Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, “Adore You” is shitty.  “Watermelon Sugar” sucks.  Voters better NOT go for that crap. BARF!

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

So I assume I Know the End by Phoebe really got you, right?

Yes 🙂 I like the way it pairs with DVD Menu. Snakeskin is also the perfect end to SAWAYAMA. Cut My Hair was a grower for me, but Two Hands is my fav of the eligibility period.

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Hey guys, I’m new here, I did my predictions some weeks ago.

Anyways, do you have any predictions for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical and those technical categories? I think After Hours should be submitted and nominated, it’s a well constructed album overall, has those transitions all over it and plus Illangelo, one of the main producers, is a credited engineer/mixer, and has Serban Ghenea, previous nominee and winner. At the same time I don’t really think neither Abel or his team/label even know those categories exist (and has helped previous AOTY nominees, but that’s not the main focus here).

As for Fiona, she should definitely submit as well and I see FTBC like Blackstar/Sound & Color, being either blocked or nominated for AOTY but sweeping those categories since it has big names attached to the engineering/mixing. However, she doesn’t care about Grammys (she doesn’t even know where her “Crminal” one is) and mainstream media in general, and if there’s submissions it will be by Epic, not her team.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

As for pop categories, my current predictions are (not based on personal taste, just as they are announced by the artists surname):

Best Pop Vocal Album
    1. Lady Gaga – Chromatica
    2. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
    3. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding
    4. Harry Styles – Fine Line
    (a name check or dark horse. I see either Romance or Changes here, or even Map of the Soul: 7, but any other album here I feel it will be a filler nom.)

Best Pop Solo Performance
    1. Doja Cat – Say So
    2. Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
    3. Post Malone – Circles
    4. Harry Styles – Adore You/Watermelon Sugar
    5. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights
    (I would put a name check like Kelly or Gaga, but who knows. also have my doubts regarding Say So and Doja herself.)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    1. Justin Bieber (feat. Quavo) – Intetions
    2. Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain on Me
    3. Maroon 5 – Memories
    4. twenty one pilots – Level of Concern

Such a really weak year for the latter category. I won’t predict – yet – those tiktok songs like Supalonely, death bed, but once again who knows, since they apparently like to nominate those catchy and “alternative”/moody songs here (like feel it still, ship to wreck, the 2017 winner stressed out), especially to fill the noms in a weak year like this one.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Y’all hate to see it but Gaga can still easily get in all three pop categories and be competitive in two of them!

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Y’all hate to see it but Gaga can still easily get in all three pop categories and be competitive in two of them!

Not happening. Not even Gaga herself cares about her own era anymore. It died a month ago. Unless I’m mistaken, there isn’t even a single performance of any of the singles from this era so far.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

she only has chances with rain on me in pop duo bc of ariana

This is however not true, rom would’ve probably happened with or without ariana. It’s a good song and certainly better than stupid love. Gaga is still far more respected than Ariana as far as the grammy’s are concerned.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga may NOT win a damn thing this cycle.  She isn’t undeniable.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

She’s clearly loved by the pop field voters, but not undeniable, just like Kelly Clarkson with those filler noms.

Competitive? I don’t know, I have her at #1 for Pop Duo/Group for sure, but this category is not that obvious, in my opinion. I don’t think they will give her second BPVA since the previous one was The Fame Monster, the only possible one that should’ve won in 2011 and her most deserving win, and she’ll face two albums that will probably be more freshier when the voting period comes (besides Hollywood’s Bleeding).

At most, I see they name-checking her for “Stupid Love” even though everyone knew this would fade away fast, hope this doesn’t do the “Joanne” thing especially when there’s three real competitors.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

She will be shut out of the general categories

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, no worries.  “Stupid Love” is NOT happening.  Lady Gaga will get two Pop nominations and no wins.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance;
    “Circles” (Post Malone)
    “Say So” (Doja Cat)
    “I’m Alive” (Norah Jones)
    “Don’t Start Now” (Dua Lipa)
    “Blinding Lights” (The Weeknd)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
    “Memories” (Maroon 5)
    “Egungun Be Careful” (Obesere & Zlatan)
    “Level of Concern” (twenty one pilots)
    “The Steps” (HAIM)
    “Rain on Me” (Lady Gaga * Ariana Grande)

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I don’t think we are having the 5 Pop Solo nominees: The Weeknd, Post Malone, Dua Lipa, Harry Styles and/or Doja Cat. Maybe Stupid Love or Anyone. I am sticking with these 5 just in case, but yeah. A veteran will sneak in.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I don’t think we are having the 5 Pop Solo nominees: The Weeknd, Post Malone, Dua Lipa, Harry Styles and/or Doja Cat. Maybe Stupid Love or Anyone. I am sticking with these 5 just in case, but yeah. A veteran will sneak in.

I thought they just pinned everything at 5?

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I could see Fall On Me by Christina Aguilera and A  Great Big World getting into Pop Duo. That unexpected one in 2019 had us shook.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.