Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    swadloonize
    Topics:

There’s no way BTS is going to be nominated in Best Pop Vocal Album, especially when a chunk of the album comes from MOTS: Persona, an album that got no nods. If BTS is gonna grab some nominations it’d be in Best Music Video and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, and Rain on Me is the highest contender for both of those categories.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Get real! “Rain On Me” is NOT the highest contender in Best Music Video. In fact, it’s not getting nominated there.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Aren’t you the same one who’s had a meltdown anytime someone had something negative to say about After Hours?

whats there negative to say? I mean the only thing I can think of is that Post Malone has better sales then The Weeknd. Other then that no one said anything negative about the songs that has backing opinion. They said it was “filler”, yet every song applies to the theme of the album. Sooo

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

There’s no way BTS is going to be nominated in Best Pop Vocal Album, especially when a chunk of the album comes from MOTS: Persona, an album that got no nods. If BTS is gonna grab some nominations it’d be in Best Music Video and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, and Rain on Me is the highest contender for both of those categories.

Eh. I feel like a lot of you are selling them a little short. Of 5 spots they’re still an undeniable top 15 which means a lot, especially with that 5th spot being a free for all right now.
    My list for BPVA is
    1. Dua Lipa
    2.Lady Gaga
    3.Post Malone
    4.Harry Styles

————————

5. Camilla Cabello
    6.Justin Bieber
    7.BTS
    8.Coldplay
    9.Halsey
    10.Selena

**Sam Smith above 5 if he releases by September

also I don’t even think Rain On me will be nominated for BMV, let alone win.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I’m on the fence for that last spot for Pop Vocal, whether is Justin or Camila. Both are already getting a nomination for Pop Duo/Group, so I mean I ain’t really off, but yeah, it ain’t cute.

Also, SAWAYAMA personally should take that last Pop Vocal spot. God hear our prayers.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Justin Bieber is a Grammy winner.  I feel like he’s ahead of Camila ‘Racist’ Cabello in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

I don’t really comprehend all the love Future Nostalgia is getting. It’s a solid, well produced pop record. But the production, the lyrics, Ms Dua’s performances don’t give me anything truly distinct or special. I am however uncomfortable with the few posters here dedicated to constantly trashing her and the album. Harry’s music is indeed basic as hell. That would be fine and he and his fans didn’t act as if he was reinventing to wheel. He depends on his image, music videos, interviews to make it seem as if he’s doing something legit different.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Haim- Women in Music Part lll
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

What happened to talking unnecessary when you have talking to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé?

Also, get out this week shit that Dua Lipa is generic asf. Future Nostalgia, while doesn’t go full disco, still is a huge pop album that doesn’t sound like anything, even with the synthpop found today.

Huge where?

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional! Taylor Swift is NOT a great songwriter. Any 16-year-old can write those juvenile, rather pedestrian lyrics. Also, girlfriend needs to stop obsessing over the Grammy Awards. The bitch has won way too many Grammys (Album of the Year).

Oh so who do you think is a great songwriter? Your favourite Xtina that didn’t even write most of her crap? Just shut the fuck up.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

The fifth slot in pop vocal album is a total tossup. Justin and Camilla are the most likely since they are big names, but everyone hated their albums. Halsey is the next most likely, she is less famous but more people liked her album. BTS is after that, their album has a lot of old songs on it that didn’t get nominated last year, and this is the first year that their fame level didn’t continue to rise. Coldplay is next after that, nobody listened to their album but they could get the name-check voters. Charli is next. She is probably not famous enough, she has never been embraced by the radio except for Boom Clap and I Don’t Care, but she still gets 100 million+ streams on songs and has a dedicated fanbase. Selena is not happening. I think everyone is aware that she is nothing more than a former Disney girl.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional! Taylor Swift is NOT a great songwriter. Any 16-year-old can write those juvenile, rather pedestrian lyrics. Also, girlfriend needs to stop obsessing over the Grammy Awards. The bitch has won way too many Grammys (Album of the Year).

Is there anybody you DO like? You’re insufferable

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I don’t really see why Rain on Me should be the frontrunner for Music Video. This is clearly a green screen video that was shot in one day. The choreo is simple, and there are so many cuts so rather than learning actual choreo for a long shot, they only had to learn a bunch of 2 second snips of dance and just spliced them together. There are zero outfit changes, Gaga just puts on a chain vest over her same outfit. The production budget on ROM just feels small even compared to her first three albums which had multiple giant expensive sets, difficult tracking shots and complex cinematography, multiple outfit changes, huge casts of backup dancers, etc.

This is the one category where BTS actually deserves to win. Koreans have been spending more money and putting more effort into their choreo and music videos than Americans for years. Why should Gaga win for a low effort green screen video when these boys actually learned difficult choreo? The choreo in Black Swan just absolutely murders the choreo of any western star except for maybe FKA Twigs or Normani.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Huge where?

Internationally, sis you really try. Also, she has number for her. She grew.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Argentine but not Messi
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Oh THX for warning me. I didn’t remember that Roddy has already won a grammy.</p>

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Argentine but not Messi
    Topics:

I don’t think Changes is getting nominated. Critics gave it a very lukewarm reception and it was a huge flop outside of Intentions, which did pretty well. Bieber will get a Pop Duo nod for Intentions but that will be it. I think the 5th nom for Pop Vocal Album is going to be something no one is expecting like Sam Smith (if he releases in time), Coldplay, or BTS. If there was ever a year for BTS to get nominated, it would be this year.

MMM… But horrible albums like Evolve by Imagine Dragons, Bangerz by Miley  Cyrus and Number 6 Collaborations Project by Ed Sheeran have  been nominated despite the critics. They’ve been considered for their comercial success more than their quality.

And Changes has some of the most successful singles of this year so it’s impossible to not consider Justin for BPVA or BPR&BA.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.