Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 619 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
janet.
  • Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

In what way is Hollywood’s Bleeding “old news”? It’s still Top 10 on Billboard after almost 40 weeks. After Hours is only 2 positions above it despite being a lot newer.

Using Post’s previous Grammy history is stupid. I’ve said this before but Beerbongs was A LOT more explicit than what Hollywood is, not to mention Hollywood got much, much better reviews.

Not sure why people are acting as though The Weeknd is some sort of unbeatable heavyweight. He has never won a Grammy outside of the R&B field.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

My current five-lineup ROTY nods:

“Circles” (Post Malone), “The Box” (Roddy Ricch), “Sometimes” (H.E.R.), “Don’t Start Now” (Dua Lipa) and “Blinding Lights” (The Weeknd)

Profile picture
    julian1212
    Topics:

why do so many people think harry styles won‘t get nominations?

because his music isn‘t good enough/grammy worthy

or

because of his boyband past and voters just don‘t accept him?

Profile picture
    Akachukwu
    Topics:

I cannot believe someone think post malone has a chance against the weeknd in the GF. Nobody is voting for post, the grammy don’t take seriously and they never will, take it from someone who loves post. Aoty, really!!!! I don’t think you even believe that. The weeknd is 1000 times ahead of posty in the GF and slightly ahead of him in pop solo. In Aoty post malone is in Maybe 4th or 5th position. We know you adore post malone and hate the weeknd but Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, the boyband bias is real.  That is why Harry Styles will NOT get any nominations.

Profile picture
    Jake
    Topics:

^^What about Justin Timberlake?

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I’m not understanding the Katy Perry comparisons because, for one, Hollywood’s Bleeding has a better critical reception than any of Katy’s albums. She was never seen as a great artist of any sorts. There was no urgency to give her a Grammy when there was always better quality against her. Also, the competition was much more tough with her whereas Post Malone IS the tough competition.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, Post Malone is NOT tough competition.  There is no urgency to give him a Grammy.  Post Malone has never been seen as a great artist of any sorts.  Every category that he may get nominated in, there is a better option.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

To whoever asked about Hayley submitting, either alternative or rock should do, to me is sort of a fine line between those two. If Stevie Nicks competed in rock, Hayley can too (Stevie was never nominated for rock album but the category was introduced till 95). They definitely would accept her tho, she has already a Grammy for rock song.

Contrary to alternative, rock doesn’t have a winner yet and no interesting releases besides Green Day’s forgotten album, Ozzy Osbourne who should compete in Metal album, Pearl Jam and the big if of The Killers whose album is delayed and definitely not being released any time soon given the situation in the US, The Strokes also released but they’ve never been nominated, this might be the first year they could be.

This year is up to the committee and who they decide to nominate.

Alternative has already either Fiona Apple’s or Tame Impala’s name in the envelope.

Hayley can submit to either but has a better shot in rock than in alternative, winning wise, I don’t think they are gonna name check Green Day this year for a win. Pearl Jam have never won tho, so they could win. For now if they accept Hayley it could be her vs Pearl Jam. But if The Killers release they could win, since I’m pretty sure they’ll win rock performance with Caution. Hayley coul give both bands a run for their money.

The album falls in alternative rock so yeah, long story short she could submit to either rock or alternative.

I think if Brittany Howard submits her album to rock instead of alternative, she’s competitive for the win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Karen
    Topics:

Both Katy and Post Malone are looked at as “mcdonald’s of music”  and that would be true even if Katy squeezed out a 78 from one of her albums

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Record of the Year – alternative song, Blinding Lights, The Box, Circles, country song, Savage, Say So, whatever Fiona Apple submits, Harry Styles as a spoiler

Drake and Adele if they put their singles out in time

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

My current five-lineup ROTY nods: “Circles” (Post Malone), “The Box” (Roddy Ricch), “Sometimes” (H.E.R.), “Don’t Start Now” (Dua Lipa) and “Blinding Lights” (The Weeknd)

Yeah H.E.R is not happening.

Profile picture
    Akachukwu
    Topics:

The truth is i don’t think The weeknd is winning Aoty even if i want him to win but saying post malone of all people is ahead of him is laughable.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Both Katy and Post Malone are looked at as “mcdonald’s of music” and that would be true even if Katy squeezed out a 78 from one of her albums

You need to stop with this narrative no one is following. If you want to argue, use facts. Post has a huge album with positive reviews, that’s a fact.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 619 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.