Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 601 through 614 (of 614 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Babygirl
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

BTS + Grammy Awards = NOT happening

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I hope After Hours is placed in Pop Vocal Album. I don’t see anything “progressive” about The Weeknd in 2020. lmao

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Based on rules alone, BTS might be eligible for BNA.

They won’t be. Their breakthrough was quite awhile ago.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Stevie Wonder can see that The Weeknd will be in Best Progressive R&B Album (that title is crappy).  Hopefully, the R&B panel snubs him.  I do NOT want another win.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

This category is intended to highlight albums that include the more progressive elements of R&B and may include samples and elements of hip-hop, rap, dance, and electronic music. It may also incorporate production elements found in pop, euro-pop, country, rock, folk and alternative.

Albeit After Hours is a lot more Pop for a Weeknd album, it definitely fits this description. I don’t see why it wouldn’t compete in Progressive R&B Album.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

https://www.stereogum.com/featured/best-albums-2020-midyear-list/

An idea of where critics are going. We all knew Fiona would be up there. Happy to see Waxahatchee, Perfume Genius, Soccer Mommy, Yves Tumor and Run the Jewels so high up! I didn’t expect The 1975 or Charli to make the top 10. Some other notable high positions are Jason Isbell and Dua Lipa, but they need to rank higher to be considered critical darlings of the year. I also expected Tame Impala and Jay Electronica higher. No mention of Gaga or Rina…

Paste also put out their mid-year list a couple of days ago. Fiona was number one there as well. While Perfume Genius, Run the Jewels and Waxahatchee were also high. Those four albums seem to be what critics have collectively decided to push. I don’t think any album this year will manage to come close to the amount of top ten lists ‘Fetch’ will make and the amount of number one slots it will get.

I am slightly surprised by the lack of Rina love on the few lists I’ve seen thus far. Surprised but also indifferent. Gaga got solid reviews, but I wouldn’t anticipate her making many top 10 or 20 lists, outside of the most populist publications.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The Weeknd and Doja Cat will probably be moved to Pop Vocal Album. Even though they both shouldve been contenders for Urban Contemporary. The Grammys think a title change is gonna erase racism and police brutality? How tone-deaf can they be?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

So if one category is “Progressive” does that make the other Un-progressive? LOL the shade.

They could’ve easily do what they do with POP and just make a TRADITIONAL R&B ALBUM category. And then have a Contemporary R&B album. If they want to distinguish the two. Because calling one Progressive implies that the other contenders are.. dated.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The Weeknd and Doja Cat will probably be moved to Pop Vocal Album. Even though they both shouldve been contenders for Urban Contemporary. The Grammys think a title change is gonna erase racism and police brutality? How tone-deaf can they be?

A lot of companies have gotten rid of the “Urban” classification in recent days. So, they likely felt the pressure to do so as well. But “progressive R&B” just sounds silly to me.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I honestly don’t get what was wrong with Contemporary R&B. Imo, I even prefer Urban Contemporary to this one. The name seems forced and like they’re trying too hard to be accepted, especially given the state of things in America.

They do realize they’re not the VMA’s right? I don’t get why they feel pressure to please everyone. Just do you job that one day in a calendar and fuck what people think, academy.

Viewing 14 posts - 601 through 614 (of 614 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.