Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

sis better come for Spoken Word Album!!!!

As she should!!

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Thats the whole point. Producers help define pop artists. Charli XCX has AG Cook. Rina Sawayama has Clarence Clarity. Gaga has Bloodpop. Those producers helped define that sound regardless if its average. That’s why I do think Dua Lipa will be nominated come November.

All of these artists are more competent songwriters, lyricists and vocalists than Dua. I also predict she will be nominated at least twice in the GF but I will be pissed if she wins.

In pop music. The last person to do it, while the general public noticed was Daft Punk. It’s not your average synthpop. If you can point me into someone who has retro disco, house, and synthpop, in the mainstream, that doesn’t sound like modern day dance music, by all means. Dua feels retro yet fresh.

Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue, The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Calvin Harris, Katy Perry (Chained to the Rhythm), Jessie J, Beyoncé (Blow), DNCE (Cake By the Ocean), Toro Y Moi, many many more

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

OMFG queen mother Lana is coming to bless our ears this month, and again in September!!! I don’t even care if it is a poetry album, that shit is going on heavy rotation while I wait for the full album. A generous queen we do not deserve her.

Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

BPVA does not have a committee to push BTS through for ratings, and they can’t win in a general vote. All of the best songs of Map of the Soul: 7 came out like 2 or more years ago and they didn’t have any hits this last year. Black Pink seems to be a bigger deal than BTS now.

I know that disliking a boyband, specially a kpop one, seems like the norm around here but some of y’all sound so pretentious when talking about those guys. The songs that are not new in MOTS: 7 are from last year’s EP, not from “2 or more years ago”, and saying that BLACKPINK is bigger than them is just a stretch.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

sis better come for Spoken Word Album!!!!

Edit: where is the receipts? I don’t see anything there? Anyways….

I saw it on twitter, you can find it here: https://twitter.com/LanaismPoland
    Also there is a pre sale of the album on Amazon’s site

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

It’s sad to think how Katy was so big just a few years ago. One bad era and you find yourself out of the game, music industry really is cruel.

I think Katy Perry’s fall from fame had less to do with her music and more to do with her being a walking cringe factory. She was never going survive into the social media age.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

All of these artists are more competent songwriters, lyricists and vocalists than Dua. I also predict she will be nominated at least twice in the GF but I will be pissed if she wins.

The only one is Rina. Sis Charli always talks bout Partying, Falling in Love, and Heartbreak. Especially on Charli.

Lady Gaga is a universal pop star, she talks about universal pop ideas.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Idk I consider Charli one of the better pop songwriters of the last decade. She does like to sing about partying and falling in love, but  she is able to do so in a way that seems more like she is writing about her life and not just resorting to cliches. She is a story teller, she has clever lyrics and complex rhyme schemes for pop, she sometimes has undeniable hooks (I Don’t Care, I Love It!) and she has interesting taste in production. Charli is definitely her worst album I agree.

I actually like most of the singles off of Dua’s first album, there are like four very solid singles on that album and then a truckload of filler. I just think the production budget went up on FN and they polished everything up while the songwriting took a nosedive.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue, The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Calvin Harris, Katy Perry (Chained to the Rhythm), Jessie J, Beyoncé (Blow), DNCE (Cake By the Ocean), Toro Y Moi, many many more

Justin Timberlake- Man on the Woods? Nope.

The Weeknd- yes Retro, but more new wave and synth pop then disco and 70s dance music on After Hours and Starboy

Calvin Harris- this one agree with, but the man doesn’t release albums. And isn’t a pop artist.

Kylie Minogue and Jessie J- didn’t know they were relevant.

Bruno Mars- Unorthodox Jukebox was released before Random Access Memories. Treasure goes hard to this day.

One song does not mean they have a retro/disco/house sound. Yet none are know for that sound.

Toro y Moi aren’t mainstream.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Get real!  “You Need to Calm Down” was NOT a hit.  That song flopped.  Voters just decided to lick Taylor Swift’s crusty vajayjay.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

It’s sad to think how Katy was so big just a few years ago. One bad era and you find yourself out of the game, music industry really is cruel.

this is true for really huge artists. It’s harder for them to recover after a fall compared to more moderately successful artists. However, anyone with the right music or projects can recover

However I don’t think Smile will be that project for Katy.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

No offense but Dua Lipa’s sound is nothing new.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I like both Chromatica and Future Nostalgia. Yes Chromatica has more meaningful lyrics but it’s not Gaga’s best lyricism either. Also Dua is not the type of artists that get deep with her lyrics. She just like to make fun pop tunes. It’s always been that way. New Rules is actually her most lyrically creative song.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Idk I consider Charli one of the better pop songwriters of the last decade. She does like to sing about partying and falling in love, but  she is able to do so in a way that seems more like she is writing about her life and not just resorting to cliches. She is a story teller, she has clever lyrics and complex rhyme schemes for pop, she sometimes has undeniable hooks (I Don’t Care, I Love It!) and she has interesting taste in production. Charli is definitely her worst album I agree.

I consider Charli her best album because of the hooks and production. I agree with Anthony Fantano that it’s her most versatile record yet sonically. I mean I like the “I go to clubs, party, do drugs and get drunk because I can’t handle my personal life”. The album never feels heard to get through and I never skip a track.

How I’m Feeling Now is best lyrically. Even though she say Party for You over and over, her hooks snap, her talking about life during the pandemic is amazing. On C 2.0 about missing her click. Anthems and Forever on life during COVID and miss her boo. 7 years about reflecting about her time with her boyfriend. Pink Diamond (goes hard asf) missing to get out the energy, going outside and living. And visions about seeing her boo like COVID never happened.

FYC:

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Justin Timberlake made his solo-artist breakthrough with a disco sound on songs like Rock Your Body, and has had disco songs on every album except for Man of the Woods. The Weeknd’s I Feel it Coming is a better take on modern disco than any recent song. Jessie J had hits only a few years ago although she was never A-list. Kylie was also a huge star like 15 years ago off doing disco and house infused pop. Her legacy is large enough that she headlined NY Pride only a few years ago when tons of pop divas have never been invited to headline pride.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.