Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 459 total)
Created
4 days ago
Last Reply
42 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
ELIAS
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is long overdue for a General Field win. Unlike Abel, Gaga was actually competitive and deserved to win at least three times in the past (excluding the ever hurting snub for Bad Romance). I hope the Grammys are taking note

Overdue, yes. Can she win? Probably not. Rain On Me is not even pushed hard enough by her label. It’s taking for ever to gain airplay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

By the way, i’m starting to think that Billie will get into SOTY and will be excluded from Pop Solo. Doja might take her place in Pop Solo along with Harry, Dua, Post and Abel.

I actually think Lizzo will get a song nomination not Billie. Good As Hell checks all the boxes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I don’t see gaga winning for chromatica also, unless they pulled some huge ass campaign like billie’s, which I doubt it will happen..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Grammys are supposed to honour the best works in the World of Music and not the most well behaved artists.

I’ll say it again. Say So is one of the best songs of the season. It deserves a nomination for ROTY and it will get it

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The Grammys award the most safest, blandest music ever that people will remember as being greatest hits rather then amazing songs/albums of the year.

Nonetheless, if they really want to care about the best album, they would give it to Fiona Apple.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Get real!  “Say So” does NOT deserve a Record of the Year nomination.  That song is basic as fuck.  I can see it getting snubbed in the General Field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

correct me if i’m wrong, please:
    Lizzo’s Good As Hell with Ariana Grande could be eligible for this year’s Grammy awards as it is not an album track from the winning version of the album?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Y’all are underestimating Fine Line and The Chicks IMO. If Gaslighter is acclaimed (and it will be), they will sweep the country categories. They have pop appeal and are Grammy darlings. I look for them to get into at least one of the general fields.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lilly98
    Topics:

i do hope Say So gets snubbed, it’s overhyped imo and Dr Luke’s work doesn’t deserve to be acknowledged. In fact, he should be completely blacklisted by the Grammys. Maybe then it will force artists who want to be grammy nominated to think twice about working with him

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Get real! Lady Gaga is NOT long overdue for a General Field win. You must be smoked out to think that.

when you’ve received three consecutive Album of the Year nominations and be competitive for all, you’re surely overdue. You’re overdue when you had nominations that critics and audiences actually wanted you to win cos you were deserving

FYC:

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The Grammys are supposed to honour the best works in the World of Music and not the most well behaved artists.

I’ll say it again. Say So is one of the best songs of the season. It deserves a nomination for ROTY and it will get it

The way you miss the mark almost every single time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is long overdue for a General Field win. Unlike Abel, Gaga was actually competitive and deserved to win at least three times in the past (excluding the ever hurting snub for Bad Romance). I hope the Grammys are taking note

She absolutely isn’t overdue. And Chromatica has no hit that could win in SOTY or ROTY. Her only remote chance is AOTY which is not happening.

Gaga’s only recent chance at a general field win was Shallow at the 2019 awards. Other than that, she’s never been robbed or snubbed in SOTY/ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

She absolutely isn’t overdue. And Chromatica has no hit that could win in SOTY or ROTY. Her only remote chance is AOTY which is not happening. Gaga’s only recent chance at a general field win was Shallow at the 2019 awards. Other than that, she’s never been robbed or snubbed in SOTY/ROTY.

there’s Bad Romance that failed to get a nomination. Poker Face was most critics pick for ROTY in 2010. The Fame and Born This Way were competitive for AOTY. The Fame Monster too

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Say So’s path to Record of the Year will end the moment voters hear Dr. Luke’s name in the credits.

I agree. If anyone brings this up or her weird cam sessions with racists, it’ll be easy to convince a small group of people not to vote for her. Especially after this crazy year. Her best shot are categories with just a popular vote and no panel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The way you miss the mark almost every single time.

is Say So a bad song? I know the Grammys are mostly about hits, but Say So isn’t just good, it’s big enough as a hit

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.