Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I don’t listen to radio 🙁 just go to work and come home.

I don’t drive so whenever I get a lift from my parents (I do public transport normally, yes I’m an adult I don’t force my parents to pick me up lol) I listen to radio. Dad encourages me to Bluetooth but I’m always afraid he’ll hate my music and be too polite to tell me so I put on radio. If we put on mainstream stuff, they always spin Dua Lipa, Harry Styles, Doja Cat, and the Savage Remix. All Grammy contenders? Basically. At the very least people will be rooting for them simply because of popularity. Everyone in the general public always seems utterly confused when pop or hip hop gets snubbed for alternative or rock, but at least in Australia Tame Imapala is super liked by alternative and pop fans. Maybe not my Dad though lol

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I don’t drive so whenever I get a lift from my parents (I do public transport normally, yes I’m an adult I don’t force my parents to pick me up lol) I listen to radio. Dad encourages me to Bluetooth but I’m always afraid he’ll hate my music and be too polite to tell me so I put on radio. If we put on mainstream stuff, they always spin Dua Lipa, Harry Styles, Doja Cat, and the Savage Remix. All Grammy contenders? Basically. At the very least people will be rooting for them simply because of popularity. Everyone in the general public always seems utterly confused when pop or hip hop gets snubbed for alternative or rock, but at least in Australia Tame Imapala is super liked by alternative and pop fans. Maybe not my Dad though lol

ahaha well thanks for the perspective. I would love to know more about the music scene down there.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Gbemi Aduwo
    Topics:

I hope savage (remix) wins melodic rap song. It came out of nowhere, is sooo good would be the perfect winner. The Box/Rockstar are good but can win in other categories. A sweep would be unnecessary

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Get real! “Rain On Me” is NOT winning Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. That song is pretty much forgotten.

So what is?

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

I think Fiona team’s submitting. It would be such a wasted opportunity. Still she is never gonna campaign because she simply doesn’t care, and they are not gonna give her AOTY. We saw this situation before with Melodrama and NFR. She is probably gonna win Alternative album and Rock Song/Performance though.

Fiona Apple is signed to Columbia (or a sub label) and in most cases, a major label is going to expect the artist to submit the album.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

After the way it was received and the context it was released in, I don’t see any scenario where Fiona Apple is “blocked” by the committee. They would look foolish snubbing the BEST album of the year. When it comes to artistry, she has no competition. That doesn’t mean she’ll win, tho. I don’t see that happening.

ETA: She’ll probably be number 1 or 2 in the top 20 voting, so I don’t see them blocking THAT.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Fiona Apple is 100% getting AOTY nominated if she submits. She just won’t win.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I’m just rooting for alternative album, since the category has been created only two women won lol it’s about time to Fiona snatch that. FTBC will the a great winner.

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

Fiona’s situation is different from Lana and Lorde’s. So, trying to use them as examples for why she won’t win doesn’t add up. Fiona’s critical acclaim is more robust. She has greater appeal to an older demo than those two. She has the “vet” who never got her due narrative. Her album has been so widely embraced by people in the industry. Those other two albums also had very different competition than what Fiona will face. I also don’t know about a refusal to campaign. She’s never been in the position to really compete big at the Grammys. She probably doesn’t care. But I don’t know about her being opposed to interviews and performances late in the year to promote. Why are some people so obsessed with hoping she won’t submit? It just makes it clear that you see her as a threat. I ultimately don’t see her winning AOTY but at this point flat-out saying she won’t doesn’t make sense.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Haim- Women in Music Part lll
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Do you guys think Future Nostalgia can win BPVA?  Break My Heart is peaking on radio now.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m starting to think neither Billie or Doja will be nominated in Pop Solo. I think Billie will get into SOTY, Doja will get into ROTY but they won’t crack the pop field. I really feel like they are gonna keep a veteran/more classic artist in the lineup like they always do.

Abel, Dua, Post and Harry are obviously in. I have a strong feeling Kelly will be a namecheck again. If Gaga releases a new single she could get in. I don’t see Demi or Selena happening.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Do you guys think Future Nostalgia can win BPVA? Break My Heart is peaking on radio now.

if she’s relevant at the time with another hit single (and gaga/harry/post are not) then yes she could win, i think

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Do you guys think Future Nostalgia can win BPVA? Break My Heart is peaking on radio now.

BPVA is a close race this year. Everything depends on how things will turn out in the next few months. I feel like Harry and Dua are the ones who will arrive in a fresher state at the voting period. The voters could still choose Gaga though, it’s obvious they love her. I just don’t see Post happening anywhere.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’m starting to think neither Billie or Doja will be nominated in Pop Solo. I think Billie will get into SOTY, Doja will get into ROTY but they won’t crack the pop field. I really feel like they are gonna keep a veteran/more classic artist in the lineup like they always do.

The committee is going to block Billie from the GF since she just swept, but I have her as the 5th slot for pop solo. As for Doja, ROTY seems to be her biggest nomination alongside BNA for Say So (the solo version only). I don’t think she is reaching any genre categories with Hot Pink, unless voters really DO like her.

Profile picture
    Argentine but not Messi
    Topics:

No way. They won’t block Fiona for the general field when Now they can nominate at least 8 projects/artists. Fetch the Bolt Cutters will be nominated for AOTY: It has received critical acclaim and has a relative commercial success being an alternative pop artist. But she won’t win it. Take It easy.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.