Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 614 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Babygirl
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

To whoever asked about Hayley submitting, either alternative or rock should do, to me is sort of a fine line between those two. If Stevie Nicks competed in rock, Hayley can too (Stevie was never nominated for rock album but the category was introduced till 95). They definitely would accept her tho, she has already a Grammy for rock song.

Contrary to alternative, rock doesn’t have a winner yet and no interesting releases besides Green Day’s forgotten album, Ozzy Osbourne who should compete in Metal album, Pearl Jam and the big if of The Killers whose album is delayed and definitely not being released any time soon given the situation in the US, The Strokes also released but they’ve never been nominated, this might be the first year they could be.

This year is up to the committee and who they decide to nominate.

Alternative has already either Fiona Apple’s or Tame Impala’s name in the envelope.

Hayley can submit to either but has a better shot in rock than in alternative, winning wise, I don’t think they are gonna name check Green Day this year for a win. Pearl Jam have never won tho, so they could win. For now if they accept Hayley it could be her vs Pearl Jam. But if The Killers release they could win, since I’m pretty sure they’ll win rock performance with Caution. Hayley coul give both bands a run for their money.

The album falls in alternative rock so yeah, long story short she could submit to either rock or alternative.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

fiona’s explicitness isn’t as noticeable as the weeknd’s at all. saying fuck / shit a couple times is nothing compared to revolving an era around blood / violence, sex and a shit ton of drug references…

i think i’ve said this before but i don’t even think a white man would win with a type of album like after hours to be honest.

2x Academy Award loser GODma Stone
    Future EGOTer BilLORD Eilish

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

hink i’ve said this before but i don’t even think a white man would win with a type of album like after hours to be honest.

literally Post Malone lmaoo…

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I don’t think it fair to talk about explicitness in that context because many of the AOTY winners of the past have discussed these topics. Xanny, while being anti-substance abuse, still talks about drugs, as well as many tracks of the Billie record that she literally says “I wanna end me”. 24k Magic literally has so many sexual references that I mean just look at Versace on the Floor and That’s What I Like.

I’m not saying that there are not difference in being explicit or not, but the way many are comparing it seems really one-sided, especially dealing with many of topics on Fiona’s record: sexual assault, microaggressions of women, suicide, childhood bullying in such an upsetting and passionate way. I’m not sure if that’s explicit, but the mood of the album is definitely more pessimistic and let me say again angry.

Either way, unless they are awarding Gaga or Dua Lipa, they are awarding an explicit album, whether it is Post, Fiona, or The Weeknd.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The Weeknd could easily lose everything in the General Field and only win in R&B.

agreed. i don’t get the complete confidence over bl in soty / roty, it’s a close race between it and circles but for now i’m predicting circles. max martin’s songs always fall short in the gf anyway, circles is more baity when it comes to soty and will probably have more crossover appeal.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

It wont even be nominated in SOTY. How can you say After Hours winning AOTY is outrageous but then imply that ROM is going to win SOTY? And she isn’t getting Pop Solo nom.

if music achieves stability, it’s possible. 🤷‍♀️

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

In Your Eyes and Blinding Lights are the standouts, but After Hours has a ton of great tracks that people are completely ignoring. The beginning block of Alone Again-Too Late-Hardest To Love-Scared To Live is like a 15 minute symphony with perfect transitions between each song. Faith, After Hours, and Save Your Tears, are great too. Meanwhile Dua’s album doesn’t even have 8 good songs, Gaga’s quality is super inconsistant (only about half of the songs on that album are good), and Fiona’s album is about as fun to listen to as nails on a chalkboard (at least for me).

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The funny thing is I remember this forum all universally praising After Hours when it first came out but now the Dua, Fiona, and Gaga stans want to rewrite history and say it sucks.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

Gaga’s quality is super inconsistant

sorry but Chromatica is Gaga’s most consistent album.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

literally Post Malone lmaoo…

i didn’t know that hollywood’s bleeding era revolved around blood and violence + had a jarring album cover with majority of the songs being depressing songs bluntly discussing types of drugs and sex.

Profile picture
    tomblights
    Topics:

The funny thing is I remember this forum all universally praising After Hours when it first came out but now the Dua, Fiona, and Gaga stans want to rewrite history and say it sucks.

Abel’s album is really good but he is not the best thing of the year.

Fiona and Dua have much more acclaimed albums.

Post Malone and Gaga are on the same level of acclaim as AH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 614 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.