Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I like Justin and his vocals were great on it, but man Changes is bad! The only exception being “Intentions.” I really hope they snub him in Pop Vocal Album.

Meanwhile LOL @ some of y’all proclaiming how much better certain artists’ albums are that have zero chance at scoring a Grammy nom. You might want to consider starting an indie pop thread.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Yeah it is completely unrealistic, but in a just world there would be room for Jessie, Charli and Rina in pop vocal album. I would be shocked if even one of them got in.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

You post way too many essays on here that have nothing to do with Grammy predictions. No one cares about how much you dislike Dua Lipa. Post your predictions and go!

I think someone is pressed because someone has something bad to say about an album. Especially since it’s not just us saying that Boys Will Be Boys is a trash song.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

I think someone is pressed because someone has something bad to say about an album. Especially since it’s not just us saying that Boys Will Be Boys is a trash song.

Lol. My issue is that user posts unnecessary essays that no one asks for and randomly calls Dua Lipa “mediocre” / “juvenile” / “cliche” because he does not enjoy her music.

He’s also saying stuff like “She’s no Adele or Amy Winehouse” when NO ONE is comparing them together.

I appreciate users who post their predictions without trying to be Gucci or PleaseFeedTheTroll.

Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

ROTY PREDICTIONS: “Circles” (Post Malone) “Sometimes” (H.E.R.) “The Box” (Roddy Ricch) “Egungun Be Careful” (Obesere & Zlatan) “Savage” (Remix) (Megan Thee Stallion featuring Beyoncé) “People, I’ve been sad” (Christine and the Queens) “Say So” (Doja Cat) “Johnny” (Sarah Jarosz)

I would love for Christine and the Queens to get a Grammy nod, sadly that’s never happening

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Wonder if Laura Marling can sneak in SOTY, especially considering how weak the category’s looking. Both the title track (“Song For Our Daughter”) and “Held Down” would be deserving of nods imo.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I can’t wait for Dua and Harry’s fanbases to reach high school so they can move on to more mature music and these no-talent industry plants can disappear forever. How are these people even in the same conversation with Fiona Apple? FOH. Doja Cat and even Gaga would be a million times more worthy of the pop slot in AOTY.

Whats the difference between Doja Cat and Lady Gaga then Harry Styles and Dua Lipa?

FYC:

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile-like predictions anyone?

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Lol. My issue is that user posts unnecessary essays that no one asks for and randomly calls Dua Lipa “mediocre” / “juvenile” / “cliche” because he does not enjoy her music.

Honey there is 20 forum pages dedicated to “the Grammys” which have 3somes, who’s better Taylor Swift or Beyoncé, Cancel culture, and 69. And we are talking about “unnecessary?

Homie, we were literally ranking the best pop albums that have nothing to do with the Grammys.

Thats his opinion, but I don’t even with half the things he/she said. Again, how is Hot Pink the better album?

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Ignore them. ELIAS has been smoking too for some time. Earlier, i used to respect his/her posts and predictions but nowadays, he/she is talking superdumb.

who are you again? Weren’t you predicting Don’t Start Now then Blinding Lights and Circles? The antagonizing from Taylor Swift stan. I have better things to do.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Also, I don’t have Future Nostalgia, I was the one who created the thread. But again I can see some flaws, not every great album is perfect, unless your Fetch the Bolt Cutters.

FYC:

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

He’s also saying stuff like “She’s no Adele or Amy Winehouse” when NO ONE is comparing them together.

People calling for FN to win in SOTY, ROTY and AOTY are implying that she’s in the same league as Adele and Amy, perhaps even higher than Amy since Amy has never won AOTY.

I’m not calling her music cliche because I don’t like it. I’m calling it cliche because she can’t write an original lyric or sentiment to save her life. I cited the entire chorus of Physical, it is so generic that it sounds like it was written by an AI. Dua is queen of the basics for now, until the industry marketing machine finds some new relatable girl-next-door type to make famous and throw their payola at. Dua winning in the GF would be more embarrassing than Bruno.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

not every great album is perfect, unless your Fetch the Bolt Cutters.

True that.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

Any gaga predictions?  Her album is underperforming.

It looks like she is only getting 2 nominations in pop categories

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

People calling for FN to win in SOTY, ROTY and AOTY are implying that she’s in the same league as Adele and Amy, perhaps even higher than Amy since Amy has never won AOTY.

Not a single user on here has said/implied she’s sweeping the GF.

I cited the entire chorus of Physical, it is so generic that it sounds like it was written by an AI. Dua is queen of the basics for now

“Physical” chorus is:

All night, I’ll riot with you
    I know you got my back and you know I got you
    So come on, come on, come on
    Let’s get physical
    Lights out, follow the noise
    Baby, keep on dancing like you ain’t got a choice
    So come on, come on, come on
    Let’s get physical

How does that sound like it was written by an AI? For a dark pop song that you’re supposed to dance to, its lyrics are decent.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.