Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 931 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I could see Fall On Me by Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World getting into Pop Duo. That unexpected one in 2019 had us shook.

And the pair have won too.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I thought they just pinned everything at 5?

im talking about the top 5: Doja Cat, The Weeknd, Post Malone, Dua Lipa and Harry Styles.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

im talking about the top 5: Doja Cat, The Weeknd, Post Malone, Dua Lipa and Harry Styles.

ok

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Stupid Love is awesome and was in top 10 of Best Songs of 2020 by Billboard. Critics love it

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

I could see Fall On Me by Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World getting into Pop Duo. That unexpected one in 2019 had us shook.

Honey, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance is so shitty that “Fall On Me” by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera can easily get in.  Plus, they’re previous winners of that category.

Gucci was NOT shook. Gucci was like the only poster that predicted “Fall In Line” for a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nomination.  🙂

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I don’t understand why people keep saying Stupid Love is a good song when it’s the most basic track Gaga ever made + it flopped hard and made zero noise. She should just make Alice or Fun Tonight a single towards the end of the eligibility period and submit one of them for Pop Solo, hoping they become succesful in time for the voting. That way the album will also feel fresher on voters’ eyes.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I also think Fall On Me has a good chance in getting in. The fact that this same pair already won a Grammy againist some of the biggest hits of the year (one even nominated for ROTY) should say something. Plus the fact that the category is really weak is another helping factor.

As of now I see this being the Pop Duo/Group shortlist:

1. Rain On Me – Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande
    2. Intentions – Justin Bieber & Quavo
    3. Memories – Maroon 5
    4. My Oh My – Camila Cabello ft. DaBaby
    5. Fall On Me – A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
    Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

It’d be sad but not surprising to find the Grammys focus on majorly music popping in the US. I feel sorry for voters at times. I feel they have more than a lot to listen to, even though that’s kinda their job. I just hope the nominees can be as pleasantly surprising as possible and not 7 kinda surprising. Not that I’m complaining, but some genres have been completely shut out from the GF. Can the Grammys be more like Cannes? lol

Anyway, I got a bucket load of predictions for World Music Album but I need some of your thoughts to help me narrow them down.

The Grammys are American, so obviously they are going to nominate what is shaping America.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I don’t understand why people keep saying Stupid Love is a good song when it’s the most basic track Gaga ever made + it flopped hard and made zero noise. She should just make Alice or Fun Tonight a single towards the end of the eligibility period and submit one of them for Pop Solo, hoping they become succesful in time for the voting. That way the album will also feel fresher on voters’ eyes.

Chromatica was just released in the ending of May

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Cardi B should host the Grammys.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

right and so it only took about a month to feel irrelevant …

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

By the time they vote in october/november ROM will already be a few months old and it doesn’t seem like it’s gonna have a lot of longevity. She will need to have another single to keep the interest high. And maybe to get a Pop Solo nod, since I don’t really feel like SL can cut it.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, that racist bitch Camila Crapbello may get snubbed.  She does NOT have a hit as big as “Havana” in contention.  “My Oh My” is practically forgotten.  Plus, Romance feels like old news.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Honey, that racist bitch Camila Crapbello may get snubbed. She does NOT have a hit as big as “Havana” in contention. “My Oh My” is practically forgotten. Plus, Romance feels like old news.

My Oh My was a radio hit and the category is really weak so I think the nomination is really possible. I also think that she is in the race to get the BPVA filler nod, I would chose her between Justin, Selena or Halsey.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, remember, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance does NOT always nominate radio hits.  Expect some curveballs/non-hits to be in the mix.

Justin Bieber, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, Post Malone, and Harry Styles are all ahead of that racist Camila in Best Pop Vocal Album.  The bitch is vulnerable.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.