Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Pop Solo is either Blinding Lights or Circles. Tight race there, I think. Hollywood’s Bleeding for Pop Vocal Album and Rain On Me for Pop Duo unless something else comes.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Opinions on the Run the Jewels’ new album? I truly like the beats on here.

I FUCKING LOVED IT. Banger after banger, manifesto after manifesto. My favorite is Yankee and the Brave but the songs are just fire. Ju$t, Walking on the Snow, A Few Words for Firing Squad, Out of Sight, Pulling the Pin are my other favs.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

The current ones to beat, imo

Pop Solo: “Blinding Lights,” followed by “Circles”
    Pop Duo/Group: “Rain On Me,” followed distantly by “Memories”
    Pop Album: Chromatica, followed by Hollywood’s Bleeding

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance is going to Weeknd not Dua. Blinding Lights is more popular and Grammy bait song. Dua got more chance for Pop Vocal Album. Gaga can get the Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Alright. I listened to this album. I saw your suggestion quite a bit and thought to give it a listen. Boy am I impressed. They do deserve a nod. But do you think they’ll be Bandana-d?

I hope not. Unfortunately Freddie Gibbs and Madlib never nominated for a Grammy but Killer Mike is a one time Grammy winner for The Whole World and they nominated as a duo once. During these protests, i can see the album become more relevant.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, for the millionth time, BTS and Harry Styles are NOT happening.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

new Run the Jewels album is an instant contender for an AOTY nomination.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Dua Lipa isn’t winning anything. She’s lucky this hasn’t been a crowded year in music so far, otherwise she’d run the risk of being Lana’d or Lorde’d in the pop field.

Unlike Lorde and LDR, Dua Lipa has “Don’t Start Now”, one of the biggest records of the year. She might not win anything but claiming she’s lucky because it hasn’t been a crowded year is bull.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I am most of the way through RTJ4. Run the Jewels was never really the type of rap that I enjoyed, I prefer more melodic rap or rap with weird flow and trippy beats. RTJ4 is dope though, good beats and bars, keeps the energy high through the full record. It is politically urgent and is coming out at the right time.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Honey, for the millionth time, BTS and Harry Styles are NOT happening.

Honey, for the millionth time, Harry Styles is definitely happening. His album is too hard to ignore. It’s serving some longevity. It had higher SPS last week than FN for example despite being months older.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Dua isn’t winning anything but her best shot is BPSP.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Harry Styles will at best be filler nominations in pop categories. If Sign of the Times wasn’t good enough for the Grammys, certainly nothing off Fine Line is good enough.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Harry Style is like late 00’s Lady Gaga: the music is much more commercial and poppy than the edgy fashion and visual aesthetics suggest. I do love Sign of the Times though

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

My early predictions for the summer:

1. Dua Lipa will get a 2nd radio hit, Break My Heart possibly peaking in the top 10. Her label is pushing her really hard.

2. Harry Styles will get a 2nd medium hit, Watermelon Sugar.

3. Rain On Me should be able to do well once radio AI catches up and may possibly repeak with a VMA performance. There’s also a scenario where radios just don’t play it and kill its longevity.

I think the summer will be critical in determining who are the main Grammy contenders.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

new Run the Jewels album is an instant contender for an AOTY nomination.

It does have a 90 MC but they always receive acclaim and have only mustered up one Grammy nomination so I kinda doubt it.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Unlike Lorde and LDR, Dua Lipa has “Don’t Start Now”, one of the biggest records of the year. She might not win anything but claiming she’s lucky because it hasn’t been a crowded year is bull.

So did Halsey. Your point?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.