Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Argentine but not Messi
    Topics:

The fifth slot in pop vocal album is a total tossup. Justin and Camilla are the most likely since they are big names, but everyone hated their albums. Halsey is the next most likely, she is less famous but more people liked her album. BTS is after that, their album has a lot of old songs on it that didn’t get nominated last year, and this is the first year that their fame level didn’t continue to rise. Coldplay is next after that, nobody listened to their album but they could get the name-check voters. Charli is next. She is probably not famous enough, she has never been embraced by the radio except for Boom Clap and I Don’t Care, but she still gets 100 million+ streams on songs and has a dedicated fanbase. Selena is not happening. I think everyone is aware that she is nothing more than a former Disney girl.

Yes. I’m not a Halsey fan but her album esa very refreshing so I Hope she made the cut. Also, I think it’s important to consider Céline Dion’s Courage: She’s multiple grammy winner, she’s come with a new sound, the album reached n° 1 on billboard and It contains a lot of famous songwriters and producers… Don’t sleep at her.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

But horrible albums like Evolve by Imagine Dragons, Bangerz by Miley Cyrus

Bangerz has some of Mike Will’s best production, and I know the cultural appropriation is problematic but it is maybe the best trap-pop crossover album of that era. In hindsight looking back at the song 4×4 , Miley Cyrus was waaaay ahead of Young Thug or Lil Nas X on the country rap trend.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Some of y’all seem to underestimate BTS in this forum and it’s pretty interesting and unfortunate, so let me clarify some things

1. BTS is the biggest kpop group, if not the biggest group, in America right now. Comparing them to other kpop groups is just not realistic, with them cracking the top 5 this year and others not even able to crack the top 30.

2. MOTS:7 does not have a bunch of old songs. The first five were in their previous EP from last year and the rest are new. They added the songs from Persona because is part of their concept/storyline.

3. The chances for them getting a nom this year are higher than i expected. BPVA is a close race with Camila and Justin for the 5th spot. BPDG is a close race as well. I even would call them a close lock for BMV.

Also, saying that this year was the one in which their fame didn’t increase is a lie too. MOTS:7 is the second biggest debut after The Weeknd and the biggest pure sales debut in America.

Call this post a “rant”, but I find disappointing how a Korean group is breaking barriers here in america and some people still try to underestimate it.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I am a fan of BTS and Kpop, but realistically Grammy voters don’t like Kpop or boybands. And yes BTS is huge, but 2020 is not the year that they got huge. This wasn’t a breakthrough year for them compared to 2017-2019. And by many metrics, BLACKPINK is as big as BTS. BTS rule Twitter while BLACKPINK have more Instagram followers. BTS does better on album charts while BLACKPINK does better on singles charts and streaming platforms and their music videos now get more views than BTS.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Why are we talking about BTS? I’m not really impartial to K-Pop, but rather we should be also focusing on Asian representation in music. Rina Sawayama is right there sis!!!! Please nominated Joji!!!!

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Rina Sawayama is too much of a niche artist to get any pop field nominations. She still doesn’t have any song that has broken 10 million Spotify streams or 5 million Youtube views, while BTS and BLACKPINK both have billion view Youtube videos.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Rina Sawayama is too much of a niche artist to get any pop field nominations. She still doesn’t have any song that has broken 10 million Spotify streams or 5 million Youtube views, while BTS and BLACKPINK both have billion view Youtube videos.

Honey we are talking about quality. We don’t have a huge Asian music population in the music industry. Thank god for 88rising.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

Why are we talking about BTS? I’m not really impartial to K-Pop, but rather we should be also focusing on Asian representation in music. Rina Sawayama is right there sis!!!! Please nominated Joji!!!!

Is Kpop not Asian representation in music? I’m confused…

Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

Anyway I hope Rina makes it at least in BNA, thankfully she has great music and critical acclaim so at this point it all comes down to her label putting her name out there during voting I think.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

BTS would need hit singles to happen. So would Rina.

I think
    5. Bieber (even though I think the horrible reception to Changes could cost him)
    6. Cabello
    7. Gomez
    8. Halsey
    9. Ariana
    10. Coldplay
    11. BTS

I don’t see it for Coldplay. They had a huge hit last time. Cabello seems to be liked by the pop voters and always has some song on the radio.

I have Selena over Halsey because she haw a better narrative. She could be a Shawn Mendes type of nominee.

Is no one else releasing?

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

There are two releases coming out tomorrow that could potentially make Grammy noise.

First is Juice WRLD’s posthumous album. I doubt this will make noise since all of the singles have failed to gain as much traction as his older songs. He will need a big hit because Grammy’s do not like music about drugs. There is a new single out with Marshmellow, which is fine but I doubt it will gain traction.

Second is Summer Walker’s EP. If the EP is solid or even has one minor hit, she will be fresh in voters minds and have a strong case to get into BNA since she will have two eligible releases this period and Over It has already gone platinum. From the snippets I heard, the EP might move slightly away from RnB and towards hiphop.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Why should Gaga win for a low effort green screen video when these boys actually learned difficult choreo? The choreo in Black Swan just absolutely murders the choreo of any western star except for maybe FKA Twigs or Normani.

I have the same opinion. Glad to know someone else does. Also, total coincidence but like, an hour ago I watched the music videos for Black Swan, holy terrain, and Motivation. Gosh I love good dancers.

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

BTS would need hit singles to happen. So would Rina. I think 5. Bieber (even though I think the horrible reception to Changes could cost him) 6. Cabello 7. Gomez 8. Halsey 9. Ariana 10. Coldplay 11. BTS I don’t see it for Coldplay. They had a huge hit last time. Cabello seems to be liked by the pop voters and always has some song on the radio. I have Selena over Halsey because she haw a better narrative. She could be a Shawn Mendes type of nominee. Is no one else releasing?

looking at this list, i’m wondering if katy perry could actually be the filler nominee in this category. she doesn’t have a good grammys history and she’s not going to have a huge album but she’s still a big name and her album could be well received. plus her album is being released near the deadline. half of my brain is telling me to stop being stupid but the other half is telling me it’s not unreasonable to think she’s competing with justin/camila/selena/halsey for the spot.

thoughts???

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I completely forgot that Katy Perry is releasing. Yes, depending on how the album is received she may be in the race for that 5th slot.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Rina as well this year. But Joji isn’t happening since he is releasing his album in September (i believe)

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.