Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 917 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Marcos
Megan
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Whew. These “newbies”, child.

leave them alone

no, Disclosure probably will not be nominated. But I do think he is the frontrunner in electronic album.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Who agrees The Weeknd is winning AOTY only bc of the political climate

Profile picture
    Ghyenenn
    Topics:

Whew. These “newbies”, child.

You’d be surprised…

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

leave them alone

My point was that I don’t think a couple of them are newbies, which is whatever. But don’t play captain save-a-poster as if you haven’t trolled people and randomly gone in on posters.

Who agrees The Weeknd is winning AOTY only bc of the political climate

I don’t agree with that. If anyone is going to win AOTY because of the political climate, it would be Run the Jewels.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The Weeknd is assisted by the current political climate and the fact that no black artist has won AOTY in a decade. But he’s the slight front-runner mostly because of sales, being respected and having decent acclaim. However, if RTJ and Roddy gets it there that will not help him out.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

My point was that I don’t think a couple of them are newbies, which is whatever. But don’t play captain save-a-poster as if you haven’t trolled people and randomly gone in on posters.

trolled who? I don’t call people newbies, I call them out on their predictions and takes on albums. Stay pressed.

Edit: also didn’t I say he won’t get nominated?

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The Weeknd is assisted by the current political climate and the fact that no black artist has won AOTY in a decade. But he’s the slight front-runner mostly because of sales, being respected and having decent acclaim. However, if RTJ and Roddy gets it there that will not help him out.

RTJ have not been a force to be reckoned with. Roddy could split votes, but they have different voting blocks. It’s just that they are Black that they are similar.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

And I very much

RTJ have not been a force to be reckoned with. Roddy could split votes, but they have different voting blocks. It’s just that they are Black that they are similar.

I am very much talking about the “vote for anyone who is black” people. All three have a different sound. But they’re still all black men whose demo appeal frequently over-cross.

Elias, just find a way to not always nosedive into every damn situation even when you don’t know what’s up. Nobody was “attacking” anyone. I was merely making a joke about some of the new posters probably not being new, but here you come with cape and shield and taking sh*t way too seriously. You’re the one that needs to de-press. And I mean that with all love.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

And I very much I am very much talking about the “vote for anyone who is black” people. All three have a different sound. But they’re still all black men whose demo appeal frequently over-cross. Elias, just find a way to not always nosedive into every damn situation even when you don’t know what’s up. Nobody was “attacking” anyone. I was merely making a joke about some of the new posters probably not being new, but here you come with cape and shield and taking sh*t way too seriously. You’re the one that needs to de-press. And I mean that with all love.

Not everyone, even Black people wont vote for people that are Black, and if they do I gotta understand. But this is not 2017 situation. The Weeknd has the r&b and pop voting blocks, Roddy has rap.

Also, I’m not press and my first comment wasnt negative. I just said leave them alone, even if it was a joke ahaha. The comment was obsurb, yes, but that’s someone’s opinion. I don’t have any ill will for you, honey I don’t really care for you. I’m just trying to talk about music.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

The Weeknd has stayed on top of most people’s predictions and the charts for almost the entire Grammy period. At this point I would be surprised if he didn’t either sweep the General Field and/or at least win Album of the Year and/or Record of the Year. Dua, Harry and Roddy are all too new to win. Fiona only has the great critics notices. The Weeknd has those + sales + multiple #1 hits.

They might throw another artist a bone in Song of the Year… maybe Post, Fiona, Maren, Bob Dylan, etc.

New Artist will prob be random. I think Summer Walker stands the greatest shot in terms of a popular artist winning, but I still think the Grammys will go with an unknown surprise winner.

Roddy & DaBaby will dominate rap field.

Maren will take 2 in Country.

Pop still feels open… although I see The Weeknd winning Pop Solo if submitted.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Album of the Year:
    Brittany Howard, Jaime
    Dua Lipa, Future Nostalgia
    Fiona Apple, Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    HAIM, Women In Music, Pt. 3
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen
    Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake
    Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding
    The Weeknd, After Hours

Record of the Year:
    Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now”
    Fiona Apple, “Shameika”
    HAIM, “Now I’m In It”
    Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me”
    Megan Thee Stallion and Beyoncé, “Savage Remix”
    Post Malone, “Circles”
    Roddy Ricch, “The Box”
    The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights”

Song of the Year:
    “Adore You” (Harry Styles)
    “Blinding Lights” (The Weeknd)
    “The Bones” (Maren Morris)
    “Circles” (Post Malone)
    “Crowded Table” (The Highwomen)
    “Dance of the Clairvoyants” (Pearl Jam)
    “He Loves Me” (Brittany Howard)
    “Murder Most Foul” (Bob Dylan)

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

They have given ROTY and SOTY to the same song for a while now

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I think HAIM should submit to the Rock field instead of POP this year. Who know? They might mke it in. If they submit to POP they are not getting nominated. Way too competitive.

Rock Album – Women In Music Pt. III
    ROTY/SOTY, Rock Song/Perf – The Steps
    Pop Duo – “Now I’m In It”

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 917 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.