Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Like I said, ANTI’s award is its longevity. Nearly all of the songs are certified and it’s the longest running album by a Black Female artist in Billboard 200 history.

I’m glad Solange has one GRAMMY because it’s the only credential she’ll ever have. A Seat at the Table is the definition of a one album wonder.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I thought “Truth Hurts” would enter Rap/Sung Performance, but I understand the move. As someone pointed out before, that win gave me hope she would get SOTY. Anyways, I had Billie sweeping the GF and losing Best Pop Solo Performance somehow, I never believed “Bad Guy” would win there.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Am I dumb or something? So, everyone agrees that Bruno winning a Grammy was bad because his album was uninspired and safe. But we really want a diverse winner this year, so we’re looking at the winners of Grammy past. But Bruno doesn’t count as a diverse winner because he wasn’t black? It doesn’t matter that he is a POC? Or are we specially wanting a black winner, not just a POC? Do people think The Weeknd is in a Kendrick situation where he should win but won’t because he is black and voters are biased against him, or do people think a black person is going to win and because The Weeknd is great they’re going to pick him to fulfill that?

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Ariana imo deserved absolutely nothing. Her albums/records were in some way inferior to at least one of the others she competed with. That not withstanding, thank y, next remains a great album and easily her best body of work for me.

She was totally undeniable. a 86 metascore is nothing since Billie had higher placement on year-end listings, chart-wise as well.
    Also, it didn’t help she didn’t campaign, won 0 relevant awards, released songs that were not related to the album and got into another leg of that awful tour.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

1. The Weeknd is not winning Album of the Year

2. Bruno Mars deserved his award.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The 2020 Grammys was cool. Some of the few things I’d change but I’m not pressed over:

– The blasphemy that is “Cellophane” losing to “Old Town Road” for Best Music Video.
    – “Lover” wins SOTY.
    – “Sucker” wins Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.
    – “Exactly How I Feel” wins R&B Performance.
    – “Suge” or “Down Bad” wins Rap Performance.
    – “Ballin'” or “Drip Too Hard” wins Rap/Sung.
    – “God’s Country” wins Country Solo.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Adele would’ve beat David Bowie if he were nominated for AOTY.  Thank goodness, he was NOT.  No one was beating Adele both years.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I thought “Truth Hurts” would enter Rap/Sung Performance, but I understand the move. As someone pointed out before, that win gave me hope she would get SOTY. Anways, I had Billie sweeping the GF and losing Best Pop Solo Performance somehow, I never believed “Bad Guy” would win there.

“bad guy” was destined for its ROTY win. Finneas is genius. “Truth Hurts” performance win was SO fitting.

Am I dumb or something? So, everyone agrees that Bruno winning a Grammy was bad because his album was uninspired and safe. But we really want a diverse winner this year, so we’re looking at the winners of Grammy past. But Bruno doesn’t count as a diverse winner because he wasn’t black? It doesn’t matter that he is a POC? Or are we specially wanting a black winner, not just a POC? Do people think The Weeknd is in a Kendrick situation where he should win but won’t because he is black and voters are biased against him, or do people think a black person is going to win and because The Weeknd is great they’re going to pick him to fulfill that?

Just give the best work their reward. It’s that simple. No need to cry “lack of diversity” when non-blacks climb the stage. Imo, Kendrick has been robbed of AOTY twice though, but that’s just/ Not mad at Taylor and even Bruno.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Or are we specially wanting a black winner, not just a POC?

That’s the point, I think. Bruno’s sound is also safe and likable enough, maybe why some people don’t agree with that sweep.

Do people think The Weeknd is in a Kendrick situation where he should win but won’t because he is black and voters are biased against him, or do people think a black person is going to win and because The Weeknd is great they’re going to pick him to fulfill that?

Both, I think as well. They have a problem with Black and African-American artists in the GF and maybe The Weeknd would be fitting given all the context I mentioned some pages ago. I liked and agree with your questions. I also must say (again) that I see After Hours as the Need You Now/Back to Black of 2021, but who knows.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Bruno Mars did NOT deserve to win Album of the Year over Kendrick Lamar.  #PeriodT

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, we have to cry “lack of diversity” when non-blacks keep winning year after year.  Often times, the non-black winners are NOT the best.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

ROTY: Bad Guy

SOTY: Lover

Pop Solo: Truth Hurts

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

ROTY: Blinding Lights

SOTY: Shameika

Pop Solo: Blinding Lights/ Don’t Start Now

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The thing that The Weeknd has in common with Outkast is that they had a huge crossover hit. I mean many people know Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is because of The Way I Move and Hey Ya. Not Roses or Ghettomusik. After Hours’ win will be thanks to Blinding Lights, maybe like how Bad Guy was propelled Billie to win AOTY.

Anyways I’m playing the waiting game. Fiona has done nothing to campaign except with a couple of interviews here and there. I’m pretty disappointed because well she could do so much better. If Fiona doesn’t submit, is The Weeknd the favorite to win now? and where does her old votes go?

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.