Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Conan Gray is not happening anywhere <3

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, only delusional monsters thought Lady Gaga was happening in AOTY.

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Lady gaga is not winning in any big 4 categories again. Her album flopmatica came and went.

Rain on me can win pop duo only because of ariana. But rain on me starts flopping too.

Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

Stupid love is also not happening anywhere, nobody remembers that song. Gaga tried to hard to come back to her pop days but IT DIDN´T HAPPENED, she only has chances with rain on me in pop duo bc of ariana

Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

Any chance of BNA nom for Victoria Monét? She’s already been nominated for 2 Grammys (AOTY,ROTY) for her writing credits on Thank U, Next. With the new rules, she no longer has too many songs. She has an album coming out first week of August, she has good amount of hype. They only thing is I don’t know if she’s already submitted 3 times before, and the previous noms might work against her. Just curious because I haven’t seen her on anyone’s lists, honestly depending how the rest of 2020/21 goes I think she’d have better luck next year > this year, especially with 3 black women who have much better chances of getting in.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Any chance of BNA nom for Victoria Monét? She’s already been nominated for 2 Grammys (AOTY,ROTY) for her writing credits on Thank U, Next. With the new rules, she no longer has too many songs. She has an album coming out first week of August, she has good amount of hype. They only thing is I don’t know if she’s already submitted 3 times before, and the previous noms might work against her. Just curious because I haven’t seen her on anyone’s lists, honestly depending how the rest of 2020/21 goes I think she’d have better luck next year > this year, especially with 3 black women who have much better chances of getting in.

i’ve been thinking about her getting in here too. i want to add that her album is only 9 tracks, and is 1 part of 3 (like what miley was supposedly doing with she is coming etc) so i don’t know if the project will generate enough buzz. however, i do expect jaguar (the name of the project) to be well received.

i don’t know it any history with the grammys affects her chances but i do believe she is quite respected within the industry?

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande is NOT some Grammy darling.  Lady Gaga is way more respected than she is.  Ariana will get in thanks to Gaga, NOT the other way around.

With that said, “Rain On Me” is NOT happening in Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Music Video.  It’s NOT even the frontrunner in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

The point is that rain on me only made some noise bc of ariana

Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

i’ve been thinking about her getting in here too. i want to add that her album is only 9 tracks, and is 1 part of 3 (like what miley was supposedly doing with she is coming etc) so i don’t know if the project will generate enough buzz. however, i do expect jaguar (the name of the project) to be well received. i don’t know it any history with the grammys affects her chances but i do believe she is quite respected within the industry?

Im pretty sure if an artist has ever been nominated in a category before, than it can ruin their chances at BNA, because than their technically not considered “new” to voters ?? I don’t think it will matter much for her because it wasn’t her song/album, but I can’t be sure.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

This delusion. Blinding Lights is literally the biggest song of the year globally. He’s practically a frontrunner for both ROTY and SOTY

Yeah i think he’s got ROTY and SOTY in the bag

I would be surprised if Blinding Lights wins ROTY and SOTY.  There hasn’t been 3 sweeps in a row in those categories since the 90’s. I do think Blinding Lights will win ROTY and Pop Solo for sure, but not SOTY.

People are sleeping on Gaslighter for SOTY. It’s got topical lyrics that play extremely well in an anti-Trump America, plus the (Dixie) Chicks are huge Grammy darlings that have swept in the past. When the album Gaslighter comes out the song’s going to blow up and peak high on Billboard, then people will take it seriously.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, I don’t see Watermellon Sugar getting nominated for anything when Adore You will be a bigger hit, regardless of how high the former peaks (the latter has had insane longevity and that’s what matters).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Reminder that Abel will be a GF winner come 2021!

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

The last song on an album really makes or breaks the album for me. That’s why I’m indifferent / almost negative about Future Nostalgia, and really negative about Fine Line. Supposedly Harry’s closing title track was inspired by Bon Iver, my favourite band with a male vocalist, but the song has poor vocals, and I can’t decide if it bores or irritates me more.

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Also, I don’t see Watermellon Sugar getting nominated for anything when Adore You will be a bigger hit, regardless of how high the former peaks (the latter has had insane longevity and that’s what matters).

WS will be the bigger hit in the long run IMO

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

The last song on an album really makes or breaks the album for me. That’s why I’m indifferent / almost negative about Future Nostalgia, and really negative about Fine Line. Supposedly Harry’s closing title track was inspired by Bon Iver, my favourite band with a male vocalist, but the song has poor vocals, and I can’t decide if it bores or irritates me more.

So I assume I Know the End by Phoebe really got you, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.