Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 536 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Jenny Lewis Fan
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

I think Adele said in an interview a couple years ago that she was done naming her albums after her age number. She said she was content with leaving it as a trilogy.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I think Adele said in an interview a couple years ago that she was done naming her albums after her age number. She said she was content with leaving it as a trilogy.

”30 will be a drum and bass record to spite you eh”

Holy Trinity of Albums:

After Hours, Fetch the Bolt Cutters and What’s Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Taylor Wikoff
    Topics:

On if Gaga is a threat for AOTY, I think she could be IF she gets the nom. I’m not saying she is by any means a frontrunner or anything, but I could see there being a pathway for a win for her. After Hours is a great album but will polarize *certain* voters (let’s remember how hard it is for black artists to win AOTY), FTBC is amazing but will be way too weird for some voters and she has a weird relationship with the Academy and industry at large, and I doubt that voters will ever give Post AOTY unless he is truly undeniable. I could see either Chromatica or FN being the safe choice this year. If Gaga resumes promo, has a strong campaign (she will likely be the main push from Interscope), and is able to revive the era, I could see her as a dark horse considering how the others above her have some pretty big hurdles too.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

If Lana had released NFR only two days later, she would have missed the cutoff date and would instead be competing in the current eligibility period. We would have had a showdown Lana vs. The Weeknd vs. Fiona Apple instead of Lana vs. Billie.

I don’t know about that. I’m not even sure it was in the top 2 this year. But if it competed in the next cycle it would have been in even more trouble. The album would have been released so early in the voting period. She would have had some of the same issues FKA Twigs is having. While a lot of its acclaim did come from last year being such a weak year for music and Lana showing such “growth” as an artist. I don’t think she’d have as much critical and media push in this current environment. And I still don’t think enough industry people take Lana seriously enough, nor is she great at promoting and articulating her work.

I don’t see Gaga getting enough votes to win AOTY. She’s currently in my top four. But there will likely be at least a couple of bigger sellers. Dua, if nominated, will take quite a few dance-pop votes. It won’t be the most acclaimed, revered of the bunch. And there is no political or industry incentive to vote for her.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Haim- Women in Music Part lll
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

If Lana had released NFR only two days later, she would have missed the cutoff date and would instead be competing in the current eligibility period. We would have had a showdown Lana vs. The Weeknd vs. Fiona Apple instead of Lana vs. Billie.

Lana still wouldn’t of had a chance, simply because she didn’t put any effort into the era as a whole. NFR! is her best album to date, and she received a ton of acclaim and could’ve easily gone a Kacey route but that girl would never. She would’ve gotten the nom but I doubt she would win this year either.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I never understood why people thought Norman Fucking Rockwell had a chance in AOTY. I mean it didn’t get any love from Pop. I do think it was between Lizzo and Billie Eilish. Lizzo has support from the R&B community as well as maybe some support from the pop community. 3rd could be Ariana or Lana, but yeah I don’t think NFR was going to win.

Holy Trinity of Albums:

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I never understood why people thought Norman Fucking Rockwell had a chance in AOTY. I mean it didn’t get any love from Pop. I do think it was between Lizzo and Billie Eilish. Lizzo has support from the R&B community as well as maybe some support from the pop community. 3rd could be Ariana or Lana, but yeah I don’t think NFR was going to win.

When I think AOTY, I don’t think only about the artist alone. That’s why towards nominations, I ruled out IGOR because production and mixing on that album were (intentionally) bad.

Lest we forget, AOTY is an award for four sets of individuals, four of which Billie’s project checkmarked. That’s why I believe Bilie or any AOTY winner really wins.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, there is no “if.”  Lady Gaga is NOT getting an Album of the Year nomination.  Chromatica needed to be undeniable.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Honey, there is no “if.” Lady Gaga is NOT getting an Album of the Year nomination. Chromatica needed to be undeniable.

Not that I don’t agree, but what to you is getting AOTY nods this year?

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Not that I don’t agree, but what to you is getting AOTY nods this year?

Oh don’t worry he is not gonna predict anything. The only thing he can do is discrediting other people’s opinions and slut shaming singers he doesn’t like. I wonder what he’s still doing here, we would all be so happy to see him gone from this forum.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Jessie Ware’s “What’s Your Pleasure?” and Haim’s “Women in Music Part III” is shaping to be one of my favorite records.

Dance Music goes so hard during quarantine.

Holy Trinity of Albums:

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

What if Harry Styles sweeps the main categories this year? His album sounds like the type of safe music the Grammy’s love and Watermelon Sugar is peaking now.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

The Harry Styles overestimation is ridiculous. He’ll get 2/3 noms max and will probably lose them all.

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I believe the election will play a factor too. If Trump wins, the general protests and the BLM protests will see a peak again during Grammy voting. If Trump wins the election, I can see The Weeknd taking AOTY with ease as he’s still the most poppy pick out of the black artists in the running.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.