Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 614 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Babygirl
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The funny thing is I remember this forum all universally praising After Hours when it first came out but now the Dua, Fiona, and Gaga stans want to rewrite history and say it sucks.

I personally never praised AH. I said In Your Eyes was a bop which is true. Other than a couple of tracks, the rest is forgettable.

But a lot of us did say Abel is doing very well this year which is again, a fact, and may suffice for an AOTY win.

But I really can’t remember people here calling AH a masterpiece or anything.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

with the amount of hyping after hours gets here, you’d think it’s the best selling contender of the bunch pulling STELLAR numbers and massive acclaim yet it’s not even as successful as damn or lemonade were (albums that were narrative driven and FAR more acclaimed) and the acclaim it got is literally similar to hollywood’s bleeding and chromatica…

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

My problem with Circles is that pop songs that win in the GF usually need some kind of strong support from pop voters themselves. I just don’t see Post Malone becoming God’s gift to Pop music all of the sudden when they have shown multiple times that they don’t care that much for him outside of two nods (one which was clear filler). There’s Bad Guy, which lost Pop Solo, but it probably got a push from the producer’s branch + Rock voters since there were no rock songs in the mix. I don’t see a song like Cirlces garnering that type of widespread acclaim from music makers of all people.

there’s some points to that but still don’t know if i’d say the only way bl will lose is if it somehow isnt nominated, as i said it’s a close race to me. aside from success, i’m mainly siding with circles because i think it will have more crossover appeal.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

After Hours is such a great cinematic sounding album. Listening to his album in surround sound really takes you out of reality. Idk that’s just me

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Hollywood’s Bleeding and After Hours are within a couple spots of each other on Billboard 200. Perhaps, some of you are exaggerating this “old news” thing with Post Malone.

Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

Btw this is TOTALLY off topic but I re-listened to Love Angel Music Baby by Gwen Stefani today after years & that is such a masterpiece of a pop album.

pop music really isn’t that fun anymore

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

HB being “old news” is so exaggerated here, the album is literally still charting in the BB200 top 10.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

i didn’t know that hollywood’s bleeding era revolved around blood and violence + had a jarring album cover with majority of the songs being depressing songs bluntly discussing types of drugs and sex.  

Sorry I don’t remember violence not having a sword or a skeleton on the album cover. And you can’t bring up jarring covers, when we had Billie Eilish with many freaky videos of putting spiders in her mouth and crying blood.

I took this from the Wikipedia Page describing Goodbye’s Music Video:

The original “R” rated music video was released alongside the song on July 5, and directed by Colin Tilley. It features Malone playing a gang member who dies after being stabbed by a member of a rival gang, before rising from the dead in a graveyard.  Due to the fact that Malone gets stabbed multiple times, including in the neck, YouTube made the video age-restricted as it is considered “graphic content”, so there are two versions of the music video: one rated “R” and shows Post being stabbed and killed and one rated “PG” (published two days later on July 7) that does not show him being stabbed and killed. It has over 100 million views as of January 2020.

Also, Circles’ music video literally has zombies and graphic corpses, so please stop acting like Post Malone is more pure than The Weeknd. I’ve already discussed the Grammys and their opinions on drugs and sex, stop bring up unnecessary conversations.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Also, “Blinding Lights” and “Circles” were released three months apart and had major longevity on the charts. They’re both about equally old. Again, I think there is some exaggeration with this Post Malone thing. I think “Blinding Lights” is more of a ROTY-sounding song, but “Circles” is also that type of song that would do well in the pop field. I don’t think it’s a runaway sweep for The Weeknd yet.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Also, “Blinding Lights” and “Circles” were released three months apart and had major longevity on the charts. They’re both about equally old. Again, I think there is some exaggeration with this Post Malone thing. I think “Blinding Lights” is more of a ROTY-sounding song, but “Circles” is also that type of song that would do well in the pop field. I don’t think it’s a runaway sweep for The Weeknd yet.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Practically who in the Grammy committee would vote for Post Malone?

• Fiona Apple: Rock vote, some pop to relieve her glory days
    • Dua Lipa: Pop & Dance vote
    • Lady Gaga: Pop & Dance vote
    • Roddy Ricch: Rap vote
    • Post Malone: Pop & Rap vote
    • The Weeknd: R&B, Pop & Rap vote

These seem realistic, I doubt that pop voters switch to voting towards Post Malone from Gaga, yet alone Abel or Dua. Fiona has the most solid voting block of the bunch. Gaga and Dua Lipa suffer votes since their album appeals to same voting block of people. I do think that The Weeknd has a better chance here: has a solid voting from R&B as well as getting some backing in maybe rap since many people in hip-hop enjoy his music, and well a majority of the songs like Blinding Lights and In Your Eyes are synth pop written all over it.

Post has to compete with many votes in Pop and Rap, while Abel can coast of votes from R&B and might pick up from pop and rap.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

i have to laugh. so an album that’s not explicit at ALL, doesn’t glorify sex / drugs with a cover of a girl sitting on a bed with white eyes is on the same level? and I never said post is all squeaky clean, but none the shit in his era matches up to the weeknd’s. anyways.

sis literally has demonic eyes looking like a lunatic on a hospital bed ahaha, while Abel is looking menacing with blood on his face? If we are comparing album covers we clearly have a winner. I would rather fight someone that has blood on their face then a person that is literally on the exorcism.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

having a high 70 low 80 on MC is consistent with AOTY winners, hence why Gaga, The Weeknd or Post are in the discussion. Y’all act like having a low 80 is a dirty word Kid A has the same MC score as After Hours, yet is hailed as one of best albums of all time. Not comparing any of those albums to Kid A, but again, Grammys care about average or at least above average critical acclaim.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I do feel like PM is a contender for a few nods in the GF but winning is another story. I just don’t see him getting the votes. No one is talking about him or his album as big Grammy contenders outside of here.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 614 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.