Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Fiona Apple’s album was engineered by none other than 9 time nominee and 3 time* AOTY winner  Bob Ludwig. he also won Best Surround Sound Album 3 times in 5 nominations and engineered album (classical or non-classical) 4 times in 12 nominations. case closed. the other engineers have also been nominated for technical categories and AOTY before. case closed.

*plus 2 times at the Latin Grammys

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Songwriter Nija Charle reacts to going #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Rain On Me https://twitter.com/amnija_/status/1267563370707685379?s=21 “thanks @LadyGaga & @ArianaGrande for not pidgeonholding her as an “urban writer”

Rain On Me ain’t getting nowhere. Don’t expect nothing more than a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nomination. Are you implying that Rain On Me is going to receive a SOTY nomination solely because it has a single African American co-writer?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Rain On Me ain’t getting nowhere. Don’t expect nothing more than a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nomination. Are you implying that Rain On Me is going to receive a SOTY nomination solely because it has a single African American co-writer?

The song barely started charting. Maybe wait a little before you say it won’t get more than Pop Duo/GP?

Many here had said that this era was going to be a disaster.

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

just watch. chromatica is the new 24k magic

That album had a bevy of hit songs. While Bruno is the type of artist that many are cool with. Not many people love him and his music, but he’s just ethnic enough, suburban enough, urban enough and pop enough to be overall liked by a wide demo. Outside of Gaga’s core following, that isn’t an album people are going crazy for, and she doesn’t have that wide demo appeal. I don’t see how him or his album is similar to Gaga and Chromatica. We don’t even know how Gaga’s album will sustain and how Rain On Me will sustain.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Perfume Genius- Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
    Hiam- Women in Music Part lll
    Ka- Descendants of Cain
    Waxahatchee- Saint Cloud
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

just watch. chromatica is the new 24k magic

24k magic had hits, longevity and a massive campaign that included a new single released during the final voting process

chromatica will be forgotten by September

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

no, but it would be nice to see a black composer gaining something in pop

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

chromatica will be forgotten by September

….hmmm

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

That album had a bevy of hit songs. While Bruno is the type of artist that many are cool with. Not many people love him and his music, but he’s just ethnic enough, suburban enough, urban enough and pop enough to be overall liked by a wide demo. I don’t see how him or his album is similar to Gaga and Chromatica. We don’t even know how that album will sustain and how Rain On Me will sustain.

predictions do not always materialize. let’s just wait and see

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I don’t know if you’re a young fan who’s overly excited about Gaga, or a troll who just wants to overhype Gaga so that others see an opportunity to drag her.

But let’s calm down a little and wait to see how the album does in the next few weeks before comparing it to 24K Magic. ROM is doing great but its airplay is weak. It needs to change because we know radios are literally the main driving force behind long term hits.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

I don’t know if you’re a young fan who’s overly excited about Gaga, or a troll who just wants to overhype Gaga so that others see an opportunity to drag her. But let’s calm down a little and wait to see how the album does in the next few weeks before comparing it to 24K Magic. ROM is doing great but its airplay is weak. It needs to change because we know radios are literally the main driving force behind long term hits.

no one is talking about hits here. let’s calm down.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

no one is talking about hits here. let’s calm down.

so what are you talking about?

Profile picture
    Brady
    Topics:

chromatica as a whole has general acclaim (same metascore as of right now as after hours) and two top 5 hits (with rain on me as #1)…additionally, in considering rain on me in SOTY and ROTY, consider the praise it’s getting for its positivity in a time of darkness in the world (which has also been said by numerous media outlets about the album as a whole). the grammys do award music that is current and, kind of like best picture at the oscars, which have a habit of awarding the most RELEVANT movie over the best movie (and sometimes they intersect), like to reward the most important music over the best music— like ‘this is america.’ just my view on it lol

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

so what are you talking about?

campaign.

just like Chromatica, 24 KM was a safe and fun album in difficult times

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

And Harry Styles?

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

24K Magic ≠ Chromatica.

Let’s wait and see if Gaga maintains longevity.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.