Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 661 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Toni
M
  • CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Taylor’s documentary is better. But I don’t see it being nominated either. Also she really needs to stop caring that much about the Grammy’s.

She doesn’t anymore. The whole documentary is about how she used to crave people’s respect but now her happiness and private life matter more to her. If she would care that much, she wouldn’t skip them for 4 years. The best Grammy campaign is actually performing at the show.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Miss Americana has pretty tepid reviews with a 65 MC and it’ll be forgotten by the time next Grammy season actually begins. She’s not getting nominated for that.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Miss Americana has pretty tepid reviews with a 65 MC and it’ll be forgotten by the time next Grammy season actually begins. She’s not getting nominated for that.

The difference between MC and RT is interesting. I think that every rotten on RT must have been included in the MC score and they left out the ~25 other positive reviews from RT.

That being said, I think she can be nominated. She still has a lot academy support and public opinion of her is rising. I think having the doc be released in January hurts her chances because hype will die down a lot. I’m not predicting it but I won’t be shocked if it ends up there

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between MC and RT is interesting. I think that every rotten on RT must have been included in the MC score and they left out the ~25 other positive reviews from RT. That being said, I think she can be nominated. She still has a lot academy support and public opinion of her is rising. I think having the doc be released in January hurts her chances because hype will die down a lot. I’m not predicting it but I won’t be shocked if it ends up there

It basically comes down to if she campaigns for The Emmys/Oscars(if eligible) and if she gets nominated there, she could maybe sneak in but I’m not betting on it.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between MC and RT is interesting. I think that every rotten on RT must have been included in the MC score and they left out the ~25 other positive reviews from RT.

That being said, I think she can be nominated. She still has a lot academy support and public opinion of her is rising. I think having the doc be released in January hurts her chances because hype will die down a lot. I’m not predicting it but I won’t be shocked if it ends up there

MC has a different, more accurate metric. For RT, any score that is 6+ is considered “fresh” and anything below that is “rotten”. That’s why Miss Americana has a 90% on there. MC counts every score individually and while some publications have more weight than others, it is more representative of what critics actually think. The 65 score means the overall consensus is “fine” or “decent”.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

So how much does MC score affect the Grammys again? If we’ve learned anything they don’t.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Steve.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

RT – how many people think a movie isn’t complete shit

MC – how good people actually think the movie iis

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

I know how MC and RT work but scrolling through the RT reviews there are lots that are above 80% that weren’t counted for MC.

Either way, I think she has a tossup chance of getting in. It’s too early to tell

Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift does NOT get nominated for everything.  She’ll probably get passed over.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

RT – how many people think a movie isn’t complete shit MC – how good people actually think the movie iis

Not always, many movies get so-so reviews that don’t reflect on the quality of the movie.

For example Fight Club, Se7en, The Prestige and more recently Jojo Rabbit
    Those movies were disliked or not very liked by critics but the user score is telling and means people do indeed like it. And consider great movies.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift does NOT get nominated for everything. She’ll probably get passed over.

Omg, Lotus has Ariana Grande as her profile photo. We won!

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

So how much does MC score affect the Grammys again? If we’ve learned anything they don’t.

If we are talking about acclaimed albums, a very highly acclaimed album (and MC score is a part of that) has a good chance of getting an AOTY nomination, as long as there are reasonable sales or other factors that create a buzz in the music world.

Recent albums from Lana Del Rey, Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monáe and Lorde are examples where acclaim certainly did affect the Grammy nominations.

But having a MC score of 80 vs 78 is pretty meaningless.

If we are talking purely about the Grammy for music score, perhaps someone else can check if there is any correlation with movie acclaim.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Now why does Gucci have Ariana in their profile picture? The simulation is glitching.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Now why does Gucci have Ariana in their profile picture? The simulation is glitching.

Even Gucci feels sorry for her snub/loses.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It just shows she doesn’t have passion for it. It’s not an event either.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 661 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.