Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 536 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Jenny Lewis Fan
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Honey, no one gives a shit what Pitchfork and other major music publications think. You posters act like critics are the end-all-be-all. Plenty of artists have lost Album of the Year, despite being critically acclaimed.

Tell that to Kacey Musgraves.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Tell that to Kacey Musgraves.

And Lana Del Rey too.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Lol no. In Your Eyes remix made absolutely no noise and Doja being on it didn’t boost his chances.

I know but since they have nothing else to submit they should try lol.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

By the way I really don’t see why people think Doja should submit the Remix. I mean Savage Remix truly changed the song, made it better by miles and that version was the one succesful on the charts and that everybody listened to, like the Bad Blood Remix to take an example. The Say So remix was simply made to make some noise in the fight for number one but it added NOTHING to the song and didn’t even have chart success since 2 weeks after everybody forgot about it.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

After 2 years I still wonder how the Perfect (Remix) got snubbed lol. I mean there was a 3 way tie and 7 nominees so I still don’t understand how it didn’t get in Pop Duo. I feel like they really didn’t like the Divide era lol.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

After 2 years I still wonder how the Perfect (Remix) got snubbed lol. I mean there was a 3 way tie and 7 nominees so I still don’t understand how it didn’t get in Pop Duo. I feel like they really didn’t like the Divide era lol.

they gave Ed Sheeran 2 Grammy the prior year, they probably felt it was enough for that album

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

they gave Ed Sheeran 2 Grammy the prior year, they probably felt it was enough for that album

Another thing I still wonder is how Shape of You managed to beat Praying and Million Reasons for Pop Solo Performance. I mean I can understand Pop Vocal Album since Divide was HUGE and was ignored from the GF. But Kesha and Gaga’s song were by far better than SIO, and they surly gave a better performance.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Another thing I still wonder is how Shape of You managed to beat Praying and Million Reasons for Pop Solo Performance. I mean I can understand Pop Vocal Album since Divide was HUGE and was ignored from the GF. But Kesha and Gaga’s song were by far better than SIO, and they surly gave a better performance.

Same. But they made it up for Gaga by rewarding the weakest track in the pop solo lineup the following year. And yes, imo, Beck had better chances than Gaga.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Cause SOY is like one of the the biggest smash of this century, he would’ve easily won record and song if nominated

probably album too lol

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I feel like it has been so long since an A-lister delivered a big event album. We had like Fiona, The Weeknd, Gaga, Lil Uzi this year… but all of these albums didn’t seem like a huge cultural event like Astroworld or Lemonade where literally the world put everything on pause to listen to the album. I feel like what everyone needs right now is a huge event album from Rihanna or Adele. At least I can look forward to Lana Del Rey coming very soon. And Kendrick, Rihanna, Drake, Kanye and Adele should all be delivering sooner or later.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Shape of You is the most repulsive song I have ever heard. Every time I hear that song, I just feel so sorry for whatever poor girl had to have sex with Ed Sheeran.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Same. But they made it up for Gaga by rewarding the weakest track in the pop solo lineup the following year. And yes, imo, Beck had better chances than Gaga.

Yes awarding Gaga with Joanne in 2019 was pretty random, I probably had her last in the predictions list lol. I think Kesha was the most deserving in the 2018 lineup though.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Yes awarding Gaga with Joanne in 2019 was pretty random, I probably had her last in the predictions list lol. I think Kesha was the most deserving in the 2018 lineup though.

Kesha had the best song and album imo, she should’ve won both but the nominations were her reward.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

By the way I really don’t see why people think Doja should submit the Remix. I mean Savage Remix truly changed the song, made it better by miles and that version was the one succesful on the charts and that everybody listened to, like the Bad Blood Remix to take an example. The Say So remix was simply made to make some noise in the fight for number one but it added NOTHING to the song and didn’t even have chart success since 2 weeks after everybody forgot about it.

We ain’t talking about quality, we are talking about nominations. Say So does not stand a chance in Pop Solo but a nomination is 50/50. Why wouldn’t you want submit to Pop Duo since there is a few competition there? And also, the fact that Doja need to bring Nicki Minaj to go number one is telling.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

The more I think about it. Gaga is a threat to Album of the Year. If she gets in this would be her 4th nomination in that category. She’s overdue. She has done what she needed to do in order to get in. Critical acclaim, steady sales, #1 debut and a #1 single and the album is plain fire! The transition from Chromatica II to 911 alone deserves to win. My bets are on Stephanie.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.