Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 619 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Babygirl
janet.
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

lemme just say that i warned some of y’all about this is america and was ignored then shameless switched to shallow in soty cuz i freaked out when everyone else predicted it, then warned y’all about billie sweeping in the gf and was laughed at for months. let’s see where this cycle takes us.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I do feel like PM is a contender for a few nods in the GF but winning is another story. I just don’t see him getting the votes. No one is talking about him or his album as big Grammy contenders outside of here.

album is one thing, but if you think circles has no chance of winning roty / soty, that’s pure delusion.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

difference when asib and hollywood’s bleeding is that asib was submitted for aoty in a different cycle when shallow and the buzz around the era happened in the previous. maybe if circles was competing in the last season i’d get some of y’alls points but….

anyway, i do get some of the doubts for post’s chances in aoty, but i even see the “old news” exaggeration being used for circles.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Not y’all saying this after being bold this time last year saying Lil Nas X was never getting a Grammy nom…

issa joke ma. idk who said that but drag me little miss ariana grande will win pop vocal album.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

lemme just say that i warned some of y’all about this is america and was ignored then shameless switched to shallow in soty cuz i freaked out when everyone else predicted it, then warned y’all about billie sweeping in the gf and was laughed at for months. let’s see where this cycle takes us.

Sis, those are Grammy wins, not nominations, let me talk to you about my track history such as predicted Hard Place in the GF and currently predicted that there would more Asian acts for BNA on here (Joji and Rina). Most importantly I predicted reputation and ASIB Soundtrack to not be nominated when everyone said I was delusional. Also sis a Billie sweep with brought up in the conversation from me since around this time last year, when we still fight Ariana v. Gaga in the general field, but carry on, acting like 0/6 Malone has a chance against Mr. Genre Defining Abel Tesfaye.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

The difference between A Star is Born and Hollywood’s Bleeding is that “Shallow” (the song that pushed that soundtrack) was released during the previous eligibility period, whereas “Circles” will be competing in the same year as Hollywood’s Bleeding. Post has a good chance at sweeping the marquee nominations, just like The Weeknd. Post has already appeared in the general field three times already in the last two periods.

Either way, the “old news” talk is completely exaggerated, as “Circles” and Hollywood’s Bleeding are still among the better performers on their respective charts. I don’t think Post Malone is this runaway frontrunner, but the things used against him in favor of someone like Dua Lipa (whose album is performing far worse than HB, which is deemed as “old news”) are kinda baseless.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

difference when asib and hollywood’s bleeding is that asib was submitted for aoty in a different cycle when shallow and the buzz around the era happened in the previous. maybe if circles was competing in the last season i’d get some of y’alls points but….

anyway, i do get some of the doubts for post’s chances in aoty, but i even see the “old news” exaggeration being used for circles.

I just said the same thing. lmao

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

the old news conversation is up… since Post competed with Wow and Sunflower yet was only given 2 nominations and lost them too. Yet we want to talk about Circles? Sis no. Circles has longevity, but right now Blinding Lights does too. It’s been on the charts for 26 weeks, yet is still number 4, but let me mind you might go up next week since ROM might fall of next week to lower but stable chart position.

Longevity matters only if it’s at the end, as shown with Bad Guy, Truth Hurts and Old Town Road. The only album to be nominated in the past 2 years in AOTY before the new year has been H.E.R., while last year half of the nominations for AOTY came from albums that came out during summer, so… longevity only matters during summer.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

but carry on, acting like 0/6 Malone has a chance against Mr. Genre Defining Abel Tesfaye.

who’s acting? because he literally does ma. but congrats to little miss gEnRe dEfiNiNg!1!1!1 for winning 3 r&b grammys i guess.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

2 songs that came out late 2018 will be on an AOTY album nominee that competes in 2021 is not considered “old news”? Let me mind you they lost both awards for Sunflower and WOW didn’t nominated for shit. Sis WOW. Keep talking.

FYC:

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

the old news conversation is up… since Post competed with Wow and Sunflower yet was only given 2 nominations and lost them too. Yet we want to talk about Circles? Sis no. Circles has longevity, but right now Blinding Lights does too. It’s been on the charts for 26 weeks, yet is still number 4, but let me mind you might go up next week since ROM might fall of next week to lower but stable chart position.

Longevity matters only if it’s at the end, as shown with Bad Guy, Truth Hurts and Old Town Road. The only album to be nominated in the past 2 years in AOTY before the new year has been H.E.R., while last year half of the nominations for AOTY came from albums that came out during summer, so… longevity only matters during summer.

“Circles” will probably still be top 20 at the end of the summer or until the end of eligibility. It’s “only” in its 39th week on the chart.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

who’s acting? because he literally does ma. but congrats to little miss gEnRe dEfiNiNg!1!1!1 for winning 3 r&b grammys i guess.

streaming House of Balloons and we can talk about Genre Defining.

sit down 0/6 supporter and tell me where he will get his votes from… right.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 619 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.