Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Everyone is forgetting that Drake said that Dark Lane Demo Tapes is just a bunch of random tracks he wanted to put out, and the real album is coming this summer. Obviously DLDT isn’t winning anything, but If he does release something strong, AOTY would turn into battle of the OVO and he might split votes with The Weeknd. I think he will release, he probably won’t get another weak year like this for a while.

Yeah, Drake or Kendrick can split votes with Weeknd if they release an album. Toosie Slide is not a serious song so probably it’s got only a nomination at best.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

I wanted “Down Bad” to win so bad. That track is epic. And I wanted “Ballin’” or “Drip Too Hard” to win Rap/Sung.

Higher is still a better song than both but Ballin would be a good choice.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, Nipsey Hussle did NOT deserve to win Best Rap Performance over J. Cole.  I don’t get the lovefest for him.  His songs are rather blah. They didn’t even give Aaliyah a fucking win.  #OverIt

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Honey, Nipsey Hussle did NOT deserve to win Best Rap Performance over J. Cole. I don’t get the lovefest for him. His songs are rather blah. They didn’t even give Aaliyah a fucking win. #OverIt

Middle Child was mid, Down Bad is the only song better than Racks in the Middle and i still bump Victory Lap.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Everyone is forgetting that Drake said that Dark Lane Demo Tapes is just a bunch of random tracks he wanted to put out, and the real album is coming this summer. Obviously DLDT isn’t winning anything, but If he does release something strong, AOTY would turn into battle of the OVO and he might split votes with The Weeknd. I think he will release, he probably won’t get another weak year like this for a while.

How are they splitting votes? They wont even be competing in the same genre categories.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

This is America deserved it’s Song of the Year win because look at the times… the message is still prevalent.

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

I see nothing wrong with This is America’s wins, nothing.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

“This Is America” won because of its impact. Just like “Single Ladies”.

Neither one of those songs have strong lyrics.

But the Record of the Year win is well deserved.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“This Is America” deserved its Music Video win. Nothing else. Record and Song of the Year should have gone to “Shallow.” Rap/Sung Performance should have gone to “All the Stars.”

It shouldn’t have even been nominated for SOTY; the lyrics are a joke. All he does is say “This is America” 100x in a row. It’s such a pathetic excuse of a protest song; without the video no one would give a shit.

It’s telling that the rap committee said nope to it in Rap Song.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

She had like three giant radio singles on her debut, plus features on big singles by Marc Ronson, Diplo and Martin Garrix. Saying that Future Nostalgia is flopping due to lack of exposure is ridiculous. She has had more exposure than literally anyone in the last few years other than Billie Eilish.

i never said anything like that lmao. my original post was that she’s going to be releasing quite a lot more singles from the album in the next 2 years so the album may remain relevant through to voting

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I don’t think Demi has the gravitas to get a GF nomination off the strength of her Grammy performance alone. The difference between her and H.E.R. is that the latter is seen as a prodigy, a modern-day Prince or Lauryn Hill. She writes all of her own music. She sings. She plays a bunch of instruments. She raps. She does spoken word. Demi is a pop tart with an above average voice.

I don’t know who is managing Demi Lovato

Aren’t you an Ariana fan? You should know.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Demi has a narrative. Sometimes that’s all you need to pull votes. Ask…

“I Love Me” & “I’m Ready” should’ve been bigger hits. Maybe Scooter needs to invest more time in her career than fighting with Taylor Swift.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  “Shallow” did NOT deserve to win Record of the Year and Song of the Year.  It’s a very generic song with subpar lyrics.  The other nominees were better.  Voters finally got it right with “This Is America.”

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.