Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Out of actual contenders for AOTY I see this:

Fiona Apple might not give a shit and decide not to submit, I totally see her doing that and in the case she submits I don’t see her doing heavy campaign the way Kasey did. But the acclaim she has is nice, she could also build a Beck narrative. I see her as a frontrunner if she submits and actually campaigns.

The Weeknd, well I mean eh, he has nice numbers but not Lemonade nor DAMN level of success. The whole doing drugs and having sex theme is definitely not going to help him. Explicit albums are a less likely to win. Lauryn Hill didn’t have explicit tracks which gave her a huge advantage that year. Also I don’t know how much the cover is gonna hurt him but the whole violence thing he has going on is for sure not gonna help him if voters take that kind of stuff into consideration. He is far from being a safe choice. He is better putting his efforts in ROTY or/and SOTY with Blinding Light. He is in the race but not a frontrunner as of now.

Post Malone, his album is old also it’s not 1989 or 25 in terms of relevancy. Circles is a huge hit tho, I don’t see him winning exactly but having a song like circles is nice for his chances. I could see some cross over appeal for him but I won’t take him seriously until I see his submissions and see his nominations.

Dua Lipa has the sound and the production to appeal to a good chunk of voters but she doesn’t have the name yet, I don’t know how to see her tho since Don’t Start Now is a big hit but the album was not all that commercially. If she can get another hit during summer and campaigns her ass off like Kasey and Billie, I see her chances improving. I saw a lot of people saying she is releasing a deluxe edition and a normani collab coming voting, I see for her having an advantage in the race if this actually happens.

Gaga, we do this every year with both her and Taylor, I have to admit I take part in this so I’m guilty of overestimating them, but unlike Taylor she is not a 2x AoTY winner. Her album is great production wise like Dua Lipa’s. I see her appealing to producers too and unlike Dua she does have the name to appeal to them on that alone. She should campaign and keep her album relevant the whole year. She should push ROM more so it could be a solid hit with actual longevity. The panel could give her a nomination in the GF but I’m not sure how likely is that since she’s been eligible for noms for three years  straight. It will come down whether she is relevant or not and if they are willing to give her a nom. If she gets the nom she could very well play the overdue card to win, not sure if it’ll work but she can try.

Rody Ricch, fresh of a Grammy win. He has a huge hit and another on the way. He’s very new, I see him kind of like Cardi B, the rap categories could be stack for him whether is Rap, Rap/Sung or album to get a win. He would win BNA in a landslide if he was eligible. I do see some GF love for him tho, in the same way they gave it to Cardi.

The Highwomen have some stuff going for them. Brandi Carlile is in the group and after 2019, the Grammy’s have been up her ass. They’re a country/Americana group which is one of the most safest genres, so they definitely could appeal to the older voters so I wouldn’t count them off. But if the Dixie Chicks release before the deadline I don’t know how it’ll work out, maybe both are in or none if that’s the case.

Dixie Chicks, everything depends, if they release before deadline I could see them here.

Tame Impala, he is a very big Alternative artist, he could be a contender although he’s no Arcade Fire, this is also his less acclaimed album. His nomination is his reward and I don’t see a world where they chose him over Fiona.

Less likely contenders

Harry Styles, I have him as a place holder, I’m not sure how likely he actually is since there are already other 3 pop albums in contention. He definitely is a bigger name than Dua Lipa given how long he’s been around. He has better chances this year than last time. I don’t know if he is actually getting even the nom but he definitely is getting in pop album. Maybe Song of Record if they are nice to him.

Brittany Howard, I’m not sure how likely she is either. She released in September, she would have to make something coming voting to be in the conversation, I’m not even sure she is getting in Alternative, she could submit rock since nothing interesting of that genre was released as of right now but don’t know if they would allow her there. IDK it all depends if they like her outside Alabama Shakes.

Bad Bunny, he has the popularity to be in the conversation. But he is no Santana, the album is full in spanish it’s definitely the less safe lyrically and not sure if enough voters would actually vote for him to even crack the top 20. He is a past nominee tho. If he cracks the top 20 would the committee actually put him in the 8 nominees? I doubt it. I would love for him to get in since it’s the best reggaeton album in years. But he has more going against him rather than for him.

AoTY is right now a very open race, I don’t see a frontrunner as of right now, I think coming July and August there will be a more clear front runner since the artists will start campaigning and making their albums relevant. Although Fiona as of now has a pretty nice advantage with the acclaim she got.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Tame Impala is relatively bigger at this very moment than Bon Iver and Vampire Weekend, I can see them clearly getting a nomination.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

@ELIAS Personally, I’ve never really cared about your font being bold. I only cared about your opinions and the way that you carry yourself on here.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

@ELIAS Personally, I’ve never really cared about your font being bold. I only cared about your opinions and the way that you carry yourself on here.

what do you mean? I just want to fix my mistakes and help

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Opinions on the Run the Jewels’ new album? I truly like the beats on here.

FYC:

what do you mean? I just want to fix my mistakes and help

Oh, OK. That’s fair. Growing as a person and admitting your mistakes is courage.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Even though I enjoy Chromatica — Future Nostalgia IS the Pop Album of 2020 and the critics agree.

“Rain on Me” taking Pop Duo/Group will suffice for Gaga.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

If it was up to me:

Pop Solo: Blinding Lights/Circles

Pop Duo: Rain on Me

Pop Vocal: Future Nostalgia

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

walking in the snow by run the jewels deserves rap song

if you support the black lives matter protest, i suggest you check out this song

FYC:

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Future Nostalgia IS the Pop Album of 2020

</p>
    let’s wait and see before we talk about it, Gaga is getting a better start than Dua, her album and single #1

Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

The other big problem about The Weeknd chances is that he never promotes anything in the classic way. No interviews, no cover magazines, no talk about the creative process of making his albuns, absolute Nothing. So we know that even if he gets a nomimation, Abel wont do any campaign for it.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Opinions on the Run the Jewels’ new album? I truly like the beats on here.

I might check it out in a couple of days. It currently sports an 89 on Metacritic, the subject matter is very relevant and captures the zeitgeist with all the George Floyd news going around, and if it does well in sales and stays in the conversation, it’ll land a Best Rap Album nomination and maybe AOTY.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

walking in the snow by run the jewels deserves rap song if you support the black lives matter protest, i suggest you check out this song

I just checked the song out. It’s absolute fire and I hope it lands a nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.