on shit lol. our minds.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Because they definitely didn’t give AOTY to albums with songs like “Versace On The Floor” and “Xanny”, LOL!

a song that’s not as explicit as anything the weeknd has made and another that’s literally calling out the people who irresponsibly take too much drugs? (something the weeknd often glorifies?) nice try.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

TIA won Soty and Roty and beat better and more deserving songs so stop with the racist bullshit. Why would the Grammys be racist and award a song about racism and police brutality in The US. Yeah, there is still racism out there in the real world but not everything is racist and focus on importatn things and don’t be bitter because your faves lost. Tell me then how many rap artists/songs have won VOTY at The VMAs (2- Humble and Formation which also won BMV at The Grammys) or Artist Of The Year at AMAs (0) in the last 10 years. Is fan-voting also racist? Adele, Taylor and Billie were unstopable and they deserved to win. Cut the bullshit, Beyonce has 24 Grammy, Kendrick has 13. That’s more than Taylor and Adele despite Taylor and Adele being way way more popular. You all are just annoying at this point.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Not people overestimating Fiona like it happened with Vampire Weekend last year.

I’m not gonna fall for it this time. It’s clear that the Grammy’s are just becomingly increasing popularity driven. If they were about awarding vets and that kind of shit, Brandi Carlile would’ve won and Tanya Tucker would’ve won last year.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

Not people overestimating Fiona like it happened with Vampire Weekend last year. I’m not gonna fall for it this time. It’s clear that the Grammy’s are just becoming increasing popularity driven. If they were about awarding vets and that kind of shit, Brandi Carlile would’ve won and Tanya Tucker would’ve won last year.

Brandi and Tanya didn’t have a lot of hype. Fiona has been predicted from the day she released her album, nobody even knew who Brandi was before she was nominated. Also Fiona’s album went Top 5.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Also I understand people’s insistence on The Weekend not winning. But remember many were saying Childish Gambino couldn’t win. And even if they don’t want him to win they still have other alternatives that is Post Malone, Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Brandi and Tanya didn’t have a lot of hype. Fiona has been predicted from the day she released her album, nobody even knew who Brandi was before she was nominated. Also Fiona’s album went Top 5.

She’s being predicted mainly here because we tend to take MC a lot into consideration. I haven’t seen any buzz around her outside Golderby.

She will get a nomination. But a win, probably not. Just like people thought Melodrama was going to win because it was the “acclaimed safe white choice”. That didn’t happen.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

The Weeknd probably won’t win but not because he is black. His album is nothing special overall and it’s doing decent numbers, nothing extraordinary.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I honestly don’t believe Fiona has a lot going for her. Her album is generally unknown, the sound as I said before is hard to get into, she’ll be competing against albums that are more successful and more appealing to the GP, she obviously won’t campaign her ass off like Post, Dua, The Weeknd etc will. I love FTBC but it has nothing going for it besides acclaim and I don’t think that will be enough for her to pull off a win.

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

TIA won Soty and Roty and beat better and more deserving songs so stop with the racist bullshit. Why would the Grammys be racist and award a song about racism and police brutality in The US. Yeah, there is still racism out there in the real world but not everything is racist and focus on importatn things and don’t be bitter because your faves lost. Tell me then how many rap artists/songs have won VOTY at The VMAs (2- Humble and Formation which also won BMV at The Grammys) or Artist Of The Year at AMAs (0) in the last 10 years. Is fan-voting also racist? Adele, Taylor and Billie were unstopable and they deserved to win. Cut the bullshit, Beyonce has 24 Grammy, Kendrick has 13. That’s more than Taylor and Adele despite Taylor and Adele being way way more popular. You all are just annoying at this point

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

But remember many were saying Childish Gambino couldn’t win.

Not me. I put Shallow in SOTY in case after everyone else was predicting it but I did warn y’all about him.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Also Gambino had a political narrative so using him as an example to back The Weeknd won’t work.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Not people overestimating Fiona like it happened with Vampire Weekend last year.

How were Vampire Weekend overestimated? They weren’t even Top 10 in the AOTY odds for a nomination, and then were #6 on the odds once they got that nomination.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

TIA won Soty and Roty and beat better and more deserving songs so stop with the racist bullshit. Why would the Grammys be racist and award a song about racism and police brutality in The US. 

To put out the message that they aren’t racist.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Dear to whom it may concern with Goldderby,

Music Listening has been a passion for mine for a couple of years now, but I realize now how toxic my opinions have become, especially last night, so I would like to apologize to the users on this forum for my actions. I need to man up. I don’t know why you guys are upset about my font, but me not using my font is an example of that.

My intention last night was to vilify you or your opinions; my aggression was to the fact that Black nominees and submissions have been written off by the Grammys and gone over blank ears. How long will it take for a Black man or woman to not speak of their struggle and just typical subjects that of other races do: falling in and out love, sex, money, drugs, relationships, mental health… I can go on and on.

Honestly, I really don’t like The Weeknd as an AOTY winner than Fiona Apple, I mean that personally has gotten me out of a huge rut that I will indebt to her. But my point is, I feel like as a young mixed bi boy, I have to speak up for injustice within my community and the hobbies I partake in. That is personally why I seemed aggressive, not because of any comments you guys have made.

My opinions and stances on issues won’t change for anyone on this forum, let me clear that up. But again, I will try to not hostile to my fellow users on this forum, and that we can create healthy conversations without demeaning each other.

ELIAS.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.