Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 917 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Marcos
Megan
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

Any chance of BNA nom for Victoria Monét? She’s already been nominated for 2 Grammys (AOTY,ROTY) for her writing credits on Thank U, Next. With the new rules, she no longer has too many songs. She has an album coming out first week of August, she has good amount of hype. They only thing is I don’t know if she’s already submitted 3 times before, and the previous noms might work against her. Just curious because I haven’t seen her on anyone’s lists, honestly depending how the rest of 2020/21 goes I think she’d have better luck next year > this year, especially with 3 black women who have much better chances of getting in.

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Any chance of BNA nom for Victoria Monét? She’s already been nominated for 2 Grammys (AOTY,ROTY) for her writing credits on Thank U, Next. With the new rules, she no longer has too many songs. She has an album coming out first week of August, she has good amount of hype. They only thing is I don’t know if she’s already submitted 3 times before, and the previous noms might work against her. Just curious because I haven’t seen her on anyone’s lists, honestly depending how the rest of 2020/21 goes I think she’d have better luck next year > this year, especially with 3 black women who have much better chances of getting in.

i’ve been thinking about her getting in here too. i want to add that her album is only 9 tracks, and is 1 part of 3 (like what miley was supposedly doing with she is coming etc) so i don’t know if the project will generate enough buzz. however, i do expect jaguar (the name of the project) to be well received.

i don’t know it any history with the grammys affects her chances but i do believe she is quite respected within the industry?

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande is NOT some Grammy darling.  Lady Gaga is way more respected than she is.  Ariana will get in thanks to Gaga, NOT the other way around.

With that said, “Rain On Me” is NOT happening in Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Music Video.  It’s NOT even the frontrunner in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

i’ve been thinking about her getting in here too. i want to add that her album is only 9 tracks, and is 1 part of 3 (like what miley was supposedly doing with she is coming etc) so i don’t know if the project will generate enough buzz. however, i do expect jaguar (the name of the project) to be well received. i don’t know it any history with the grammys affects her chances but i do believe she is quite respected within the industry?

Im pretty sure if an artist has ever been nominated in a category before, than it can ruin their chances at BNA, because than their technically not considered “new” to voters ?? I don’t think it will matter much for her because it wasn’t her song/album, but I can’t be sure.

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

This delusion. Blinding Lights is literally the biggest song of the year globally. He’s practically a frontrunner for both ROTY and SOTY

Yeah i think he’s got ROTY and SOTY in the bag

I would be surprised if Blinding Lights wins ROTY and SOTY.  There hasn’t been 3 sweeps in a row in those categories since the 90’s. I do think Blinding Lights will win ROTY and Pop Solo for sure, but not SOTY.

People are sleeping on Gaslighter for SOTY. It’s got topical lyrics that play extremely well in an anti-Trump America, plus the (Dixie) Chicks are huge Grammy darlings that have swept in the past. When the album Gaslighter comes out the song’s going to blow up and peak high on Billboard, then people will take it seriously.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, I don’t see Watermellon Sugar getting nominated for anything when Adore You will be a bigger hit, regardless of how high the former peaks (the latter has had insane longevity and that’s what matters).

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Reminder that Abel will be a GF winner come 2021!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

The last song on an album really makes or breaks the album for me. That’s why I’m indifferent / almost negative about Future Nostalgia, and really negative about Fine Line. Supposedly Harry’s closing title track was inspired by Bon Iver, my favourite band with a male vocalist, but the song has poor vocals, and I can’t decide if it bores or irritates me more.

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Also, I don’t see Watermellon Sugar getting nominated for anything when Adore You will be a bigger hit, regardless of how high the former peaks (the latter has had insane longevity and that’s what matters).

WS will be the bigger hit in the long run IMO

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

The last song on an album really makes or breaks the album for me. That’s why I’m indifferent / almost negative about Future Nostalgia, and really negative about Fine Line. Supposedly Harry’s closing title track was inspired by Bon Iver, my favourite band with a male vocalist, but the song has poor vocals, and I can’t decide if it bores or irritates me more.

So I assume I Know the End by Phoebe really got you, right?

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Honey, “Adore You” is shitty.  “Watermelon Sugar” sucks.  Voters better NOT go for that crap. BARF!

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

So I assume I Know the End by Phoebe really got you, right?

Yes 🙂 I like the way it pairs with DVD Menu. Snakeskin is also the perfect end to SAWAYAMA. Cut My Hair was a grower for me, but Two Hands is my fav of the eligibility period.

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Hey guys, I’m new here, I did my predictions some weeks ago.

Anyways, do you have any predictions for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical and those technical categories? I think After Hours should be submitted and nominated, it’s a well constructed album overall, has those transitions all over it and plus Illangelo, one of the main producers, is a credited engineer/mixer, and has Serban Ghenea, previous nominee and winner. At the same time I don’t really think neither Abel or his team/label even know those categories exist (and has helped previous AOTY nominees, but that’s not the main focus here).

As for Fiona, she should definitely submit as well and I see FTBC like Blackstar/Sound & Color, being either blocked or nominated for AOTY but sweeping those categories since it has big names attached to the engineering/mixing. However, she doesn’t care about Grammys (she doesn’t even know where her “Crminal” one is) and mainstream media in general, and if there’s submissions it will be by Epic, not her team.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

As for pop categories, my current predictions are (not based on personal taste, just as they are announced by the artists surname):

Best Pop Vocal Album
    1. Lady Gaga – Chromatica
    2. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
    3. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding
    4. Harry Styles – Fine Line
    (a name check or dark horse. I see either Romance or Changes here, or even Map of the Soul: 7, but any other album here I feel it will be a filler nom.)

Best Pop Solo Performance
    1. Doja Cat – Say So
    2. Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
    3. Post Malone – Circles
    4. Harry Styles – Adore You/Watermelon Sugar
    5. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights
    (I would put a name check like Kelly or Gaga, but who knows. also have my doubts regarding Say So and Doja herself.)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    1. Justin Bieber (feat. Quavo) – Intetions
    2. Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain on Me
    3. Maroon 5 – Memories
    4. twenty one pilots – Level of Concern

Such a really weak year for the latter category. I won’t predict – yet – those tiktok songs like Supalonely, death bed, but once again who knows, since they apparently like to nominate those catchy and “alternative”/moody songs here (like feel it still, ship to wreck, the 2017 winner stressed out), especially to fill the noms in a weak year like this one.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 917 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.