Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 536 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Jenny Lewis Fan
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I’d love to see Blake Mills in Producer of the year, he’been a part of amazing albums (Punisher, Set My Heart on Fire Imediately, Rough and Rowdy Days) and released a great album too. Feth The Bolt Cutters is the most solid for a nomination in engineering imo, Bob Ludwig is a grammy darling and 2x winner in this category.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I also think Black Parade could be in Song for Visual Media if its the single for “Black Is King” her movie premiering on Disney+.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I am moving Ego Death into my ROTY prediction. It has all of the ingredients to be a summer smash.

• A huge collaboration between 4 stars
    • A big hook that is memorable and immediately recognizable
    • A fire beat that demands to be turned up
    • Perfect middle ground between sounding so fresh but still being a radio friendly pop song
    • Cross genre appeal. Gonna be a smash for fans of pop, hiphop, electronic, alternative, etc.
    • There really is a void for song of the summer this year that a song as weak as Rockstar is topping the charts. The charts are wide open just waiting for a smash like Ego Death

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

My only complain about Ego Death is that FKA Twigs was kind of delegated to a brief outro that is an afterthought. I wish that Twigs portion was a little bit longer and bigger, ending with Twigs and Ty Dolla doing a duet verse so the song could end with a bang. I know that radio songs should be around 3 minutes, but since this song has three distinct phases, I think this song could have easily justified being five minutes long.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Ego Death won’t be nominated. A person can dream @fortheculture . FKA twigs and serpentwithfeet on a house beat is amazing.

Holy Trinity of Albums:

After Hours, Fetch the Bolt Cutters and What’s Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

What’s up with the Eurovision predictions? Am I missing something?

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I am moving Ego Death into my ROTY prediction. It has all of the ingredients to be a summer smash.

• A huge collaboration between 4 stars
    • A big hook that is memorable and immediately recognizable
    • A fire beat that demands to be turned up
    • Perfect middle ground between sounding so fresh but still being a radio friendly pop song
    • Cross genre appeal. Gonna be a smash for fans of pop, hiphop, electronic, alternative, etc.
    • There really is a void for song of the summer this year that a song as weak as Rockstar is topping the charts. The charts are wide open just waiting for a smash like Ego Death

I would love to see it but its likely not happening. A POP DUO nod tho would be a good look for it.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I really enjoy these type of minimal bass house beats that Kanye was playing around with before he scrapped Yahndi and started getting obsessed with Jesus. It’s like if 2016 era DJ Mustard tried to do a classic house beat. Ego Death was supposedly originally a Kanye track featuring Ty Dolla before Kanye scrapped Yahndi. Then he gave the track to Ty which is only fair since Ty really does the heavy lifting on this song anyway.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

At the very minimum, Gaga finally has some competition in Pop Duo.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I think Harry will submit Watermelon Sugar in Record and Adore You in Song. Watermelon Sugar’s production is superior but its lyrics are silly. Adore You would be better for Song of the Year.

If I was his team I would Submit Adore You to both. Unless Watermelon Sugar takes off and reaches Adore You’s success, i would play it safe with the latter one only.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

If I was his team I would Submit Adore You to both. Unless Watermelon Sugar takes off and reaches Adore You’s success, i would play it safe with the latter one only.

watermelon sugar is predicted to enter the top 10 next week with limited airplay. it’s going to be just as big as adore you if not bigger

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Invasion of Privacy would have been an awful AOTY win, if they wanted to reward a black artist they could have chosen Dirty Computer which IMO was stronger, but we all knew it wasn’t happening

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

At the very minimum, Gaga finally has some competition in Pop Duo.

Idk why that “Ego Death” hasn’t grown on me yet.

Profile picture
    Taylor Wikoff
    Topics:

Oh and since Broadway was essentially nonexistent this year, what’s gonna happen with Musical Theater Album?

It’ll probably just go to either Moulin Rouge or Jagged Little Pill. Both are Jukebox musicals, both were the biggest new musicals before COVID-19, I would be shocked if either of them didn’t win. To fill out the category, we’ll probably see a random recording or two of an off-bway show like Soft Power, Octet, or A Strange Loop.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

To fill out the category, we’ll probably see a random recording or two of an off-bway show like Soft Power, Octet, or A Strange Loop.

I wonder if Dolly Parton’s name can carry the London production of 9 to 5 The Musical to a nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.