Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 621 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
janet.
fortheculture
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I have him winning ROTY and SOTY.

Im wondering why over The Weeknd? If you are then fine, I’m just trying to understand where you guys are coming from.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I have him winning ROTY and SOTY.

same

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

the meltdowns in the previous pages acting like someone said post will win aoty when the discussion was about circles winning something chile, y’all need to stop jumping to conclusions.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Im wondering why over The Weeknd? If you are then fine, I’m just trying to understand where you guys are coming from.

Because Circles is the biggest hit of the eligibility period and I feel like it’s a song that appeals to many voters across different genres.

You any many other users on here not to stop acting like Abel is some unbeatable heavyweight. I think it’s going to be close between the two of them in every category they’re nominated in but I’m giving the edge to Post.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  “Circles” is NOT winning Record of the Year and Song of the Year.  Y’all must be smoking that ya-yo.  Post Malone isn’t even a lock for a Song of the Year nomination.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Do we have a chance of seeing a split four? For example –

AOTY: The Weeknd

ROTY: Dua Lipa

SOTY: Fiona Apple

BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

I know I’m delusional about BNA, but regardless, is there a huge chance of it being four different winners after last year’s sweep?

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

It’s interesting how we can all be part of the same culture and still live in completely different worlds. Like in my world, it is a joke to pretend like Post, Harry or Dua or are in the same league as The Weeknd. The Weeknd is and has always been a heavyweight. Fiona is a heavyweight. All the others are just pop stars.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

The Weeknd is and has always been a heavyweight.

I’m convinced some of you snort 5 lines of ketamine every morning.

How is someone who has only won 3 Grammys – all of which have been in the R&B field, a heavyweight?

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, let’s keep it 100.  Dua Lipa, Post Malone, and Harry Styles are NOT winning any Grammys.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

The Weeknd has been a heavyweight since the moment House of Balloons dropped and he changed the sound of RnB for the entire decade, making 40+ year end and decade end lists like Complex #1 album of 2011, Fact Magazine #1 album of 2011, Billboard #7 album of 2011, Billboard songs that defined the decade, etc. This wasn’t even a studio album, it was literally a free mixtape and it made that big of an impact. Like it or not he is a heavyweight and he is overdue. And After Hours is a gorgeous body of work.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I’m a 21 year-old white/asian literature undergraduate who lives in her parent’s basement in australia and primarily listens to indie folk and indie pop music. I’m assuming that’s a very different world lol

I listen to some youth alternative radio over here (at home, in the car I put on the mainstream stations just to see what’s up), and The Weeknd is taken very seriously and Post Malone is like, the alternative cross-over guilty pleasure because he is very easy to listen to and you can’t take him too seriously. Harry is still rejected by a lot of the alternative crowd because he is trying to push an image of being different but his music sounds like cookie cutter pop with the guise of being hipster. Fiona isn’t played on the youth stations so I’m not sure how the crowd would receive her if she was played. Phoebe is relegated to the non-youth alternative stations like Fiona. Rina is played sometimes so she has cross-genre appeal but Dua is never played (again, on the alternative stations because she is 100% pure pop). She is the most played on every other bloody station, though. Cannot escape Dua Lipa and Harry Styles on mainstream radio over here. But obviously Australia is not really relevant in predicting Grammys.

What’s the state of affairs over there? I check charts but I’m not sure if they correlate with radio play, streaming, or sales more. Over here, 175 streams is equivalent to one sale. We average out the top two songs on an album so that no breakout hits bring up the ranking of an overall poorly streamed album. Do people win Grammys with a purely pop-supported vote? Surely not…

Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

Honey, let’s keep it 100. Dua Lipa, Post Malone, and Harry Styles are NOT winning any Grammys.

I´m booking marking this bc the last laugh is always the best

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I’m convinced some of you snort 5 lines of ketamine every morning. How is someone who has only won 3 Grammys – all of which have been in the R&B field, a heavyweight?

Not to be rude…but didn’t you support Father of the Bride winning AOTY over Billie?

FYC:

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Do we have a chance of seeing a split four? For example –

AOTY: The Weeknd

ROTY: Dua Lipa

SOTY: Fiona Apple

BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

I know I’m delusional about BNA, but regardless, is there a huge chance of it being four different winners after last year’s sweep?

If they don’t wanna give Abel the aoty, then it’s Fiona. I think Abel will win soty and roty, unless he’s not nominated in soty then it’s Post, Dua, or god knows who. Not sure about bna but I feel they’ll pull a Esperanza Spalding type of win, like some jazz/blues/folk act coming out of nowhere winning.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Because Circles is the biggest hit of the eligibility period and I feel like it’s a song that appeals to many voters across different genres. You any many other users on here not to stop acting like Abel is some unbeatable heavyweight. I think it’s going to be close between the two of them in every category they’re nominated in but I’m giving the edge to Post.

I don’t think he’s unbeatable, but Circles isnt the best competition. If the “biggest hit” won every year then Lil Nas and Drake would have had ROTY/SOTY in the bag. I haven’t seen Post Malone circle any critics list for songs. I do agree that he does have some crossover appeal, but again Abel does too. He’s a r&b artists who has synthpop hits.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 621 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.