Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Post Malone is the McDonalds of music. He repeats the same proven formula and makes songs that are catchy and broadly appealing. Post is so vanilla that no matter how comercially successful he is, he will never be a grammy favorite. Post is really not comparable to the Weeknd. The Weeknd basically created new genre of music when he released House of Balloons. The Weeknd is a spectacular vocalist. Gaga is also a great vocalist but her new album doesn’t really showcase her vocal talents.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I think Circles is taking Pop Solo. Dua takes Pop Album and Gaga gets Pop Duo if anything.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Gaga is also a great vocalist but her new album doesn’t really showcase her vocal talents.

I don’t think you’ve fully listened to her new album. Because I think this is her most vocally challenging album. I’m actually wondering how she’s going to sing those songs live…

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Tbh “Bionic” by Christina Aguilera will win pop vocal album. There’s a #Justice forBionic Campaign next week. Join the movement y’all!

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

My take on each AOTY contender:

1. The Weeknd: After Hours.
    Beautiful album, a moody work full of deep cuts that improve with repeated listens. Gorgeous vocals, gorgeous production. Refines and advances the sound that he has established over the last decade. Strikes a balance between commercial appeal and critical appeal.
    Probability of winning: 50%

2. Fiona Apple: Fetch the Boltcutters.
    Also a very beautiful album with masterful composition, instrumental performance, songwriting and lyricism. In its own genre. Not at all commercial or appealing to mass audiences, too experimental for many voters.
    Probability of winning: 15%

3. Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia. Decent songwriting, catchy and broadly appealing. A little bit bland and lightweight.
    probability of winning: 4%

4. Lady Gaga: Chromatica. Not a stronger or more important album than Born This Way or her past work, many voters will feel that she has peaked. Too bubblegum for most voters.
    probability of winning: 2%

5. Post Malone: Hollywood’s Bleeding. Hardly any voters would pick this album over After Hours.
    probability of winning: 2%

6. Roddy Ricch: Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial. Could win by riding on the strength of The Box.
    probability of winning: 1%

7. Doja Cat: Hot Pink. Full of bops. A little bit too silly and millennial/gen-z sounding for older voters.
    probability of winning: 1%

8. Kendrick Lamar/Drake/Adele/Rihanna/Bob Dylan/other ureleased albums: there are still 3 months of unreleased music than could surprise us!
    probability of winning: 20%

9. All other already released albums albums: Always a chance of an upset
    probability of winning: 5%

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Because I think this is her most vocally challenging album. I’m actually wondering how she’s going to sing those songs live…

You cannot be serious…

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Post Malone is the McDonalds of music. He repeats the same proven formula and makes songs that are catchy and broadly appealing. Post is so vanilla that no matter how comercially successful he is, he will never be a grammy favorite. Post is really not comparable to the Weeknd. The Weeknd basically created new genre of music when he released House of Balloons. The Weeknd is a spectacular vocalist. Gaga is also a great vocalist but her new album doesn’t really showcase her vocal talents.

Um, everything about this is wrong.

1. Post being “the McDonalds of music” is a personal appreciation. The album is not only a commercial success but was also well received by critics.
    2. The Weeknd is nominated for his last album, not House of Balloons. And even then, all of his albums sans Beauty Behind The Madness weren’t big players.
    3. Chromatica is Gaga’s most vocally challenging album.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I think I’ll keep Halsey anf BTS are the remaining one/two spots. Halsey has one of the best selling albums of the year and BTS has that too. They are also high up the list. Gomez ain’t happening, Camila Cabello could be since she’s up there in the list.

BTS is NEVER getting a Pop Grammy nomination. Camila Cabello (a 3x Grammy nominee) & Selena Gomez (I mean, at least her one single was actually a hit) have 100000000000x a better chance at a nomination than BTS.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

1. The Weeknd: After Hours.
    Probability of winning: 50%

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

1. The Weeknd: After Hours. Beautiful album, a moody work full of deep cuts that improve with repeated listens. Gorgeous vocals, gorgeous production. Refines and advances the sound that he has established over the last decade. Strikes a balance between commercial appeal and critical appeal. Probability of winning: 50%

an album with explicit content from a black man doesn’t have 50% to win, you’re kidding yourself

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

There is tons of music that the Grammys slept on, that several years later is regarded as classic. House of Balloons was never Grammy Nominated, but it is still The Weeknd’s most important and most famous work. Mixtapes aren’t even eligible for Grammy’s, and it didn’t get a physical and streaming release until it was released with Trilogy, at which point it was already several years old. It’s completely obvious that his more pop-radio friendly major label albums (Kiss Land excluded) got the grammy nominations that his early music never got, that doesn’t mean that his later albums are better or more important.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I think Circles is taking Pop Solo. Dua takes Pop Album and Gaga gets Pop Duo if anything.

Dua Lipa isn’t winning anything. She’s lucky this hasn’t been a crowded year in music so far, otherwise she’d run the risk of being Lana’d or Lorde’d in the pop field.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Thinking Harry Styles has a chance of winning Pop Album is just as delusional as thinking Dua Lipa has a chance.

Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

Chromatica is on pair with ASIB on being Gaga’s most/best challenging vocal album ever

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.