Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 536 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Jenny Lewis Fan
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The more I think about it. Gaga is a threat to Album of the Year. If she gets in this would be her 4th nomination in that category. She’s overdue. She has done what she needed to do in order to get in. Critical acclaim, steady sales, #1 debut and a #1 single and the album is plain fire! The transition from Chromatica II to 911 alone deserves to win. My bets are on Stephanie.

You think Post Malone doesn’t but Gaga does? I do think Gaga can pick up Pop Vocal but Album of the Year is out of the question tbh. It really didn’t impact anything except being another Gaga release in her catalogue.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Gaga is definitely not a threat to win AOTY at all. Chromatica was not bad but 90% of voters will dismiss it as just another pop album. It didn’t improve upon the dance-pop of her early albums, the critical response was lukewarm, and it didn’t dominate the year commercially. There may or may not be a filler slot for her, but considering that she has been nominated three times and this album feels like she is treading water, I could easily see them giving that slot to a rising star or to a genre pick.

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

You think Post Malone doesn’t but Gaga does? I do think Gaga can pick up Pop Vocal but Album of the Year is out of the question tbh. It really didn’t impact anything except being another Gaga release in her catalogue.

port Malone although he has a great era isn’t what the Grammys typically reward. Gaga is a Grammy darling that is long overdue in Album if the Year. Posti is a pothead who has lost 6 times.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Those new BNA rules are so weird to me, anyone can be nominated now

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Post is 100% ahead of gaga in aoty

she’ll get a filler nom based on her name, that’s all

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

port Malone although he has a great era isn’t what the Grammys typically reward. Gaga is a Grammy darling that is long overdue in Album if the Year. Posti is a pothead who has lost 6 times.

Grammy darling is a stretch since they haven’t even nominated Gaga in AOTY since Born this Way, yet alone win. I mean there are other palatable wins. Abel doesn’t look like Post Malone, and well isn’t Gaga. Fiona Apple would be polarizing though, since she spews truth on the music industry. If she wins, expect a hectic speech here.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Those new BNA rules are so weird to me, anyone can be nominated now

Do you have any random picks that could make it to the final 8 and became eligible because of the rule change?

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Shape of You is the most repulsive song I have ever heard. Every time I hear that song, I just feel so sorry for whatever poor girl had to have sex with Ed Sheeran.

Most overrated song of all-time. How the fuck did this basically become the biggest global hit of the century ? Yikes 💀

The fact that this shit would have won ROTY/SOTY with that trash production and lyrics if nominated 💀

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Like white people as a collective can handle not being the center of attention for a day. Would love to see all the major category winners all be POC or black one day though.

1994 came pretty close with Whitney snatching ROTY + AOTY (most of the Bodyguard producers were black too) and Toni winning BNA. SOTY was also performed (but not written) by two black artists .A lot of black performers in the Pop categories too. Blackest year ever I think

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Kesha had the best song and album imo, she should’ve won both but the nominations were her reward.

I agree. I actually like Shape of You but Praying was much better and Rainbow was a great album.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

We are not even sure Gaga will get in AOTY, let alone a win.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The more I think about it. Gaga is a threat to Album of the Year. If she gets in this would be her 4th nomination in that category. She’s overdue. She has done what she needed to do in order to get in. Critical acclaim, steady sales, #1 debut and a #1 single and the album is plain fire! The transition from Chromatica II to 911 alone deserves to win. My bets are on Stephanie.

The problem with Chromatica winning AOTY is that it didn’t have either the huge sales and chart success of After Hours and Hollywood’s Bleeding or the huge critical acclaim of Future Nostalgia and Fetch the Bolt Cutters. Instead it hit an awkward middle ground of decent reviews and good-but-not-great sales that will guarentee it a nomination but make a win much more difficult. Not to mention that unlike Abel, Post, or Dua, Gaga didn’t have a huge chart success with a lot of longevity: Stupid Love flopped while Rain On Me hit #1 but peaked early and fell pretty fast afterwards. So I think that will make a Gaga win hard too.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I agree. I actually like Shape of You but Praying was much better and Rainbow was a great album.

Praying still gives me goosebumps to this day. It really was a special song.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Praying still gives me goosebumps to this day. It really was a special song.

The high note Kesha hits gives me chills every time I hear it.

Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

Fine line is coming back to top 5 and people still don´t believe he has chances in aoty. A JOKE

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.