Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Argentine but not Messi
    Topics:

Ariana change your team ASAP.

Get out Ari!

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Even if Ariana submitted anything in R&B, some of you are assuming that (1) the committee would put her through, (2) that the screening committee would even classify some of those songs as R&B.

The R&B committee routinely rejects pop star submissions unless those artists have genre credibility. Case in point – Bruno Mars was denied nominations with “Our First Time” and “If I Knew” from his first two albums, but got nominated across the board when he actually had hits on urban radio.

Justin Timberlake is another example. “Pusher Love” wasn’t a hit, but he had had urban radio hits for years and had credibility in the genre.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

The R&B committee routinely rejects pop star submissions unless those artists have genre credibility. Case in point – Bruno Mars was denied nominations with “Our First Time” and “If I Knew” from his first two albums, but got nominated across the board when he actually had hits on urban radio.

Justin Timberlake is another example. “Pusher Love” wasn’t a hit, but he had had urban radio hits for years and had credibility in the genre.

Given these examples, do you think “Heartless” will be nominated? I’m 100% sure they’ll block since it’s not their type and Abel it’s way more pop now he than was in 2015-16, even though he has credit enough on the genre and some votes. “Reminder” had a similar trajectory. They should submit “Scared to Live” in some category since it’s a safer option, but I doubt.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Given these examples, do you think “Heartless” will be nominated? I’m 100% sure they’ll block since it’s not their type and Abel it’s way more pop now he than was in 2015-16, even though he has credit enough on the genre and some votes. “Reminder” had a similar trajectory. They should submit “Scared to Live” in some category since it’s a safer option, but I doubt.

“Scared to Live” is a pop song so I doubt that would even make it past screening

“Heartless” could go either way

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Did anyone here catch today’s episode of The Price Is Right? I saw the end and a girl lost a trip to the Grammy awards by over bidding on her showcase. She went over by just $676 too. (shaking my head)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Gbemi Aduwo
    Topics:

Is circles (post malone) even eligible? It was released one day before the deadline – August 31, 2019.

even NFR by lana del rey was released on the 30th of august the same as post malone and got nominations…

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Is circles (post malone) even eligible? It was released one day before the deadline – August 31, 2019.

even NFR by lana del rey was released on the 30th of august the same as post malone and got nominations…

Yes, it is. Same case as “Truth Hurts”, included in an album/project released in the deadline and not submitted before.

Profile picture
    Gbemi Aduwo
    Topics:

Aight. Thanks

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Finesse (Remix), if submitted, deserved ROTY, Rap/Sung, R&B Performance, or Pop/Duo.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Selena is not happening anywhere as usual. Despite Finneas’ involvment in “Lose You to Love Me”, at this point she’s just trying for a filler SOTY spot with that Grammy-bait type of song (like “In My Blood”) – which has already been forgotten. The other categories are way too competitive, and she wouldn’t get in anyways.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Ladies, can we please talk about this year’s Grammys more 🥺

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Ladies, can we please talk about this year’s Grammys more 🥺

in which gaga and selena are not happening.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

in which gaga and selena are not happening.

At least Ga is getting noms while Selena…. umm anyways😘

Profile picture
    Gbemi Aduwo
    Topics:

Ungodly hour deserve aoty nomination more than chromatica/hollywoods bleeding in terms of quality

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The more I listen to Phoebe Bridgers’ new album the more I wish it could pull off a total surprise and get into the General Field. Long shot, but it’s an amazing album.

Also, I was thinking about the possibility of it being submitted in Folk instead of Alternative. Thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.