Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 606 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
Jenny Lewis Fan
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Y’all are predicting Gaga to win AOTY yet she lost every award y’all said she was going to win. I’m sorry

2010: Winning AOTY against Arcade Fire.
    2017: Million Reasons winning Pop Duo.

2018: Shallow winning ROTY and SOTY

2019: ASIB Sountrack not even being nominated in AOTY.

Wait before we predict Gaga in any GF category, yet alone a win.

Every. Single. Time.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Commercial success or other factors aside, what do you guys think, from your artistic point of view, deserves to fill up the eight AOTY slots come 2021?

4 Commercial Juggernauts(regardless of critical success): The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, Lil Uzi Vert, Post Malone, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, Bad Bunny, Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion

2-3 Critical/Indie Picks: Fiona Apple, Dua Lipa, FKA twigs, The Killers, Rina Sawayama, Perfume Genius

1-2 “Grammy Picks”: Brittany Howard, The Highwomen, Tame Impala, Beck, Sturgill Simpson

I know I forgot a couple of people, we shall see.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

Tame Impala seems to be a big name. Idk who that is but I always notice that name headlining a lot of festivals globally.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

4 Commercial Juggernauts(regardless of critical success): The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, Post Malone, Lady Gaga

2-3 Critical/Indie Picks: Fiona Apple, FKA twigs

1-2 “Grammy Picks”: Tame Impala

+ Dixie Chicks

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Commercial success or other factors aside, what do you guys think, from your artistic point of view, deserves to fill up the eight AOTY slots come 2021?

I know it said from success or critical factors, Other factors include:

1.More diversity, and not just black people. Bad Bunny, Rina SAWAYAMA, and Joji could all get nominated this year in GF categories. I expect the Grammys to have half it’s GF categories to be POC.

2. I think someone who has a rock edge, since we haven’t had anyone remotely rockish the past few years (Vampire Weekend is sooo ehh), like The Killers or Fiona Apple.

3. Longevity: I aspect them to campaign as much as they can, make music videos, deluxes, and Tv appearances.

4. The less explicit your album/song, the more you are going to win an award.

5. Top year end lists. NFR and Old Town Road topped the Year End List, so we shall see how well they do.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

And about the Gaga post, I’m sure no one who actually follows the Grammys predicted Million Reasons to win over Shape of You. A Star Is Born + Shallow had a strong narrative. Predicting them made sense. I wasn’t here for The Fame Monster to agree or disagree.
    You need to understand that these are predictions/possibilities and getting triggered at every single Gaga prediction makes you look pressed, especially when there is a strong narrative.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Tame Impala seems to be a big name. Idk who that is but I always notice that name headlining a lot of festivals globally.

Tame Impala is the most popular indie artist out there, which contradicts the whole concept of being “indie”. Tame Impala is always know for The Less I Know The Better years later, but they really should look into his back catalogue, especially Innerspeaker 

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

And about the Gaga post, I’m sure no one who actually follows the Grammys predicted Million Reasons to win over Shape of You. A Star Is Born + Shallow had a strong narrative. Predicting them made sense. I wasn’t here for The Fame Monster to agree or disagree. You need to understand that these are predictions/possibilities and getting triggered at every single Gaga prediction makes you look pressed, especially when there is a strong narrative.

Who cares if I’m pressed or not lol. I mean everyone was having Gaga or Kesha as the upset of Shape of You, Since those 2 were the more superior songs. I think I’m more pressed that you guys think Gaga has a huge chance against critical darling Fiona Apple or juggernauts The Weeknd or Roddy Ricch, when she’s lost almost every big award she needed to, especially when I wanted her too. Y’all are going to be upset come Grammy night.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Also I am here for Gaga winning Pop Duo/Group and Music Video, but yeah I’m just “a hater”.

You realize many ideas of The Fame and ARTPOP help contribute to PC Music and SOPHIE, something I’m a big ass fan of? Yeahhh

FYC:

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Who cares if I’m pressed or not lol. I mean everyone was having Gaga or Kesha as the upset of Shape of You, Since those 2 were the more superior songs. I think I’m more pressed that you guys think Gaga has a huge chance against critical darling Fiona Apple or juggernauts The Weeknd or Roddy Ricch, when she’s lost almost every big award she needed to, especially when I wanted her too. Y’all are going to be upset come Grammy night.

1. That post wasn’t particulary meant for you, besides the corrections.
    2. Again, no one who follows the Grammys predicted an upset against Shape of You.
    3. The Weeknd is NOT a juggernaut. His album isn’t moving a crazy amount of units and only has one real hit. If we had to choose a juggernaut right now, it would be Post Malone.
    4. I won’t be upset. I’m not predicting Gaga to win in the GF.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

their last two strong campaigns have achieved their goals. Grammy: Billie Oscar: Lady Gaga as a fan of Gaga I hope they can succeed this time too

the Oscar is the movie studio warner Bros, not interacope

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

2. Again, no one who follows the Grammys predicted an upset against Shape of You.

I can recall the backlash of Ed Sheeran winning pop awards, let me mind you how upset that he didn’t go to the Grammys to receive his awards. As well many felt a women, not just Gaga, but all Ke$ha should have won that award since that was time of the whole “step up” comments and me-too movement.

Im not saying Ed Sheeran wasn’t going to win, but many people wanted an upset, including me. Sort of how Lizzo, Lil Nas, Ariana, Vampire Weeknd and Lana Del Rey were predicted as an upset for many GF categories against Billie Eilish. I’m pretty a handful of people wanted to see a sweep, rather many wanted in 2019 to spread the wealth.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

3. The Weeknd is NOT a juggernaut. His album isn’t moving a crazy amount of units and only has one real hit. If we had to choose a juggernaut right now, it would be Post Malone.

The Weeknd is totally one. 2 number ones, one of which seems to have a huge longevity,  most pre-saves on Apple Music, as well the longest Billboard 200 run of an album this whole year with a month of airplay.

I can agree that Post Malone has the better longevity, with a 5 week Billboard 200 Top charter, as well as Circles being the most longevitive song of the year, but I don’t think the Grammys would choose him against The Weeknd, let’s face it.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Critical: Fiona Apple

Commercial: The Weeknd

FYC:

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

the Oscar is the movie studio warner Bros, not interacope

shallow is Interscope…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.