Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 614 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Babygirl
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i think say so is gonna be submitted to Rap Duo/Group, just because nicki minaj has such a strong presence in it and is what elevated the song’s popularity and reach.

the nicki minaj remix was only there to make the song go #1 on the hot 100, say so would still be as popular and relevant without the nicki minaj feature

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

She used to react to smaller artists and less mainstream stuff. But she’s been pretty much following the guidelines of stan Twitter for a year now. Recently, she hasn’t reacted to anything outside of stan Twitter favs and pop/hip-pop girlies. It’d be nice to get reactions to the recent albums from Fiona Apple or Perfume Genius or Waxahatchee or Soccer Mommy, acclaimed stuff that I feel fits into her wheelhouse. It’s also clear that she’s not that into male artists, which is cool I guess.

On that note, does anyone think Perfume Genius could be a surprise BPVA nominee?

I mean, that’s not an outlier. Most of the hip-hop reactors I watch almost exclusively do male hip-hop/R&B artists. I guess it because it’s because of demographic reasons or something.

Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

ALERT: SO THE ACADEMY MADE CATEGORY CHANGES!!

I just got the email 😅😅

They changed Best Urban Contemporary to Best Progressive R&B Album

They also changed the Best New Artist criteria

The Latin category has changes and Best Rap/Sung is now Best Melodic Rap performance

ALERT: SO THE ACADEMY MADE CATEGORY CHANGES!!

I just got the email 😅😅

They changed Best Urban Contemporary to Best Progressive R&B Album

They also changed the Best New Artist criteria

The Latin category has changes and Best Rap/Sung is now Best Melodic Rap performance

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Profile picture
    JulianLeiva
    Topics:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/recording-academy-announces-changes-63rd-annual-grammys-releases-rules-and-guidelines

It’s real
    <p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

Well, then. The Best Rap/Sung Performance change is probably gonna help a lot of rappers get some nominations that they otherwise wouldn’t have gotten under the old criteria.

Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

I wonder if this will allow Roddy Ricch to get his BNA nom

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

hmmmm…. I want to see the full rules for BNA, if winning as a feature or nominated as a performer will cause ineligibility still. They only mention the previously released tracks in the press release, not the other rules that are in place. I feel if it’s just up to the discretion of a panel, that’s cool! That means Roddy could be eligible, as that really wasn’t a Roddy track and his breakthrough was this year. I feel Lewis Capaldi had his breakthrough last year, that song hit number 1. This is really good for Megan!

I love the change in category names. People like HER and Brandi Carlile who had high profile producers and labels in their corner might have a harder time getting in the GF now. I love them both, but it was getting obvious they had someone pushing for their nominations.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

OK, looking deeper, here are the new rules.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/rules-guidelines

Roddy and Lewis wouldn’t be eligible based the bolded ones below.

BEST NEW ARTIST
    FOR ALBUMS, SINGLES, OR TRACKS
    SCREENING CRITERIA This category recognizes an artist whose eligibility-year release(s) achieved
    a breakthrough into the public consciousness and notably impacted the musical landscape.
    In adjudicating this category, the primary element to consider is the artist’s performance. If the
    artist wrote most or all of the songs, this may be a secondary consideration. Production elements of
    the recording should not be considered.
    • Minimum releases to meet eligibility: five singles/tracks or one album.
    • While there will be no specified maximum number of releases, the screening committees will be
    charged with determining whether the artist had attained a breakthrough or prominence prior to
    the eligibility year. Such a determination would result in disqualification.
    An artist may not enter into this category more than three times, including as a performing
    member of an established group.
    • Solo artists and established duos and groups.
    • Solo artists formerly with duos/groups, provided the duo/group had not attained prominence.
    • New established duos/groups consisting of former solo artists or former group members,
    provided that none of the previous solo artists nor the duo/group had attained prominence.
    • New recording artists who previously achieved recognition in a different discipline, such as
    songwriters, politicians, actors, astronauts, etc.
    NOT ELIGIBLE
    • Any artist who had achieved a breakthrough in a prior eligibility year.
    • Any artist with a previous GRAMMY nomination as a performer,including a nomination as an
    established member of a nominated group.
    Exception: If an artist is nominated (but does not win) for the release of a single or as a featured
    artist or collaborator on a compilation or another artist’s album before the artist has released at
    least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this category for the first time), the
    artist may enter this category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s fifth single/track or
    first album is released.
    • An artist with a previous songwriting GRAMMY nomination, if the nominated song had gained its
    prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist.
    Exception: If an artist received the nomination (but does not win) for writing a song that had
    gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist before the
    artist has released at least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this category
    for the first time), the artist may enter this category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s
    fifth single/track or first album is released.

• Collaborations involving two or more individuals who are not an established group.
    • Artists who have been credited only as featured artists.
    • Choirs, choruses and large band ensembles (16 or more members).
    • Non-music-performing video performers (e.g., dancers, actors).
    • Musical craftspeople (songwriters, engineers, producers, art directors, remixers, notes writers,
    etc.).
    • Any person active in public life whose entered recording was not intended to be the subject of a
    commercial release.
    • A group carrying on the name and tradition of a previous group that would be ineligible due to
    number of recordings or prior breakthrough, even if the personnel changes.
    • A group that would be ineligible due to number of recordings or prior breakthrough, even if it
    changes its name.
    * NOTE: The word “artist” is used inclusively to signify performing solo artists as well as
    established performing duos and groups.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real! There is a Rap panel.  Changing the name from Best Rap/Sung Performance to Best Melodic Rap Performance (BARF!) will NOT help a lot of rappers get some nominations that they otherwise wouldn’t have gotten under the old criteria.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Ajay is like BigQuint but only for pop chicks. Sometimes both of them overreacting and overhyping stuff.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Yeah, the name change just reflects the previous rule change. The nominations will look the same, but the name just makes more sense now.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Ajay is like BigQuint but only for pop chicks. Sometimes both of them overreacting and overhyping stuff.

That’s how I feel about her. She’s entertaining. But she’s reduced herself to kissing stan Twitter’s arse. And it seems like she has started being consciously over-the-top with her reactions in order to maintain meme status. In general, all these popular reactors have started over-doing sh*t and placating social media.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 614 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.