Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 621 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
janet.
fortheculture
  • Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Y’all predicting Harry now because it obvious he is getting and the dark horse in the pop categories but were laughing at the ones who have been predicting him for months:

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Rockstar is the best song of 2020. I hope they won’t snub it in 2020. It should be undeniable by now.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Teenage Dream was not as big as everyone makes it seem. It was #10 on Billboards year-end list in 2011, and #40 in 2010, despite having 4 big number ones.

Anyways, I’m going to compare Hollywood’s Bleeding to say Invasion of Privacy. Sis only got one award despite having huge success and critical backing. I think Post Malone will walk away with maybe one or two, but it’s very to believe it. Future Nostalgia has critical acclaim as is from a cis white women who they typically award. Chromatica is a return to form with dance-music from Gaga. Pop Vocal is contested, and the fact that he did not get in with Beerbongs and Bentleys is proof of that. Pop Solo is where we are just unclear, since none of these have proven to be huge threat in pop.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I feel like Teenage Dream was really big as an era more than as an album. I mean it had super succesful singles and 5 number ones, and that alone is enough to say it’s one of the biggest pop era we have ever seen. Plus if you ask somebody about some of its singles you can be sure everybody will remember them. However the sales of the album itself weren’t so exciting. Katy has always been a singles artist and this album proves it. Also she had really intense competition, she lost most of the nods of this album from Adele and Gaga in her prime.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Just read that Chris Brown won over The Weeknd… please tell me that there is no overlap between BET voters and Grammys. The Weeknd can’t even beat Chris freaking Brown?!?!?

I mean Dababy won against Roddy Ricch, but again The Weeknd released 2 songs this year while Chris released a whole album, so I mean that’s why he’s winning. Maybe next year that would be different. Also congrats to Roddy Ricch for getting both AOTY and BNA in the BET Awards, the Grammys should follow suit.

FYC:

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

By the way i agree that Post is probably going home with nothing this year. I mean he is competitive everywhere but i don’t see him having the edge to come trough with a win. The biggest chance that he has is Pop Solo.

About Harry, he is probably getting 2/3 nods: Pop Solo, Pop Album and SOTY are his best chances in my opinion. And i also think he is very competitive in Pop Album, but we already know that this particular award will be uncertain until the very last minute.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Idk man about Harry Styles being nominated accords the board, since ex boy band members don’t fare that well with the Grammys (JT in 2012). I’m not saying he isn’t going to be nominated, but I do think he has a chance of being shut out.

Theres always a pop star we talk about that gets cut out: Halsey in 2019, Sam Smith in 2018. I do think that person is Harry Styles.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

If they really wanted to make a political statement, they should award a Black artist or a rap album (Im looking at Roddy Ricch or Abel).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

ROCKSTAR has the most memorable lines for any Hit this year. Which is why I have it in Song of the Year. I have it 8th in my Predictions because yall like to criticize motherfuckers for having unpopular opinions but whatever. I hope it’s w(in). I think its up there with SAVAGE as far as memorable lyrics. I hope it wins Melodic Rap Performance because The Box WILL WIN Rap Performance.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I think harry has proven himself

his last album did ok and now this one is already bigger with 2 hits. im looking forward to see how the voters will react to it

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I have troubles seeing Rockstar in the GF. They are not gonna nominate two Roddy tracks in ROTY and I don’t feel like Rockstar is the type of song that gets into SOTY.

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

“The Box” is not a “rap performance.” Both “The Box” and “Rockstar” will go Melodic Rap.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Idk man about Harry Styles being nominated accords the board, since ex boy band members don’t fare that well with the Grammys (JT in 2012).

Prior to that year, Justin had 2 AOTY nominations and 3 ROTY nominations, one of which was with NSYNC, so that’s a really bad example.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Prior to that year, Justin had 2 AOTY nominations and 3 ROTY nominations, one of which was with NSYNC, so that’s a really bad example.

Doesnt that work with my example: he literally was the frontrunner back in 2012, yet lost even though at that time he was a seasoned veteran?

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Who is getting snubbed?

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 621 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.