Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 618 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS ⚡️
Babygirl
"How U Doin'"
  • Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Harry won’t be considered a new artist. There’s no way a panel could be convinced this is his breakthrough year… That’s rule number 1 on the list of ineligible artists.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I went through the changes over. I’m fine with them. I agree 100% with the Latin one, especially because of the Maluma and ROSALIA drama I noticed last year.

ROSALIA won Latin pop album at the Latin Grammys but would go on to win Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative album at Grammys, which, to me, wasn’t just cool. Her album was Billie Eilish-esque pop and deserved to have snatched the pop category.

Maluma on the other hand wasn’t even nominated for 11:11 at the Latin Grammys but would receive a nomination for Latin Pop in Grammys, which isn’t cool.

At least now that they compete side by side, that’ll be fine.

Profile picture
    "How U Doin'"
    Topics:

Get real!  Harry Styles is NOT a strong contender for Best New Artist.  He is ineligible.  Duh!

Profile picture
    VictorJustino
    Topics:

I think that Justin will most definitely submit to BPVA. The Weeknd, on the other hand, will probably win in the Best Progressive R&B Album category.

Yes, but I’m talking about who fits in what

the description they gave for Best R&B Progressive Album is perfect for Bieber

Even Bieber himself says that the album is R&B, he don’t refeers to the album as a pop album.

But watch grammys nominate him in pop categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Am I the only one that’s a tad unsettled with the “melodic” name?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Yes, but I’m talking about who fits in what the description they gave for Best R&B Progressive Album is perfect for Bieber Even Bieber himself says that the album is R&B, he don’t refeers to the album as a pop album. But watch grammys nominate him in pop categories.

The same say Lizzo called “Truth Hurts” rap at some point.

Am I the only one that’s a tad unsettled with the “melodic” name?

I’m fine with the name. I mean, Melodic Rap is on the rise right now. People love melodies in rap.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Based on rules alone, BTS might be eligible for BNA.

Hmmm. That’s interesting.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

BTS are likely not eligible, rule one will always be the subjective opinion of a panel if they broke through already and BTS had two number 1 albums in 2018…

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

https://www.stereogum.com/featured/best-albums-2020-midyear-list/

An idea of where critics are going. We all knew Fiona would be up there. Happy to see Waxahatchee, Perfume Genius, Soccer Mommy, Yves Tumor and Run the Jewels so high up! I didn’t expect The 1975 or Charli to make the top 10. Some other notable high positions are Jason Isbell and Dua Lipa, but they need to rank higher to be considered critical darlings of the year. I also expected Tame Impala and Jay Electronica higher. No mention of Gaga or Rina…

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Based on rules alone, BTS might be eligible for BNA.

Definitely not.

As such, the screening committees will be charged with determining whether the artist had attained a breakthrough or prominence prior to the eligibility year. Such a determination would result in disqualification.

The screening committee will deem them as ineligible.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Harry Styles is predicted to climb to number 30 with Watermelon Sugar this week. The radio dollars are being shifted to that song and expect it to continue to climb this summer. He is turning out to be our pop star with longevity this year. Columbia is going full Harry Styles with Adele and Beyoncé not releasing. Look at their artist list… they always have a contender and it’ll be Harry this year. It seems like their mandated to make this his year.

https://www.columbiarecords.com/artists/

Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 618 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.