Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 661 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Toni
M
  • JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Lizzo gets yet another BPSP nod too. But for the win, “Circles” is still my pick.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Lizzo gets yet another BPSP nod too. But for the win, “Circles” is still my pick.

I think Post would have a bigger chance if his Ozzy Osbourne collab was released as a single. It could win BPD/GP if successful. it’s getting the nod regardless, but it’s still filler. and the Grammys don’t seem to take Post seriously.

inb4 Hollywood’s Bleeding & MANIC being payed dust in BPVA

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Physical is very good. So is the video.

But yeah, calm down girls. It’s february.

Tooner
    Participant
    Topics:

Meghan Trainor has an absolute zero percent chance of getting anywhere right?

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I pray Lizzo makes a live album. She’s such a good performer. She should do a live version of “Cuz I Love You” so she’d snatch another Traditional R&B win.

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Meghan Trainor has an absolute zero percent chance of getting anywhere right?

She released new music?

Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Meghan Trainor will be a non-factor.  Her new album, Treat Yourself, was released today.

Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

kinda unrelated but it annoys me when people claim that Grammy winners are decided by a committee and not by all members of the Academy. like do they think 10 grumpy old straight cis heterosexual men decide nearly 90 categories on their own regardless of the fact that they don’t have expertease in a certain genre? lmao now this is related: I’m going to cackle when Lizzo’s submissions are revealed, because she will probably submit the following songs:

• Cuz I Love You: Best Traditional R&B Performance
    • Good As Hell: ROTY, SOTY, BPSP
    • Good As Hell Remix: BPD/GP

and I do believe Good As Hell will actually happen in both Pop Performance categories, since there is no effin Pop committee. they need one, specially in the year of Yummy, Stupid Love and Romance. imagine Charli making it to BPVA or Melodrama winning BPVA. ugh what a dream.

good as hell (original) is definitely too old to compete.. especially since it’s not apart of any album released in this year’s cycle.

Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie really is a resurrected Christopher cross isn’t she .. she swept the whole entire general field, had a number 1 single, and is set to release a song for a movie that she may get an Oscar nom for (too early to tell obviously but still). All things he has done…

cah
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we sure Adele is releasing her album by august?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Cuz I Love You (track) isn’t eligible for any category since it’s part of a Grammy-winning album.

She could submit a live version tho.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

good as hell (original) is definitely too old to compete.. especially since it’s not apart of any album released in this year’s cycle.

Cuz I Love You super deluxe came out this year. “Good as Hell” might be eligible.

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Cuz I Love You (track) isn’t eligible for any category since it’s part of a Grammy-winning album. She could submit a live version tho.

I have no idea why it would be ineligible. It makes no sense. Same with Happy and Havana and Hey Soul Sister which all had to settle for nominations for live performances. Can someone explain the rules to me?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo could happen in the R&B categories.

But Lizzo and Billie are not gonna happen in Pop or GF. We’ve seen this time after time. Ed Sheeran missing with Perfect after he swept (his genre). Bruno missing with Finesse after he swept. Gaga missing with ARUTW in the Pop Solo after she won it the previous year.

The only reason Gaga got a SOTY nomination again after Shallow, is because her album was actually eligible that year. So it’s more comparable to 1989 situation except that ASIB was blocked anyway.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts On Dua Lipa/Future Nostagalia:

Honestly, I feel very confident at this moment. She seems to have matured from her run of the mill Pop releases from the debut self-titled album Dua Lipa released back in 2017. Dua has created a shift within her sound, using house and dance-pop elements from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Literally one of the songs references “Physical” by Olivia Newton-John, but more refined towards this generation. I do agree she must have a huge hit on the album or a huge amount of critical success to compete within the award shows.

“Don’t Start Now” is definitely a dance recording song. It definitely would field weird not put it there due to the slick baseline, synth keys, and handclaps that fuel a Chicago house beat within the 90s. It sounds like a refined “electricity: anyways. If she submits it there, I am pretty sure it will stay there.

And tbh, Billie wasn’t even believed to be the frontrunner in January. I remember looking at the album cover and being like “Is this really Grammy worthy?” Good thing it was. Anyways. Dua is doing everything right. Her song is rising on the charts, and I hope radio learns to pick this song up within the next few weeks.

Critical success will be easy if she continues to make inventive dance-pop music within her next record, Future Nostalgia. All the songs have been strong, with top notch production and great visuals.

Future Nostalgia: BSVA, AOTY

Don’t Start Now: ROTY, SOTY, Dance Recording

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 661 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.