Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Also, I do think it’s pretty unfair to discredit the lyrics on This is America because it needs a music video to help it’s vision. Typically, the music video should compliment the song and make it’s presentation a bit better.

Also, I do think the minimization of the song was there as well. I can agree he said so much with so little with a song that probably is going to be played for generations to come.

The importance of This is America, where you think the song is not great, can’t be denied.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Dua Lipa released a total of 20 singles. She is NOT establishing herself anymore. The US said no already and so will the Grammys.

like i said. she released 2 from FN so far. you’re clearly so biased against her you just want to say she won’t be more established. she only had a handful more from before that

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Everyone is forgetting that Drake said that Dark Lane Demo Tapes is just a bunch of random tracks he wanted to put out, and the real album is coming this summer. Obviously DLDT isn’t winning anything, but If he does release something strong, AOTY would turn into battle of the OVO and he might split votes with The Weeknd. I think he will release, he probably won’t get another weak year like this for a while.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

like i said. she released 2 from FN so far. you’re clearly so biased against her you just want to say she won’t be more established. she only had a handful more from before that.

She had like three giant radio singles on her debut, plus features on big singles by Marc Ronson, Diplo  and Martin Garrix. Saying that Future Nostalgia is flopping due to lack of exposure is ridiculous. She has had more exposure than literally anyone in the last few years other than Billie Eilish.

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Eh… J Coles only win was a feature on 21 Savages song. Middle Child didn’t even win a Grammy in the weakest rap year ever. Not really sure why there’s no support for him.

He lost to a Nipsey Hussle song, though. Sentimental over popular/overdue?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

False.

Well when I wrote that I thought of Jessie Reyez and Kehlani who aren’t exactly black. But you still didn’t answer the question. Define it as a music genre and whatever race bias is involved in it, I’m not entertaining that right now.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

random but i still find tyler the creator’s rant about the grammys funny because even though he made some points, it was him and his label’s choice to submit the album to rap.

I was surprised how he didn’t even say R&B or UC and went all the way to Pop. Imo, IGOR is blurry line between rap and R&B, which is what I tell myself that UC is.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

He lost to a Nipsey Hussle song, though. Sentimental over popular/overdue?

Drag me to hell, but Nipsey pulled a Ray Charles with his wins this year. They were pure sentiment imo. Almost every other contender was more deserving.

Profile picture
    julian1212
    Topics:

do you guys think there will be an artist that will be surprisingly or not so surprisingly snubbed this year although he/she had quite a good era? if so who

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Although Mac Miller’s Circles is not a fully rap album just like IGOR, i can see it on the Rap Album category.

I don’t see Jay Electronica as a winner for Rap Album and a nominee in GF.

RTJ4 can get a Rap Album and AOTY nomination if it saves it’s culturally relevancy in these days.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

do you guys think there will be an artist that will be surprisingly or not so surprisingly snubbed this year although he/she had quite a good era? if so who

That’s a good question. I would say Doja Cat’s Pop Solo or Pop Duo/Group nod is hanging on a thin line. The Weeknd also might not be what we’re making him out to be.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Fiona Apple, as much as I would love to see her get nominated, is also a big IF.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Drag me to hell, but Nipsey pulled a Ray Charles with his wins this year. They were pure sentiment imo. Almost every other contender was more deserving.

No, Higher and Racks in the Middle are solid deserving songs. Who deserves instead of these, Young Thug’s London or Lil Nas’ Panini? No, only Down Bad from Dreamville deserves more than Racks in the Middle. Middle Child is average and Suge is okay at first but DaBaby making the same song over and over again.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

No, Higher and Racks in the Middle are solid deserving songs. Who deserves instead of these, Young Thug’s London or Lil Nas’ Panini? No, only Down Bad from Dreamville deserves more than Racks in the Middle. Middle Child is average and Suge is okay at first but DaBaby making the same song over and over again.

I wanted “Down Bad” to win so bad. That track is epic. And I wanted “Ballin'” or “Drip Too Hard” to win Rap/Sung.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Harry Styles

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.