Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 502 total)
Created
5 days ago
Last Reply
21 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
ELIAS
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Just realised that in Billie Eilish’s lifetime, there’s only been two AOTY winners by black artists. One was dead and the other was a collect of Joni Mitchell covers.

OutKast won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Are Chloe x Halle still eligible for BNA? Cuz if that’s the case i totally forgot about that…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Are Chloe x Halle still eligible for BNA? Cuz if that’s the case i totally forgot about that…

No. They have already been nominated. Geez lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

Jack Harlow for a BNA nom?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Sorry didn’t know I’m all new to this should’ve double checked. And no to Jack Harlow omg

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Jack Harlow for a BNA nom?

too soon to call, but as of now, no.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

It looks like Fine Line is going back to the top five of the Billboard 200. Maybe it’s the start of something.

Fine Line is for sure one of the biggest albums of the year and the top200 is there to show that

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Who is performing this year? And with what songs? I really hope they do the same way with the BET performers.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, I can see a filler Best R&B Song and possible SOTY nom for “I Can’t Breathe.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Over It gets an AOTY nomination is a perfect world.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Honey, U2 did NOT deserve any of their General Field wins. YUCK!

Their AOTY win for The Joshua Tree says hello.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Man fuck commercial success with the Grammys, especially with awarding majority of AOTY winners last decade are pop. I just want the best record of the year to be on-top. Not just the ones that sold millions of copies and had millions of streams.

Fiona winning would help change the game at least with being the lowest sold and streamed winner there. And Abel could open the door for more deserving Black musicians to follow suit.

Just because you and a few bloggers say something is the best that does not suggest that everyone else has to have agreement with that. There are artists who have great reviews and have great popularity. It is patronizing to say that the best happens to be whatever hipsters say is the best. Plenty of that shit is exhausting to hear.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

That Rina Sawayama girl is awful. Her music is just noise. Not my tea.

Good thing her great album got 89 average on Metacritic due to critics having taste.

…Lil Baby set for a 5th #1 week. Hmm, general field time?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Just because you and a few bloggers say something is the best that does not suggest that everyone else has to have agreement with that. There are artists who have great reviews and have great popularity. It is patronizing to say that the best happens to be whatever hipsters say is the best. Plenty of that shit is exhausting to hear.

No one said “hipsters” lol, you did. Anyways, I literally backed up Billie Eilish’s AOTY win over Lana Del Rey, the queen of fucking critical acclaim of 2019. My point was to prove that award music should be for something innovative and moving forward in whatever genre you are in. Kendrick speaking about the versatility of being black on To Pimp a Butterfly. Beyoncé speaking on the generations of infidelity and the various stages of that on LEMONADE. Arcade Fire speaking about living on the Suburbs. Kacey Musgraves forwarding progressive ideas and combining elements of dance pop and disco into country. Billie Eilish creating distinctive pop music that Ariana, Lana or Lizzo are not in the same lane as that is too alternative for pop or too pop for alternative.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters deals with the struggles women have to go through. Whether it’s on Shameika, detailing the struggle of bullying for girls at school, and realizing from this metaphorical girl that she does not need to fit in or impress these women. Newspaper discussing her deeper connection towards her exes new girlfriend. Ladies discussing the struggles of protesting about these rights that they will fly right from the heads of some women. For Women describing a sexual assault man, who somehow ties into Brett Kavanaugh, a Supreme Court justice.

Sis, we haven’t talked about the production, it’s literally the sounds of a quarantine album in such a great way, pots in tune, dogs barking to be a metaphor to the bitches in her life. It plays off the piano rock and singer songwriter art pop she is know for amped up to a 100.

In summary, I do think they need to award my AOTY, yet alone many. Fetch the Bolt Cutters deals with being fed up with the system that has wrong Fiona, women, whether it’s in school, relationships, or in politics. This is a feminist album that will probably be remember for years. It deserves to be the album of the year.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 502 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.