Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 17)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 566 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Darren
ELIAS
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Again, really is that your argument? One technicality?

There’s no argument, it is what it is.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

I noticed discussions are so polite & friendly on the Television/Movies forums.

When I switch to the Music forums, it’s a war zone everyone’s fighting and arguing lmao it’s funny.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

There’s no argument, it is what it is.

I choose to use POC because many people at rallies have brought injustices of all races, genders and sexual orientations. Not saying that’s the main topic, but everyone is marching on the street together. POC are still black people, regardless of what umbrella term you put them in.

Anyways, stop vilifying “black” artists because they choose to release music that deals with the climate we are in today. It ain’t cute.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I noticed discussions are so polite & friendly on the Television/Movies forums. When I switch to the Music forums, it’s a war zone everyone’s fighting and arguing lmao it’s funny.

I mean Grammy winners spark the most debate. I’m pretty sure people were more thrilled that Parasite won Best Picture then Billie Eilish winning AOTY.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

When I switch to the Music forums, it’s a war zone everyone’s fighting and arguing lmao it’s funny.

It used to be a fiery mess on the Movie Forums some years back when OG users were still active.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

I choose to use POC because many people at rallies have brought injustices of all races, genders and sexual orientations. Not saying that’s the main topic, but everyone is marching on the street together. POC are still black people, regardless of what umbrella term you put them in. Anyways, stop vilifying “black” artists because they choose to release music that deals with the climate we are in today. It ain’t cute.

I never vilified black artists for releasing BLM or black issues related music but I guess you are speaking in general.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I noticed discussions are so polite & friendly on the Television/Movies forums. When I switch to the Music forums, it’s a war zone everyone’s fighting and arguing lmao it’s funny.

I used to be scared of the music forums for this reason but I think I’ve gotten used to it now. It helps that I’m naturally a very argumentative person.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

I remember when the Oscar forum was equally a hot ass mess. And the drama will likely spur up once the Oscar season really starts. The TV forum has always been chill for the most part. I just think people take music more personally. The opinions on music is much more varied. There’s also a lot of stan fighting, more delusion, more immaturity and more of a clique mentality. It is funny or even productive on occasion.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Haim- Women in Music Part lll
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Honey,  i respect you but both are different.

Everyone was okay with parasite and Bong jon Ho wining Best Picture and Best Director respectively.

Most of the people weren’t happy with Billie winning AOTY and shitty Bad Guy winning SOTY.

Oscars >>>>>>>> Grammy

Movie forums = music forum

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Best Song Written for Visual Media, I have: No Time To Die (No Time To Die)
    Into The Unknown (Frozen II)
    Only The Young (Miss Americana) (if eligible)
    The Other Side (Trolls)

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

Best Rock Song
    Best Rock Performance
    SOTY

Phoebe Bridgers – I Know the End
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36-zuf3wAY  

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Best Rock Song Best Rock Performance SOTY Phoebe Bridgers – I Know the End https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36-zuf3wAY

This song’s rather pop imo

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Best Song Written for Visual Media, I have: No Time To Die (No Time To Die)
    Into The Unknown (Frozen II)
    Only The Young (Miss Americana) (if eligible)
    The Other Side (Trolls)

Boss Bitch from Birds of Prey too.

It’s a low-key hit, a high-key bop, Doja’s having a breakout year and the last Harley Quinn movie got two songs nominated.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Grammys are much more unpredictable than Oscars & Emmys in top categories & music stans are far far more dedicated than actor stans or tv stans.

Off the top of your head, how many actors, movies, directors, tv shows have stan army names. Exactly.

Whereas everybody and their granny knows The Monsters & The Hive at the very least.

GD AoTY odds this year only had 4/10 correct with the 4 being 13th, 27th, 30th & 52nd respectively.

If that same thing happened at the Oscars then you would’ve had Bombshell, Harriet, Rise of Skywalker & Motherless Brooklyn as BP nominees.

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

This song’s rather pop imo

It could go either way, but Phoebe Bridgers plays electric guitar, tours with people like Conor Oberst and is usually described as indie rock.

Sometimes they move people into pop, but it’s usually bigger artists like Beck and Coldplay.

Plus, the song is almost 6 minutes with that shift into the long outro (I’m not sure if we should call it an outro or a third verse) that’s almost like adding another song, so not a typical 3 minute pop song.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 566 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.