Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 544 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS ⚡️
fortheculture
How U Doin'
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Also, it seems like additional committee picks (songs that didn’t make the top 20) are now forbidden from the General field.

That was always the rule

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Auxiliary comments —
    concerning such items as the circumstances of the recording, personal anecdotes, whether a
    nomination will or won’t result in a win, and other subjects not directly related to the finished
    product as submitted — are forbidden.

Congratulations on your ROTY and BNA nominations, Doja Cat!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

There was a comment last year that members added songs that didn’t make the top 20 regarding the whole Deborah scandal.

Deborah Dugan may have told a lie or gotten her categories mixed up. It’s been a longstanding rule and we’ve known it was a rule since this 2017 article.

Profile picture
    JJS5056
    Topics:

This only highlights how ridiculous the inconsistencies within the genre categories are. Nobody with some authority noticed that ‘urban’ is still used as an adjective in another genre? Nobody reviewed the rules for Pop and Country Duo and thought “gee, this seems unfair to limit a pop artist to 1 nomination but give a country artist a loophole.”?

I like the idea of following something like the categories applied to Radio formats; otherwise, maybe replacing Contemporary or the new UC type of categories with ‘Mainstream Crossover’ to give cross-genre albums recognition? These may be terrible examples, but roll with it:
    <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>I. Best Mainstream Crossover Album</span>
    1. After Hours – The Weeknd (R&B)
    2. Chromatica – Lady Gaga (Dance)
    3. Invasion of Privacy – Cardi B (Rap)
    4. Red – Taylor Swift (Country)
    5. Random Access Memories – Daft Punk (Alternative)

I also think that the notion of ‘Best Collaboration’ is going to become a total mess as more and more remixes are released to boost streaming success. I really think Duo/Group needs to revert back to its initial meaning (e.g., not a solo artist), Collaboration limited to songs that are released initially featuring 2 artists and/or that have equal contribution, and a new ‘Remix’ award.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Congratulations on your ROTY and BNA nominations, Doja Cat!

Are they not allowed to discuss controversial comments regarding the contenders?

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

I think they have a Pop committee and haven’t revealed it. That would explain the odd nominees, and they would be in charge of deciding.

According to this year’s ceremony page on wikipedia they were announced:

Additionally, there were separate screening committees for Pop and Rock, whereas previously these categories were screened by a Core Committee. This leaves the Core Committee to focus on the more difficult decisions such as determining who is eligible for the Best New Artist category and trying to find the best home for borderline genre entries.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/62nd_Annual_Grammy_Awards

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

maybe replacing Contemporary or the new UC type of categories with ‘Mainstream Crossover’ to give cross-genre albums recognition? These may be terrible examples, but roll with it:
    <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>I. Best Mainstream Crossover Album</span>

This would be a horrible idea; these five albums have almost nothing in common with each other.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

According to this year’s ceremony page on wikipedia they were announced:

Additionally, there were separate screening committees for Pop and Rock, whereas previously these categories were screened by a Core Committee. This leaves the Core Committee to focus on the more difficult decisions such as determining who is eligible for the Best New Artist category and trying to find the best home for borderline genre entries.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/62nd_Annual_Grammy_Awards

Screening committees are not nomination review committees.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Are they not allowed to discuss controversial comments regarding the contenders?

I would imagine that would fall into “personal anecdotes … and other subjects not directly related to the finished product as submitted.”

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

I like the idea of following something like the categories applied to Radio formats; otherwise, maybe replacing Contemporary or the new UC type of categories with ‘Mainstream Crossover’ to give cross-genre albums recognition? These may be terrible examples, but roll with it:

Is this not the whole point of AOTY?

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Deborah Dugan may have told a lie or gotten her categories mixed up. It’s been a longstanding rule and we’ve known it was a rule since this 2017 article.

Dont u think blue ribbon comittee just simply blurred the rules like it isn’t the easiest thing for them to do? Tanya Tucker and Brandi Carlile having representants there basically confirms it

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I would imagine that would fall into “personal anecdotes … and other subjects not directly related to the finished product as submitted.”

They can vote based on their feelings of it but can’t address it during the voting process. Lmfaoo

Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.