Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 586 through 593 (of 593 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Babygirl
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Maybe it’s just not my tea, but after hours is so full of filler to me. I dont see how the academy would vote for this album to win. Enjoyed the second half more. But the album as a whole is just ok.

100% Agree. I fear it’s going to be one of the worst AOTY winners in recent history. Golden Hour and WWAFWDWG are very superior.

Even 24K Magic was better. To me the only standout songs were Blinding Lights and In Your Eyes.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

100% Agree. I fear it’s going to be one of the worst AOTY winners in recent history. Golden Hour and WWAFWDWG are very superior.

Even 24K Magic was better. To me the only standout songs were Blinding Lights and In Your Eyes.

Those albums you mentioned are great listens from beginning to end. Absolutely No skips. Even Billie.
    But my stand outs from After Hours are: Save Your Tears, In Your Eyes, Blinding Lights. I’ll give it another listen tho. I feel like this about his previous work. I only like certain tracks. Save Your Tears is probably one of the best tracks I’ve heard in a while.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

You guys forget that Dua Lipa is a huge force worldwide. She spent 4 weeks at #1 in UK and has not left Top 5 since release. She also reached #1 in Australia and many other European countries. And Dont Start Now is also huge in Europe and Oceania. Her album wasn’t very successful in The US but she has critical acclaim and a huge acclaimed smash song. Break My Heart is also a medium-sized hit and Physical was a huge hit in UK and Europe. Shes a lock.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Maybe it’s just not my tea, but after hours is so full of filler to me. I dont see how the academy would vote for this album to win. Enjoyed the second half more. But the album as a whole is just ok.

I know, right?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

This chief of diversity they employed might just have something to do with the nominations. But I don’t get if the diversity is from a genre angle or race angle, either way, my gut tells me she’ll block some AOTY contenders and greenlight a few surprises for diversity.

Profile picture
    Topics:

BPVA is Gaga’s.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

BPVA is affected by more than just first week sales. reputation did 1.2 million and Lover 867k and both still lost. Impact (especially during voting) matters more than sales. If Dua has a smash during voting and is on everyone’s minds then she’s more likely than Gaga for me despite Gaga having better first week sales. We saw that when Ariana won in 2019.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I don’t see Post beating gaga in BPVA, so if there is not a big, relevant release coming its pretty much hers to win

Viewing 8 posts - 586 through 593 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.